AleatoireMixes - Medley of Ytpmv

posted
Total Posts
show more
Xiaolin
From my queue~ c:
[Marathon]
01:06:992 -How about moving the slider a little bit down
02:56:310 -One slider 02:56:718 -Another slider.
03:47:984 -Make the slider smaller 03:48:065 -Add a slider 03:48:228 -Remove the circle.
Ok, that's it, hope its helpful for your map. :)
Topic Starter
ztrot
thanks for the mod, but I don't feel the changes really affect enough to justify applying them.
p3n
I promised this long ago but I didn't have the time over the holidays...

I still like the last ~80% of this. In the beginning there are a few parts/notes that feel a bit unintuitive, especially the part after the 3rd bookmark. I know it is following the background melody but somehow it took me too many tries to figure out what exactly I was playing there.

00:15:667 (4,1) - everytime I start to play this map this part feels not right. I couldn't pinpoint it - tried to shorten the slider by 1/4, tried to add notes, tried to remove notes...nothing felt "right". It is certainly not a wrong note placement though. Personally for me the best thing to do here is turning the slider with the following note into a 3/4 repeat slider and fusing the combos. Some slight spacing adjustment and the pattern stays intact and overall it feels a lot more smooth (for me anyway): http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1226729
00:26:510 (1,1) - it feels weird to end the spinner on this very dominant downbeat. I would prefer to actually hit this note and closely follow the melody (maybe another slider?) like you do with the first combo of this part: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1226725 This makes it play much more natural as you are forced to start on the right beat to get back into the song after the spinner.
00:29:944 (1,2,3,4) - personally I would start the combo on (4) instead. It fits the melody either way but this way it adds some readability to the patterns.
01:08:076 (1,2) - this should follow the same beat pattern as the previous combo 01:06:631 (1,2,3) - . I suggest stretching 01:08:076 (1) - by 1/4 into (2) to match the repeating part (but this will require a new placement for both sliders).
01:09:793 - add a note to keep up the pacing you started 2 combos earlier. Also...
01:10:245 (6,7) - ...why the 1/4 connection here? It is playable but it struck me as kind of weird when I played this for the first time and it still feels a bit forced even after many many tries.
02:37:968 (1) - the normal whistle stands out. It fits so well...too bad it is the only one and the other whistles are all soft whistles

Night of Knights and Nuclear Fusion are my favourite parts ;)

Overall those are small suggestions to an otherwise solid medley map. They certainly do affect gameplay and I'd like to see your opinion on them. As it stands, I feel all these things add up to make this map feel a bit rough (as in: They break the intuitive gameplay-flow and the feeling for this map when I play it).

Also:
Topic Starter
ztrot

p3n wrote:

I promised this long ago but I didn't have the time over the holidays...

I still like the last ~80% of this. In the beginning there are a few parts/notes that feel a bit unintuitive, especially the part after the 3rd bookmark. I know it is following the background melody but somehow it took me too many tries to figure out what exactly I was playing there.

00:15:667 (4,1) - everytime I start to play this map this part feels not right. I couldn't pinpoint it - tried to shorten the slider by 1/4, tried to add notes, tried to remove notes...nothing felt "right". It is certainly not a wrong note placement though. Personally for me the best thing to do here is turning the slider with the following note into a 3/4 repeat slider and fusing the combos. Some slight spacing adjustment and the pattern stays intact and overall it feels a lot more smooth (for me anyway): http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1226729
00:26:510 (1,1) - it feels weird to end the spinner on this very dominant downbeat. I would prefer to actually hit this note and closely follow the melody (maybe another slider?) like you do with the first combo of this part: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1226725 This makes it play much more natural as you are forced to start on the right beat to get back into the song after the spinner.
00:29:944 (1,2,3,4) - personally I would start the combo on (4) instead. It fits the melody either way but this way it adds some readability to the patterns.
01:08:076 (1,2) - this should follow the same beat pattern as the previous combo 01:06:631 (1,2,3) - . I suggest stretching 01:08:076 (1) - by 1/4 into (2) to match the repeating part (but this will require a new placement for both sliders).
01:09:793 - add a note to keep up the pacing you started 2 combos earlier. Also...
01:10:245 (6,7) - ...why the 1/4 connection here? It is playable but it struck me as kind of weird when I played this for the first time and it still feels a bit forced even after many many tries.
02:37:968 (1) - the normal whistle stands out. It fits so well...too bad it is the only one and the other whistles are all soft whistles

Night of Knights and Nuclear Fusion are my favourite parts ;)

Overall those are small suggestions to an otherwise solid medley map. They certainly do affect gameplay and I'd like to see your opinion on them. As it stands, I feel all these things add up to make this map feel a bit rough (as in: They break the intuitive gameplay-flow and the feeling for this map when I play it).

Also:

Thank you for looking it over when I wake up I'll adjust the stuff see how it feels and get back to you.
Topic Starter
ztrot
I'm at a impass I've made a few of suggestions you pointed out happen but not 00:15:667 (4,1) - i find nothing wrong with that but seeing as these changes are so small will this be approved after the changes are made or do i have to start all over looking for BATs? I will update when you give me your answer
p3n
Better late than never. (ノ 'ω')ノ
Irreversible
congratz! \o/
Topic Starter
ztrot
yay!
Kyonko Hizara
Well finally :U

Congrats~
Dainesl
Conglaturation, you're winner! Nice job ztrot and all involved in this Marathon .w.
[ Mephisto ]
Congrats~
ColdTooth
Congratz ztrot! :D
vipto
lol
Shohei Ohtani
omg I got something ranked was part of something that got ranked in 2014

yay ;3;
Love
BOUT TIME DAWG
Kyouren
Gratzz!! ChivaCookie, [Luanny], those, Nyanderson-kun, MMzz, CDFA, and ztrot!!^^
TicClick
I'm quite happy to hear bloomin' feeling chosen as the preview
DenoisoGoiso
wut
Akiyama Mizuki
I totally forgot to bring an octagon.
Hard
yay! good job ztrot and everyone else... but mostly ztrot and stuff.
[Luanny]
omg I forgot about this map :o
congrats!