forum

[added] Total Time Online

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7,714
Topic Starter
giant panda
Possibly add a feature that calculates how many days or hours a user has spent in game playing osu! of every game type counting separately.
Archangel Tirael
To be honest, in my plan for today was to create this thread. I, too, now came up with this idea, but somewhat differently. I would hotoel to the total time spent online, and when connected to a solo Bancho summarized and placed in a player's profile information.

P.S. You missed a letter in the name of thread. :)
Azure_Kite
I don't really see any major need for this, and it's not as though time played = skill level or anything. I think it would only be useful as a 'personal interest' type thing, and you could just about use xfire for the time spent playing ALL modes.
Topic Starter
giant panda

Azure_Kite wrote:

I don't really see any major need for this, and it's not as though time played = skill level or anything. I think it would only be useful as a 'personal interest' type thing, and you could just about use xfire for the time spent playing ALL modes.
There are benefits however, it would make it easier to track multi-accounts and hackers. While I agree It's not anything majorly needed but for reference its nice to know how much time other players spend in-game playing osu! as well as tracking progress to determine an estimated time where your own skill will reach a certain level. Play count sometimes only determines how many times the retry button is pressed.
theowest
That's what I like about Steam, they count your gameplay hours. I'd love this feature.
Sakura

theowest wrote:

That's what I like about Steam, they count your gameplay hours. I'd this feature.
So does Xfire
theowest
I don't want to go that far.

There's already an "osu! has been running for timer", all this feature could do is add it all together.
Sakura
oh my bad, i thought this was another feature request, haha

Support!
Tanomoshii Nekojou
Yeah.... this is a BIG help for mapers.... SUPPORT!
Tsukimi Luna
Support~
Kluddio

pedobear420 wrote:

There are benefits however, it would make it easier to track multi-accounts and hackers.
Yes, that would be good to have and be able to see if someone hack (even tho not many does it)

I would want this because it's easyer to see if someone got a older acc (so called a multiaccer)
jemhuntr
buump~ I duplicated this thread, damn.

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

I don't even know if it's still possible to implement this now but... It would be nice if I could see how much time I've spent playing osu! already. Also, might be better if we could see an average time online daily/weekly.

If ever the current system didn't store the total online time of all users from the start, a yearly implementation could still be useful ^.^ which means that starting at 2013, all users' online time will be stored and displayed on his/her profile.
deadbeat
thread could use a better subject name i think
Kuro
+Support

I would like to see my total gameplay time, just like steam.
jemhuntr

deadbeat wrote:

use Total Time Online in Bancho or something.
deadbeat

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

use Total Time Online in Bancho or something.
yeah all right. it's more accurate than whats all ready in use >_<

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

Also, might be better if we could see an average time online daily/weekly.
don't think we need a average really. a total number would be enough
Andres-_old
Good idea so you will discover all the more vice osu!, hahahaha ...
N i k k i
I support it ( I made the same Request XD)
Syrus
+support
Ezekeial
So much support for this, I'm a massive time-whore, this is why I use steam, and wanted stream-support for Osu. Have a lot of my stars.
show more