forum

Touhosu! / Dodge the Beat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12,148
show more
Graphite Edge
support +1
yoshilove
support~ <3

Although it is very old,
There was such a thing.
There was a game to Danmaku the BMS. *Danmaku(Cartridge? Curtain of fire?)

※not Touhou, this is another game.
There is a place that is similar.

(but JP lung)
(An animation was not found in Youtube. )
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm130707
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~VG5M-OBT/otama.html
DJNightmare

Starz0r wrote:

A better idea on how Touhosu! could work is this:

I ain't lady
And no, you don't sound like a man who has ordered a pizza.
/me runs
Indra145
It will be something like this?

Jiraymin
I really think that the "Starz0r" example is a good idea :) .

But , well ... i think it should be fun if the player press a key to shoot the enemies in rhythm .
For example, the enemy always throw bullet in all the map according to the beatmap ; and the player do the same but only on a vertical line , but, few time the player must press a key to make a powerfull attack (indicated by something like ... color change)
I hope that you understand what I mean :oops:

( also , i don't read all pages of the topic, so ... tell me if something better is proposed )
- Marco -
looks like peppy is slowly working on this :)
Trash Boat
i really like to support this idea, actually i approve it, but i can't find my stars or votes. i should have at least 2
- Marco -

battler077 wrote:

i really like to support this idea, actually i approve it, but i can't find my stars or votes. i should have at least 2
You get 2 stars when you buy supporter i hate that moda >.> everyone should have the ability to vote...
Trash Boat
somebody told me that when somebody gives you supporter, the gifter get the votes, not the receiver. that could be the reason
Heinzen
Beat hazard is a pretty fun game. A rhythm bullet hell. I'd love to see it working over here, but how would a ranking system work for that?

Supporting it
Taadashi

Heinzen wrote:

Beat hazard is a pretty fun game. A rhythm bullet hell. I'd love to see it working over here, but how would a ranking system work for that?

Supporting it
Perhaps something like graze points in touhou? Another idea could be to subtract points each time the player's been hit.
Trash Boat

Taadashi wrote:

Perhaps something like graze points in touhou? Another idea could be to subtract points each time the player's been hit.
based on that Touhosu! should be amazingly impossible(difficult)
Taadashi

battler077 wrote:

Taadashi wrote:

based on that Touhosu! should be amazingly impossible(difficult)
Well I do expect it to be somewhere close to touhou ranging from beginner to lunatic. Also I expect it to use mods such as hidden or fl to boost the score. :P
Dexus

marcostudios wrote:

You get 2 stars when you buy supporter i hate that moda >.> everyone should have the ability to vote...
People that are supporting the game have the right to vote what happens. It only makes sense, right?
Luna

marcostudios wrote:

looks like peppy is slowly working on this :)
What's your source for that? I can't remember seeing any indication of a dev actually working on this.
Trash Boat

Luna wrote:

What's your source for that? I can't remember seeing any indication of a dev actually working on this.
there is a thread in GD with a video that may depict a bit of Touhosu!. i didnt see it yet because... 1 hr.. next
Oinari-sama

battler077 wrote:

Luna wrote:

there is a thread in GD with a video that may depict a bit of Touhosu!. i didnt see it yet because... 1 hr.. next

Fastforward to 43:30. Peppy mentioned about "the touhou mode" around 43:58.
EDIT: I should really preview before posting orz
TakuMii
He's not working on it at the moment. What he said just tells us that it's only in proof-of-concept stage and it'd be a while until this comes into fruition.
FireFoxZX
love it+possible ideas=be able to shoot the spinners
Trash Boat
peppy, i suggest you implement this mode as fast as you can, because a new rhythm game threatens to end your reign of popularity

Myke B

Trash Boat wrote:

peppy, i suggest you implement this mode as fast as you can, because a new rhythm game threatens to end your reign of popularity

Their open beta is tomorrow, but their forums isn't available at all - is that normal?
uzzi

Trash Boat wrote:

Yo they spelling 'coming' wrong on their website.
Myke B

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

Volumax is confirmed comming soon.
TakuMii

Myke B wrote:

Their open beta is tomorrow, but their forums isn't available at all - is that normal?
Their forum is available - but no one is there.
deadbeat

Trash Boat wrote:

or maybe, you try help instead of telling him to hurry up :/
also take discussion of that game to the video games forum, not here
Mira-san
Tiem to support.

