forum

osu! Stream Speed (test your speed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
RaneFire
If people are gonna cheat, they'll find a way. There's no stopping it. Also there's no way to tell if someone is using 2 hands.

This program is more accurate for the "honest" user. On the other one you could hold down keys, without even realising it, due to mashing frantically and it would engage the repeat keystroke and give you a much higher BPM than you should have got. You can already see most of the scores so far in this thread are a lot lower... and the extra data is pretty informative. I'd like to see people testing more than 20 notes though, because getting a spike of 1000 BPM on 2 mashed keys out of 20 throws the average BPM by a huge amount.

Unstable rate here is also not the same as osu!'s either, so it's best not to assume you can get a low rate in game too.
buny
it spikes the bpm but it doesn't spike the average
Tenyante

I singletap so fast ;w;
Aireu
Myke B

Very sad day. My left hand hasn't changed for months :/
FreshMint
much sad
such unstable
wow.
Almost
Low unstable rate on this but can't stream accurately in-game...
NotCookie_old
I am super sandman legend
xxdeathx
no wonder why i never had a chance at big black/180 bpm streams. my average is 130 -_-
Karote
~
- Marco -
tokaku

Aqo wrote:

could you make it live?
i.e. instead of selecting a limited amount of clicks, just have a reset button, and then as soon as you start streaming it starts filling up the graph on the fly as you stream and showing you your average on the fly while the graph shows the deviation (and as you stream more and more, the graph would squish up over time)
Actually could you just allow both options? I'd love to know how much time I took for (insert number here) clicks. Great job by the way!
olszam
I can not faster on the keyboard of a laptop.
0cto_old
love it, thanks :)
nooblet
Crazy unstable rate. Laptop keyboards are great for osu!
Yano
chox_old
so much changes compared to initial release, love it!
Elzapatoverde
Nicely done! wanted to try my streaming... and dat unstable rate, I suck so bad -.-"
CookChefSteak

protip: people with over 200 unstable rate are probably cheating using two hands
hurr durr 340bpm streamz

too bad i cant do anything that's more than 15 notes

yay for singletaps doe
LukerMaster
nooblet

LukerMaster wrote:

If you're gonna cheat, at least do it right.

tranzzik

unstable rate ok?
Fullerene-
SPOILER
left hand
SPOILER
right hand

I can burst on left hand up to ~250 but it drains stamina fairly fast, right hand burst speed can go upwards of 280 if I'm warm. Too bad I can't read osu!standard at all, 4k mania for life I guess
TheVileOne

I am a terrible player. >.>
Enzy
Phonesavanh
My best so far
Legxis
This is like the best thing ever, thank you so much!
It's a lot of fun just letting a random song play in Osu, without know its BPM, then singletapping to it until you're tired, and looking at what BPM and unstable rate you got =D
Mathsma
Did this a while ago

nooblet

Mathsma wrote:

Did this a while ago

Seriously, 20 minutes of streaming? How did you ... I can hardly last 2 minutes... :( That's some hardcore stamina
B1rd
How do I execute the .Jar file? I downloaded Java but Windows still doesn't recognise how to start the file.
Topic Starter
Ziggo

B1rd wrote:

How do I execute the .Jar file? I downloaded Java but Windows still doesn't recognise how to start the file.
If Java is installed correctly it should be executable with a normal double klick. Have you installed Java from here? If it's still not working after a correct installation of Java, then I don't know, I'm sorry.
Woobowiz
How do I cookiezi?

No for reals though 20 clicks

100 clicks

It then becomes apparent that streaming for much longer locks up my fingers, so I had to slow it down. But the Unstable rate helps a TON in practicing.

May I suggest adding a disclaimer stating that just because you can stream Sanic Fast doesn't mean you can stream maps at that BPM, maybe maps that are 20-30 BPM slower.
Mathsma

Woobowiz wrote:

How do I cookiezi?

No for reals though 20 clicks

100 clicks

It then becomes apparent that streaming for much longer locks up my fingers, so I had to slow it down. But the Unstable rate helps a TON in practicing.

