forum

[invalid] Surveys for Supporter

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
NYC
Hello, my name is NycDaHood and I have a simple suggestion that I would like to suggest as I thought it was a pretty good idea many other online games have been using. Many people can't afford to buy supporters me being one of them, so I thought why not add a survey feature for osu so we can complete surveys and get access to a variable amount of osu supporters maybe 1000 points for 1 day or 100 points for 1 day. Just an idea not sure if you will integrate it into the game, but I'll love to see this happening sooner or later eventually.
Bauxe
No no no no no. From what I can see, that would only give osu! a bad name.

Anyway, supporter is cheap, $4 a month (or $2 a month if you buy >1year).

Also seeing as supporter has no real benefits when it comes to skill or score, not everyone needs it in order to be a good player.
XPJ38
You mean the surveys like some websites force you to complete in order to get access to part of the website?

Hell no, I would prefer paying. Surveys always give me the feeling that the website using them is not trustworthy.
Topic Starter
NYC
Well, at least an alternate way to get supporters without having to pay on the internet would be satisfactory for me.
Bauxe

NycDaHood wrote:

Well, at least an alternate way to get supporters without having to pay on the internet would be satisfactory for me.
But supporter is for people who support development of osu! through payment...
Topic Starter
NYC

NycDaHood wrote:

I said i would pay but just not on the internet.,
Bauxe

NycDaHood wrote:

NycDaHood wrote:

I can't really see a big market for osu! game cards or something like that.
Jacqli
Nope, just Nope.
Survey is Dangerous.
Oinari-sama
The need for survey aside, I don't think such incentive system will work for a gaming (kind of?) community like osu, where the average age of players are quite low. Giving incentives for survey in this situation is like asking people to "grind" surveys, which introduces a lot of "bad" or useless data.
TheVileOne
I don't think anyone will object me denying this. If you really, really want supporter, I think you can manipulate someone into gifting you it.
XPJ38

NycDaHood wrote:

Just buy a prepaid card in cash then, some of them are accepted on osu!. If you live in America, Subway, Shell, CVS, Burger King, etc. gift cards are accepted. See full list here, click on Checkout then on More Options.