forum

Toshinori Hiramatsu - Happy Birthday

posted
Total Posts
show more
abalee
overall: personally i think you should not map the beginning of the music coz the piano sound are randomly :?

beginner:
00:14:10 (X) - try insert breaktime (about 3 seconds blank)

advanced:
fine

17th October, 1991:
some note are obviously off beat in the beginning :cry:
01:34:33 (7,1) - well, IMO it is not a good jump :|

Happy Birthday:
00:12:33 (4) - this note is obviously off beat.
00:14:78 (1) - compare to the same slider in "advanced" it is 1/4 beat longer. which one is right? :?

star for sure. ;)
Breeze
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
alvisto

abalee wrote:

overall: personally i think you should not map the beginning of the music coz the piano sound are randomly :? Yea, I do noticed that, its BPM is fluctuating and it's very random, but.... but....

beginner:
00:14:10 (X) - try insert breaktime (about 3 seconds blank) Done

advanced:
fine

Happy Birthday:
00:12:33 (4) - this note is obviously off beat. Fixed, and used Azure_Kyte's beat placing instead.
00:14:78 (1) - compare to the same slider in "advanced" it is 1/4 beat longer. which one is right? :? Orz, thanks for pointing this out... XD

star for sure. ;)
Thanks... =D

Breeze wrote:

star 8-)
Breeze~~~ = 3=~~~
Alace
Pretty cool mapset
Overall 8 + BPM 185 is awesome XD
Topic Starter
alvisto

Alace wrote:

Pretty cool mapset
Overall 8 + BPM 185 is awesome XD
Thanks Alace. Kudosu for irc modding. =P
Kytoxid
[Beginner]

00:44:055 (1,2) - These silenced slider ends are slightly surprising.
00:48:011 (7) - Extend this by 1/1?
01:20:022 (1,2,3,4) - Silenced slider starts are confusing, in my opinion.

[Azure]

01:14:087 (1) - Spinner starts before the notes end.

[Advanced]

Nothing. :)

[Alvisto]

I don't think Rarely Stack is rankable.

00:23:030 (1,2,3) - Funny-looking stack.
00:59:047 (1,2,3) - Stack onto the blue 8?

Starred, very nice.
Topic Starter
alvisto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Shinxyn
Topic Starter
alvisto

Shinxyn wrote:

Wow, pretty nice song~ Thanks shinxyn !

Beginner- I think -2 on Overall diff and +2-4 on hp drain, your choice, cuz I think the overall diff doesn't make the map "Beginner", and low hp drain... is too low Increase Hp drain, but not decreasing Overall diff. =P
00:37:009 (2) - remove one repeat, the last one sounds odd, (plus the actual beat is on 00:38:022) Partially remap this part, and the u-turn is shortened. =P
00:48:011 (7) - plus two repeats? it ends in a weird place as it is I know, but I am scared it would be too hard... xD
01:00:076 (1) - not so beginner friendly jump ORZ, THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A JUMP ! Thanks for pointing that out. =P

Advanced-[/b]
Nicely done
I can still make note of some nazi-
SPOILER
00:18:060 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - the effect is kinda weakened without hitsounds (since it is your own beats), but the timing panels work well
00:21:019 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - ^Actually there's very subtle beats here in the BG if you hear it carefully with your hands pressing your earphone towards your ear, lol, anyway, I think adding soft whistles here might be weird, so I will let it stay as it is.
01:12:076 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - after all that intense clapping, I would expect -some- here... Maybe? Please look at my comment on alvisto's diff there. =P
01:31:074 (5,9) - up a tick xD Sure ! Can't believe I missed those. orz

alvisto's (your own~)
Nice and intense
Nazi + ultra nazi - (therefore, none of this really matters)
SPOILER
00:09:094 (7) - was this supposed to be a flip or on purpose? I don't understand the word "flip" here, but whateva you're referring to, I was forced to do it on purpose. xD
00:12:040 (4) - maybe add finish? Sure !
00:13:083 (7) - maybe remove finish? have to say no here. =P
00:19:057 (4) - to be safe, move this down a tick, some BATs are picky if notes are off grid a bit like this Sure and the one after that is fixed too.
00:18:060 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - same as Advanced
00:21:019 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - same as Advanced
00:22:017 (4) - ^ up a tick though Yea, look ^
01:01:009 (2,3) - down a tick (so 2,3 look like they're vertical flips) yea lol, thanks . Fix
01:02:071 (1,2,3) - this is just like the last jump, but 1 and 2's distance is much more extreme o_o maybe fix? (and 2,3 down a tick for same reason) True true, change the position of 2, and the alignment too.
01:05:030 (4,5,6,7,8,1) - play around with Ctrl+H and Ctrl+J a bit here... Sure, Fix, and now looking more neat !
01:12:076 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9) -same as Advanced, doesn't really matter though This is those part where you would feel "no matter how people are against it, I won't change it !" and yea, won't change it. xD
01:28:001 (1,2) - eh? double clap? why? Oops, remove, also remove claps at here too 01:20:071 (2)
01:30:060 (1) - down two ticks, 01:30:076 (2) - right one tick, 01:31:074 (5) - down one tick O_o~
01:34:033 (8) - ultra nazi- up+right so 2,4,6,8 are equal fixed, should look :3 now

Good job, as far as I can tell, none of which I pointed out really matters They do shinxyn, and I do request a nazi modding from ya, and I think you have done a good job at it. xD
Thanks for the mod, appreciate it. =P
gdeath
Mystearica
Definitively not my style of map but I don't really have anything major to complain about. If you want me to discuss your map, see me on IRC or MSN.

