forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Catch the Beat)

posted
Total Posts
show more
OtakuFreak

Sabi wrote:

Having no rank, means no motivation or drive to pass others, if you want to play casualy then go offline, in black ops there is casual gamers and serious gamers, in ppv1 it was perfect for both
agree.No rank.No motivation.ppv1 please //runs
Yoishi
Accuracy based plz
zedrux1
difficulty for CTB recommend to consider a see estimated harder songs that have mostly notes from left to right and right to left

because if they are vertical notes are very senciallas, also taking into account the number of radioactive red fruits because if many should be considered the hardest song

even the speed of the fall fruit if not should consider is that some songs are too fast and not all get used to that speed so I say put a speed limiter of fallen fruit

and I think I should also consider the position in which you're but that the more players get superstructures + PP

and finally I think what most consider sebe difficulty is that order
- Size Cricle
- Rate Approach
- HP Drain
- Difficulty Overwall

Well that's all and greetings :P
Empress Junko
1. Difficulty of maps based on something similliar to osu!tp beatmap diffculties. (+ little boost of performance in CtB diffs.)
2. Boost of FL performance, reduce of HD farming.

Having no rank would be too drastical in my opinion.
Kolbe

YERTI wrote:

im okay with this rank
Sure you are ! xD
I got 77k yey !
Suikami

YERTI wrote:

im okay with this rank

Me too, lol

suggestion ? maybe same as others
approved > insane > hard
eldnl
About mods:

- Playing DT on AR9+ maps. example: https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=66853&m=2 - https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=48416&m=2
- Playing HR on AR8+ maps. example: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/291996?m=2 - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/151017?m=2
- Playing HD on AR7- maps (but the map has to be a hard difficulty). https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=51308&m=2 - https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=101727&m=2
- Playing FL on AR9+ maps. https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=86324&m=2

That's the harder stuff about mods.
About the normal difficulty of a map, you have to consider the x distance of the notes, including sliders, because the y distance doesn't matter at all.
The note density doesn't matter that much, everything is about the jumps, a fast bpm song without jumps will be easy, a slow bpm song with a lot of jump will be hard.
The stream jumps can be considered has something really hard.

If anyone can add something that would be great.
eldnl
edit double post.
Drafura

DeathXHunter wrote:

I think SS shouldn't be that much considered as it is in standard,or like it was in CtB,that's all what bothered me.
What are you talking about ?

Also I have no opinion about pp. /me get out of this thread.
DeathXHunter
Talking about that if u get SS you would've get a shitton of PP,1 droplet miss or more and you didnt even get close to the amount of PP.

Anyways Drafura,I'm lucky you mastered the alphabet!
Drafura

DeathXHunter wrote:

It took me some time.

Anyway /offtopic
eldnl

DeathXHunter wrote:

Talking about that if u get SS you would've get a shitton of PP,1 droplet miss or more and you didnt even get close to the amount of PP.

A droplet shouldn't be a big difference, the accuracy on ctb is a lot different from any other game mode.
DeathXHunter
Welp that's what i was trying to say ,was wrong considered on the old build. Anyways,keep sharing your opinons and dont complain ingame about your rank guys :)
- Rii -
1. SS shouldn't be weighted much
2. spinners shouldn't be weighted much (may still give a little bonus though)
3. HD on high AR shouldn't be weighted much.. sometimes it's even much easier to play high ARs with HD
4. DT should be equal or at least a bit less to HR, especially on AR9 or some maps with insane jumps. sometimes DT is even much harder than HR
5. a tp system for ctb would be good (where you collect the hardest to fc maps in ctb, rank them and made points based on that)

edit: ok i have no opinions for FL
Didfus
remove play counts :o
Slow
I want to remove the PP system..
CLSW
It would be impossible to remove pp ranking system on ctb :P

Guys, think it to better way, don't give up. We still don't know if new system will beloved?
Seph

- Rii - wrote:

where you collect the hardest to fc maps in ctb, rank them and made points based on that
"omg lets rank verdi maps!"

no.
- Rii -

Seph wrote:

- Rii - wrote:

where you collect the hardest to fc maps in ctb, rank them and made points based on that
"omg lets rank verdi maps!"

no.
k verdi maps is overrated

and i don't mean to get those sh*tmaps to be "ranked", just something like this for ctb
eldnl

- Rii - wrote:

1. SS shouldn't be weighted much
2. spinners shouldn't be weighted much (may still give a little bonus though)
3. HD on high AR shouldn't be weighted much.. sometimes it's even much easier to play high ARs with HD
4. DT should be equal or at least a bit less to HR, especially on AR9 or some maps with insane jumps. sometimes DT is even much harder than HR
5. a tp system for ctb would be good (where you collect the hardest to fc maps in ctb, rank them and made points based on that)

edit: ok i have no opinions for FL
DT is harder on AR9+ and high bpm jumpy maps.
VelperK

119410501 wrote:

Remove PP rankings.
now that's something nice to see from you!