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

It's just a ripoff.
Kayla
volumax isnt cute at all. no moe blobs. i dont support it. they just stole catch the beat and flipped it sideways. it also has ugly smoke everywhere. its really very ugly and not fun to look at.
Soulg
+1 good idea please implement
Seijiro

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

Just...What the hell is this?
I'll be able too, to take all peppy's work and change some graphics....
I bet this game will make a veeeery short life (personal opinion). I even tried it (to say it better "I tried to try it") but i couldn't install it cause my graphic card isn't powerful enough...yeah...nice game....
logon13
Is there still a chance touhosu is going to made. Im confused from the last few posts on this thread
Dolphin

logon13 wrote:

Is there still a chance touhosu is going to made. Im confused from the last few posts on this thread
Mira-san
Still waiting...
Chamelo

logon13 wrote:

There is, just you wait. :)

Creating new mode is not easy. Just saying.
kanocchi
i was high sorry
Ridd_old_1
i hope it will comes in 2014 D:
[ Nep ]

Stop Trance wrote:

the idea nesecite permission of ZUN, peppy send mensagge to ZUN for copyright, is complicate? yeah D:
Is not necessary the permission of ZUN for create this game mode for osu xD peppy can only take the idea from Touhou and use it for the new game mode, like he did with Osu! Tatakae Ouendan for made osu!. Taking the general idea of a game you can create a new game with your own ideas to improve the game.
The permission of the Copyright of Touhou is necessary if peppy want to add some original stuff of Touhou in osu like characters or another things allowed only in Touhou.

Anyway... this game mode be implemented in osu.... some day, at least that i think ;-;
Trash Boat
this thread didnt passed the page 16 yet?
Hestia-
Firstly, saying only +support or arguing over another rhythm game that has nothing to do with Touhosu! is a good way to get this thread locked.

As many people have said, the trick to this mode is keeping both the rhythm game feel of osu! and the insanity of bullet hells. Here is my suggestion: There needs to be the ability to shoot bullets as otherwise people only focus on dodging which has less rhythm and shooting allows you to get score. You can have the character automatically fire (or if you hold fire button) at a rhythm determined by the beatmap. There can be lots of enemies that pop up like fairies and spirits popping up according to the position of the notes in the original beatmap, but can come from edges of the screen too. Having enemies would make sure that people focus on something other than their character, and not just a boss in the center that you have to stay under to get max points. Personally I don't like the idea of grazing giving score (I don't like this in Touhou either >_>) and it makes more sense to have a combo gained by killing enemies. This would be more like a standard touhou stage or standard stage combined with Danmakufu because there would be lots of bullets plus enemies. Also it would be cool to have an 'All Clear' thing on beatmaps after you 1cc them.

Another difficulty brought up is making sure that the autoconverter would be able interesting patterns-- Sakuya Lv9 even suggests not implementing an autoconverter at all. I disagree with Sakuya, as the whole point of extra modes is being able to play all the songs in a different mode. Peppy might as well make an entirely different game if you couldn't use the already created beatmaps. Of course, Touhosu! specific beatmaps would be much better for this mode like other mode specific beatmaps are better for their respective categories.

An example of something sort of like this could be the first boss in 140: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN_aTIWQ81s
Yes this game is really easy and it shoots too slow. Also saying that an idea is bad because it's too easy doesn't make sense because peppy can adjust this very easily by making it have more bullets & there will be multiple difficulty settings for maps anyway.
BlackMidKnight
Concerning about the combo, there is a game in mobile called shogun (which is kinda similar as touhou) in which in order to gain a multiplier (in this game, it is term as "stealing your enemy's energy") you need to be nearer, but not to close, to the foe's bullets to gain a certain addition to your multiplier in this case one bullet is equal to plus one.

Here's the mechanics I've explained lately presented in the video below:
Just skip to 0:38
Trash Boat
i just had a wonderful idea about how Touhosu! could be. it's osu! with autoplay, but each hit circle clicked fires a circle wave of danmakus. this also applies for the end(and the start maybe) of the sliders, the slider tics(maybe the reverse arrow too) and the spinners(but only after its cleared, then it will fire danmakus from the centre). i think that the cursor will be also a target to dodge. the speed of the danmaku waves may vary accord to the song. what do you think?
show more