You can have my star.

PS: Nice song.
Shinde
If you decide to use these, I suggest adding that sliderborder line into the color sections of the .osu's to make the slider track black. I think these hitcircles work best with a lighter color/BG and more neon-y combo colors. I don't think they're terribly relevant to the song, but also don't think they're that off? I didn't feel like the song needed skinning really. A cake hitcircle would probably just look weird, lol. xd (Believe me I tried.)

SPOILER
[Colours]
Combo1 : 31,211,207
Combo2 : 234,70,0
Combo3 : 0,89,6
Combo4 : 242,0,121
SliderBorder : 0,0,0
Download: Hitcircle.rar

As for the actual map, I didn't look at it in detail, but when I played it it was pretty nice. I primarily played Azure's and the Advanced difficulty.
rust45
[Beginner]
00:18:028 (1,2) - I'm no pro with hitsounds, but those are begging for finishes.
00:20:087 (1,2) - ^
00:23:030 (1,2,3) - ^

[Azure's Birthday]
Same notes need finishes please.

[Advanced]
Same notes should have finishes IMO

[alvisto's Birthday]
Same thing, but I'm sure you guessed that.
01:09:020 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - o.o Great mapping but very hard.

This is awesome, you get a star.
Topic Starter
alvisto

gdeath wrote:

Overall:why do you add two same name in your tags?
tags:Azure_Kyte Azure Kyte??
remove one of them,plz.

Coz I guess some may lazy enough to search only azure in th search box ? xD Anyway, removed.
[Beginner]
HD Drain & Overall diff are too high for this Beginner diff.plz decrease this setting. Change a little. =P
Thanks for the mod gdeath. :3

Shinde wrote:

SKIN
Yea, I would definitely use this ! ^.^ Thanks Shinde... Anyway, I remove 1 combo colour there coz I don't like neon pink (lol) and also change the BG to a guitar BG to match more with the hitcircles (I guess ?) xD

rust45 wrote:

[Beginner]
00:18:028 (1,2) - I'm no pro with hitsounds, but those are begging for finishes.
00:20:087 (1,2) - ^
00:23:030 (1,2,3) - ^
Yea, I tried these before, but it's very noisy. xD So, have to say no there. =P
[Azure's Birthday]
Same notes need finishes please.

[Advanced]
Same notes should have finishes IMO

[alvisto's Birthday]
Same thing, but I'm sure you guessed that.
01:09:020 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - o.o Great mapping but very hard.
Yea, it is. But some manage to pass it. =P

This is awesome, you get a star.
Thanks for the voluntary mod rust ! ^.^ Appreciate it.
Topic Starter
alvisto
ztrot
Ki toggles are bad and only in easy.

Azure:00:41:146 (6,1,2,3) - ewwww and all the others like it.

Ask me to mod when I'm not dead tired plz thxs

Timing is meh
Mafiamaster
Lower overall difficulty on Beginner

Azure's Party
00:41:632 (3) - No.
00:46:821 (5) - No.
01:39:120 (1,2) - No. Don't put 1/4 notes right after a spinner.
Azure_Kite
Topic Starter
alvisto

ztrot wrote:

Ki toggles are bad and only in easy.

Azure:00:41:146 (6,1,2,3) - ewwww and all the others like it.

Ask me to mod when I'm not dead tired plz thxs

Timing is meh

Mafiamaster wrote:

Lower overall difficulty on Beginner

Azure's Party
00:41:632 (3) - No.
00:46:821 (5) - No.
01:39:120 (1,2) - No. Don't put 1/4 notes right after a spinner.
All fix, and Azure's part fix too...
Mafiamaster
Topic Starter
alvisto

Mafiamaster wrote:

Stack Leniency: Rarely stacked is currently unrankable. Please move the tick away from the left.
Fix ! xD
Mafiamaster
Azure_Kite
It can be changed, but I'd like to point out that to the best of my knowledge, this is perfectly rankable.
Topic Starter
alvisto
xD Alright then, it is now fixed and proper~
Mafiamaster
Topic Starter
alvisto

Mafiamaster wrote:

Azure's Birthday is now harder than Advanced by 0.01 difficulty stars. Make Advanced a tiny bit harder by moving some of the difficulty settings. It's only reasonable to have the higher of the two total max points to have a higher difficulty rating.
Hrmm... Raised HP drain by 1 tick, hopefully it won't be too cruel then... xD

Mafiamaster wrote:

Azure's Birthday~
00:09:968 (7) - This note is a little late. Resnap to a 1/8 tick like in alvisto's Birthday and move farther away from 6.
Fix. :3

Thanks Mafiamaster.
Mafiamaster
Bubbled.
Starrodkirby86
IRC chat ~

Resnapped a few notes and removed a non-existent custom override.

Happy (re)bubble to you!
Takuma
Happy Rank.
Topic Starter
alvisto
=O

FINALLY. Thanks Takuma~ ;_; (tears of joy)

:lol:
RemmyX25
Reset thumbnail so it can reflect current background
Real1
Topic Starter
alvisto

Real1 wrote:

Beginner - 2.94 Stars. Contains "fast", stacks "large" spacing (For a Beginner map). Also contains slider spam and more. No beginner can handle this.
In whose world is this a Beginner diff? :(
Have to say sorry to you, coz my concept of "Beginner" at the time of mapping this is kinda "Normal+", plus this a fast song, hence my concept of Beginner is "the simplest difficulty of this song", not necessarily parallel with "Easy" form the other maps.

But now, I really mapped "Beginner" as in really Beginner and easy in more recent maps of mine. Hence, I apologize and thanks for the comment ! ^.^