yeah i agree
Seph

- Rii - wrote:

and i don't mean to get those sh*tmaps to be "ranked", just something like this for ctb
that is possible, its just that ctbtp would require manual inputs of maps, and difficulty of a map in ctb is quite arguable since player 1 can have troubles with a certain map while player 2 cant, and it goes vice versa
NecoNecoDouga
I express neutral opinion about this agenda.
Cuz If New ranking system is becoming, Maybe i can get more high ranking but i think that system will be not exciting for playing osu!
if system is staying like now, i can't get more high ranking but, there is exciting for getting more ranking with competition with others ranker

So i can't say certainly changing the system is good for me or not

( I'm not good at English So there are many grammatical errors)
Len

119410501 wrote:

Remove PP rankings.
^
autofanboy
cancel pp
viostrone

alienflybot wrote:

cancel pp
+1
S a o r i
delete the pp system
Ikillforpies
I think there should still be PP in the game. I like to see how i rank around the world. BUT, there should be a option to not show for those people who doesn't like PP or just want to play for fun. I like being competitive with people around me, so thats why i like PP and getting good rank on songs. There different people that play osu for a lots of reason (to have fun, to be #1). Just have a option that allows the people to show/not show their pp rankings.

Do you really want the old old ranking system back? Just playing ranked songs and get scores to be #1? Pretty sure all the people who wants to delete this pp rank want this style back. Which is really shitty of a ranking system...
Topic Starter
Tom94
Nobody forces anyone of you to look at a ranking number. I don't see a reason to remove something, that a big portion of the player-base wants, that is not invasive at all towards anyone. :o
MotherFish_old
Cancel pp
Accel World
\:D/ who care the ppv2? YOU? Too young Too simple!
[Nemesis]
also, please make DT multiplier 1.12
palladium260
I like the pp system, but certainly I prefer not having rank at all rather than having an unfair one.
Ikillforpies
It would be nice that for those people who doesn't want pp should at least HAVE A FREAKING REASON TOO... And not just the normal JUST PLAY FOR FUN reason!... At least say why you don't want it. Explain yourselves
bomber34

Ikillforpies wrote:

It would be nice that for those people who doesn't want pp should at least HAVE A FREAKING REASON TOO... And not just the normal JUST PLAY FOR FUN reason!... At least say why you don't want it. Explain yourselves
lol the "Just play for fun" is actually a nice reason
without pp you can concentrate easier on the top50 rankings of your favourite songs and maps only without thinking about the whole ranking, since your fav. song/map might be something way easier than Big Black shitmaps
If there were no pp, you would feel better when you rank high on your fav. maps.
The overall harder maps just decrease the worth you would gave the maps you were enjoying more and where you ranked better, because the hard ones give more pp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there are a lot of contra arguments against that point but that is one reason.

Also that is not my real opinion about pp I just wanted to bring another point of view you asked for
DeletedUser_500696

bomber34 wrote:

Ikillforpies wrote:

lol the "Just play for fun" is actually a nice reason
without pp you can concentrate easier on the top50 rankings of your favourite songs and maps only without thinking about the whole ranking, since your fav. song/map might be something way easier than Big Black shitmaps
If there were no pp, you would feel better when you rank high on your fav. maps.
The overall harder maps just decrease the worth you would gave the maps you were enjoying more and where you ranked better, because the hard ones give more pp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there are a lot of contra arguments against that point but that is one reason.

Also that is not my real opinion about pp I just wanted to bring another point of view you asked for
In that case, isn't it just an issue with ppv1? If you don't want to be rewarded for an easy map, this can be fixed in ppv2 like standard. I personally like the confirmation of a genuinely good rank on a difficult map when I receive pp, but I agree that a less competitive system could allow players to enjoy themselves more and not take ctb so seriously.
Kanegae

Sabi wrote:

2: CTB ranking should be calucated by combo/overall map progression

3:why are droplets worth 10 points.. lol? we only get these droplets to get that SS Bonus for the PP.. so please fix that <3

4: another thing is spinner maps, in ctb there are pp maps called no spinner maps such as (Maware - Popner's Hard) https://osu.ppy.sh/s/122658 Which gave over 40-50 PP If you SS'd it with HR/HD because you would tie for 3rd/4th place and give alot of pp, but if you even miss 1 droplet you would lose all that pp gain

5: you should weigh HR/FL, also look at HD, there are tons of HD players in CTB

thanks - sabi

EDIT: I am a nomod player, i infact HATE HD, HD for me is just for pp, i love nomod and alot of people do, so try to make it fun for the both sides of the grass HD and Nomod

That's pretty much my opinion. And I do think that missing ONE DROPLET is not a reason to lose all the pp you would get from a SS.
DeathXHunter
After all there will be ppv2 hopefully,so the guys who say that the ranking should be removed just play for the fun and let the other guys discuss what should be considered in the upcoming system and not ask for removing it,lol.
[Super Shock]_old

DeathXHunter wrote:

After all there will be ppv2 hopefully,so the guys who say that the ranking should be removed just play for the fun and let the other guys discuss what should be considered in the upcoming system and not ask for removing it,lol.

^
-Ryuujii-

DeathXHunter wrote:

show more