May I suggest adding a disclaimer stating that just because you can stream Sanic Fast doesn't mean you can stream maps at that BPM, maybe maps that are 20-30 BPM slower.
If you kept a lower unstable rate then you would be able to stream that speed, but you have 160 which is mashing rates. I would aim for less than 70 and you will have a decent reading.
Woobowiz

Mathsma wrote:

If you kept a lower unstable rate then you would be able to stream that speed, but you have 160 which is mashing rates. I would aim for less than 70 and you will have a decent reading.
I average 150-160 Unstable rate :/
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. My strokes feel and sound uniform
Mathsma

Woobowiz wrote:

Mathsma wrote:

I average 150-160 Unstable rate :/
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. My strokes feel and sound uniform
I guess that is just inexperience to the finger movements. Over time you will be able to do it better and the tool will be more accurate.
xasuma
This is been troubling me for awhile now. lol

I am pretty slow at stream speed. As the program shows, and I agree . I can do about 165 bpm with a 80~ ish unstable rate (i tested up to 200 clicks) . However if I try and push it to my max speed (180 bpm , lol) , then is just awful. (150~ ish or more)

So if anyone has experience increasing their stream speed, how was it ? Did you just naturally get faster , and what things did you do that you think helped you?
This is really the only aspect of the game I am not sure I can simply improve on by playing more.

Ultimately I would like to get to 260 bpm for about 50 clicks decently stable. But that is 100 more bpm in my case (which is crazy).

I would just like to hear from people who have actually increased their speed overtime, not people who were fast to begin with, or who think they know how to increase it but aren't talking from experience. I am mighty interested :D
Mathsma

xasuma wrote:

This is been troubling me for awhile now. lol

I am pretty slow at stream speed. As the program shows, and I agree . I can do about 165 bpm with a 80~ ish unstable rate (i tested up to 200 clicks) . However if I try and push it to my max speed (180 bpm , lol) , then is just awful. (150~ ish or more)

So if anyone has experience increasing their stream speed, how was it ? Did you just naturally get faster , and what things did you do that you think helped you?
This is really the only aspect of the game I am not sure I can simply improve on by playing more.

Ultimately I would like to get to 260 bpm for about 50 clicks decently stable. But that is 100 more bpm in my case (which is crazy).

I would just like to hear from people who have actually increased their speed overtime, not people who were fast to begin with, or who think they know how to increase it but aren't talking from experience. I am mighty interested :D
According to Aqo, the most efficient way to increase speed is to stream at your max for 12 seconds and then rest for 25. Repeat for an hour (or less w\e) every day and you will gain speed.

At your level, I would just play. Focus on keeping high accuracy and work your way up slowly. After you feel really comfortable with the game you can try to focus on speed. You need to gain all the other skills such as aim, reading, and accuracy. If you just focus on speed first and neglect the others you will not get far.
Woobowiz
Another suggestion that came to mind because of the above post ^^^

Mind if you code in an option to have the stream timed rather than it being based on the number of clicks?

So let's say instead of streaming for 20 clicks, why not set it to 12 seconds of constant streaming and the timer starts at the first click?
TequilaWolf

Mathsma wrote:

According to Aqo, the most efficient way to increase speed is to stream at your max for 12 seconds and then rest for 25. Repeat for an hour (or less w\e) every day and you will gain speed.
Hi, doing this here, I'm one week in so far;

Initially I wanted to do this to get fast/acquire speed, but the more I did it the more I liked how I could make use of the 25 seconds regular breaks to think about what I was actually doing, finger technique, and various adjustments I can perform to help myself stream better, then test it out in the 12 seconds. Even though there really isn't any obvious improvement yet (day 4 was phenomenal :) ), I'm pretty satisfied about this whole thing in general, and will hopefully manage to continue for as long as I can :) :) :) :)
Otsutsuki_old
mfw i cant even 170 bpm ingame
show more