forum

Total play time meter [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
slithien
One thing that I always wonder is what my total play time is, then I could see how little of a life I really have XD
anyway, osu! already counts the amount of time you keep the game open for on the main menu, so all the game will have to do is save that time and add it to a total time whenever you close the game.
The total play time could be displayed on the main menu where the run time already is (I was thinking measured in hours would be the best unit of time).
There could also be achievements for how long you play the game (if you go afk, the timer will stop until you a next active to stop people just leaving the game open to get the achievements)

I don't know anything about programming so I don't know if this is possible or not, but if would take a huge amount of time, then I wouldn't bother, there are better things being requested than my total play time meter
Oinari-sama
Duplicate? Similar? t/95049
Rei Hakurei
similar, unless this one mentions online play time;
Topic Starter
slithien

Oinari-sama wrote:

Duplicate? Similar? t/95049
yea, that's what I want. I didnt find anything close to mine when I searched for it. I'll close this topic and support that other thread :D
thanks! :D
... uh, I'm kinda new to the forums and I cant find out how to close it XD
Oinari-sama
No need to close it yourself. A mod will do it for you.

Use the other thread for now.
Kitsunemimi
Alternatively, there's a program out there called Xfire which tracks gameplay hours for a vast range of supported games, including osu!. It can also be used to chat with your friends, with an ingame overlay too (similar to Steam).
Apparently I have about 2600 hours logged on osu!, though I spent a decent amount of time just idling in chat/forgetting that I had it open, and then another portion of time where I had it not detect by Xfire to compensate.

Anyways, if you feel like tracking the amount of your life wasted on games, then Xfire might just be exactly what you want. The functionality of it isn't perfect, but it works. Or, you can try out that weird Evolve thing... but it's kinda gay