forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Catch the Beat)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tom94
Hello everyone,

I've got an initial iteration of the algorithm to show. Please remember to tell me which version you are talking about when giving feedback. Also please let me know which tuning seems the best to you. ;)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 3emc#gid=1
Remove PP rankings.
DeletedUser_500696

119410501 wrote:

Remove PP rankings.
I disagree with this. PP is fun for a lot of people even if it will never be perfect.

It isn't accurate at all IMO to put so much weight on ctb specific maps, especially since there are so few. There are plenty of standard maps that translate into fun and difficult ctb maps. Also the best performance shouldn't be filled with easy SS's...
Ioka
dont. change. it. i will stay #84 forever. :) :)
Kingkevin30
i don't really know much about the "skill weight" in CTB... but because CTB uses just 2 axes the most "difficulty" increasing factors for me are the AR, the Distance between Notes and the CS.
-Ryuujii-
let peppy do whatever he thinks is right, after all he can't make all this kids happy.
Yuji Tokaji

-Ryuujii- wrote:

let peppy do whatever he thinks is right, after all he can't make all this kids happy.
Indeed. I'm fine with this new system.
DeathXHunter
I think SS shouldn't be that much considered as it is in standard,or like it was in CtB,that's all what bothered me.
Riari

DeathXHunter wrote:

I think SS shouldn't be that much considered as it is in standard,or like it was in CtB,that's all what bothered me.
This.

I think that if you play with a mod and Don't get an SS, it should weigh more than a SS nomod. I've had multiple plays like this and it really annoys me to know that my effort went to waste.
lineqtxz
approved > insane > hard

DeathXHunter wrote:

and this^
Catgirl
I am a SS player, and my old rank of around #4300 wasn't really indicative of my skill at all (I should really be much lower). Any good play with mods should really benefit more to ranks, even if they don't full combo. It takes much more skill in CTB to play with HR and get say, 99.5%, than it does to play the same map with no mod and get SS.
I logged in yesterday and loved how the boxes without rank look, everybody is the same and plays just for fun. I really liked that.
Of course PP rank is totally better than the ranked score rank, but no rank is the best one.
Touche

lineqtxz wrote:

approved > insane > hard

DeathXHunter wrote:

and this^
+1 to this

If CtB's SS has a high pp value, a lot of farmers will come back :s
WujekGrzyb

119410501 wrote:

I logged in yesterday and loved how the boxes without rank look, everybody is the same and plays just for fun. I really liked that.
Of course PP rank is totally better than the ranked score rank, but no rank is the best one.
Good guy 119410501.

I like players rank in each beatmap, so global rank could even stands for average places in every map :P
Kitsunemimi

Kingkevin30 wrote:

i don't really know much about the "skill weight" in CTB... but because CTB uses just 2 axes the most "difficulty" increasing factors for me are the AR, the Distance between Notes and the CS.
Mostly this ^

Also, there are some very difficult patterns in CtB such as slider streams and back/forth jumps since the hyperdash update.

You also have to remember that since vertical distance in CtB is nullified, you can't just calculate the total distance between notes, but instead, the left/right distance. The same goes for super speed slider streams, sometimes they're vertical so they're easy, but sometimes they're horizontal and almost impossible... It makes it a bit difficult and inconsistent to calculate difficulty.
iiyo
1: ------------------------------------- Scratch that

2: CTB ranking should be calucated by combo/overall map progression

3:why are droplets worth 10 points.. lol? we only get these droplets to get that SS Bonus for the PP.. so please fix that <3

4: another thing is spinner maps, in ctb there are pp maps called no spinner maps such as (Maware - Popner's Hard) https://osu.ppy.sh/s/122658 Which gave over 40-50 PP If you SS'd it with HR/HD because you would tie for 3rd/4th place and give alot of pp, but if you even miss 1 droplet you would lose all that pp gain

5: you should weigh HR/FL, also look at HD, there are tons of HD players in CTB

thanks - sabi

EDIT: I am a nomod player, i infact HATE HD, HD for me is just for pp, i love nomod and alot of people do, so try to make it fun for the both sides of the grass HD and Nomod
Sousaki

119410501 wrote:

no rank is the best one.
iiyo

Sousaki wrote:

119410501 wrote:

no rank is the best one.
Having no rank, means no motivation or drive to pass others, if you want to play casualy then go offline, in black ops there is casual gamers and serious gamers, in ppv1 it was perfect for both
Kazuo
there is a huge gap between ctb custom maps and normal maps
bomber34
HD should not be weighted that much ... or more or less like
- the lower the AR the more HD weights
on high AR you can ignore HD really
AR10 is a bitch no matter which mod though

DT should be weighted a bit less than HR but that also depends on how difficult the map overall is ... I hate DT since the control feels almost non existing in detailmovements >.>)

- imo dashes which are very closely no Hyperdashes (you still need to dash normally) are harder than normal Hyperdashes

- FL is weird, no opinion

no idea if the system can detect certain patterns well enough, especially very fast zigzags are hard

just my opinion though
good luck
YERTI

im okay with this rank
ZiRoX
I just hope you find a good way to measure difficulty. If you were to find one, you could compare all maps (converted and CTB-specific) with the same basis, and avoid giving CTB-specific maps a ridiculous bonus like it is now (a Cup diff I played almost 1 year ago is worth more than some harder converted maps I've been playing recently)

Sabi wrote:

Having no rank, means no motivation or drive to pass others, if you want to play casualy then go offline, in black ops there is casual gamers and serious gamers, in ppv1 it was perfect for both
Passing others shouldn't be based on a number.
I used to be motivated into rising ranks, I've always been high ranked, but the feeling of having no rank is priceless.
If you want to improve you still can without a rank.
OtakuFreak

Sabi wrote:

agree.No rank.No motivation.ppv1 please //runs
Yoishi
Accuracy based plz
zedrux1
difficulty for CTB recommend to consider a see estimated harder songs that have mostly notes from left to right and right to left

because if they are vertical notes are very senciallas, also taking into account the number of radioactive red fruits because if many should be considered the hardest song

even the speed of the fall fruit if not should consider is that some songs are too fast and not all get used to that speed so I say put a speed limiter of fallen fruit

and I think I should also consider the position in which you're but that the more players get superstructures + PP

and finally I think what most consider sebe difficulty is that order
- Size Cricle
- Rate Approach
- HP Drain
- Difficulty Overwall

Well that's all and greetings :P
Empress Junko
1. Difficulty of maps based on something similliar to osu!tp beatmap diffculties. (+ little boost of performance in CtB diffs.)
2. Boost of FL performance, reduce of HD farming.

Having no rank would be too drastical in my opinion.
Kolbe

YERTI wrote:

im okay with this rank
Sure you are ! xD
I got 77k yey !
Suikami

YERTI wrote:

im okay with this rank

Me too, lol

suggestion ? maybe same as others
approved > insane > hard
show more