forum

SENTIVE - rain drops

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Diasios
Checked your suggestions and decided to not fix anything due to personal preference, thanks anyway! :)
HeatKai
My reaction

When it's raining

[General]
  • Is that rain really from the mp3? so cool *-*
  1. Merp!
  2. Wondering maybe you should enable for that "Display epilepsy warning" ?
[Calm]
  1. 00:34:334 (1,2,3,4) - I don't really like the stacking here :/ might make it move somewhere? follow the song ~~ follow the rain drops flow~~~
  2. 01:04:810 (1,2,3,4) - ^
  3. 01:56:238 (4) - why don't you just make it at the middle of the line? so it looks like it's reflect for that circle (1)
  4. 02:05:762 (1) - move it lower a little bit. so it become straight
[Relaxing]
  • When I see the circle size, it's not that relaxing after all xD
  1. 01:42:429 () - don't want to add a circle here and the next 1/4?
  2. I don't really agree with this spacing
    1. 01:50:286 (1) - are you really going to put this circle so near? o.o it's quite confusing you know because just now got 1/4 with the same spacing as this.
    2. 01:54:096 (1) - ^
    3. 01:57:905 (1) - ^
    4. you can find more because it's nearby lol.
Topic Starter
Diasios

HeatKai wrote:

My reaction

When it's raining
lol, glad you liked it :)

[General]
  • Is that rain really from the mp3? so cool *-* yup, this song is beautiful.
  1. Merp! Merp!
  2. Wondering maybe you should enable for that "Display epilepsy warning" ? There are just 2 sb pulses in this map and these flashes aren't so bright, a warning isn't really necessary imo.
[Calm]
  1. 00:34:334 (1,2,3,4) - I don't really like the stacking here :/ might make it move somewhere? follow the song ~~ follow the rain drops flow~~~
    I want to keep using simmetry here, also a stack emphasize the piano.
  2. 01:04:810 (1,2,3,4) - ^ ^
  3. 01:56:238 (4) - why don't you just make it at the middle of the line? so it looks like it's reflect for that circle (1) Oh god this is hard to explain, I'll just put this.
  4. 02:05:762 (1) - move it lower a little bit. so it become straight Same as above, I'm following a specific geometry here.
[Relaxing]
  • When I see the circle size, it's not that relaxing after all xD lol maybe you're right but small circles fit such a relaxing song.
  1. 01:42:429 () - don't want to add a circle here and the next 1/4? I prefer following only the piano here, it also build up a bit of... uh, "tension" to the next part of the diff which is harder.
  2. I don't really agree with this spacing
    1. 01:50:286 (1) - are you really going to put this circle so near? o.o it's quite confusing you know because just now got 1/4 with the same spacing as this. I made these spacings on purpose. The first time I listened to this song all these "tunz" sounds reminded me of an heart beating, such a reduced spacing emphasize the feeling that the song gave me. Also I asked for some testplays and nobody missed here.
    2. 01:54:096 (1) - ^
    3. 01:57:905 (1) - ^
    4. you can find more because it's nearby lol.

Thanks for your mod! :)
Kei
  • [Calm]
  1. 00:19:096 (1) - How about adding a whistle at the end of this slider to follow the piano? sounds too empty now imo.
  2. 00:49:572 (1) - ^
  3. 01:09:572 (5) - ^ This note sounds empty, the piano can be heard perfectly for whistle so consider adding it.
  4. 01:21:000 (1) - ^ At the repeat.
  5. 02:11:476 (4) - ^ At the start. Sounds too empty for being the slider previous to the chorus.
  6. 02:35:286 (5) - And here too (already explained in [Relaxing]):3?

There's not much to say, only few whistle suggestions!
  • [Relaxing]

*I agree with HeatKai. Such small hitcircles aren't relaxing to play nor see imo. ;_; Consider using a bigger circle size. Clicking bigger circles is much more relaxing than smaller circles imo.
  1. 00:24:810 (3) - Isn't it an issue to place an slider out of the grid? I've never seen this, so that's why I'm wondering about it. :oops:
  2. 02:10:524 (4,5) - This pattern can flow slightly better if you flip horizontally 02:10:524 (4) and place it more like this. What changes is that (4)'s curve is more over 02:11:238 (5)'s start, that's why it feels a bit more natural imo. Looks different but plays differnt too o3o
  3. 02:12:191 (5) - I suggest you to add a nc here to emphasize the start of the chorus and change of melody. Fits with the piano imo, but it's up to you.
  4. 02:27:667 (6) - How about adding a whistle to follow the piano sound here at the repeat of this slider? (not sure if it's a piano sound but, yeah, you can understand me o3o)
  5. 02:35:286 (8) - Whistle at the start of this slider to follow the piano? this is the last piano sound you mapped so it would be good, I think. :)

Same with this difficulty. Nice job. I just don't like the small notes. They're too small and I personally find them annoying to play and watch instead of relaxing, but it may be just me..
I think I'll check this after you look at my mod. Really interesting map and song. The SB fits quite a lot and gives the mapset a good atmosphere.. but I repeat myself o3o what it ruins it a bit is the circle size of [Relaxing] (and again, imo).
Topic Starter
Diasios

Kei wrote:

• [Calm]
  1. 00:19:096 (1) - How about adding a whistle at the end of this slider to follow the piano? sounds too empty now imo.
  2. 00:49:572 (1) - ^
  3. 01:09:572 (5) - ^ This note sounds empty, the piano can be heard perfectly for whistle so consider adding it.
  4. 01:21:000 (1) - ^ At the repeat.
  5. 02:11:476 (4) - ^ At the start. Sounds too empty for being the slider previous to the chorus.
  6. 02:35:286 (5) - And here too (already explained in [Relaxing]):3?

There's not much to say, only few whistle suggestions!

Added more whistles to the whole diff.
  • [Relaxing]

*I agree with HeatKai. Such small hitcircles aren't relaxing to play nor see imo. ;_; Consider using a bigger circle size. Clicking bigger circles is much more relaxing than smaller circles imo. Circle size was 6 before LunarSakuya's mod, I increased it more because a lot of patterns are much more sexy with small circles, just look at 01:42:905~end with CS 6 and CS 7.
  1. 00:24:810 (3) - Isn't it an issue to place an slider out of the grid? I've never seen this, so that's why I'm wondering about it. :oops: This slider is perfectly visible while playing so yeah, it's fine.
  2. 02:10:524 (4,5) - This pattern can flow slightly better if you flip horizontally 02:10:524 (4) and place it more like this. What changes is that (4)'s curve is more over 02:11:238 (5)'s start, that's why it feels a bit more natural imo. Looks different but plays differnt too o3o
    I prefer keeping my "windmill" pattern, I like it more.
  3. 02:12:191 (5) - I suggest you to add a nc here to emphasize the start of the chorus and change of melody. Fits with the piano imo, but it's up to you. I was undecided here but in the end I decided not to add it, I don't like having a really short combo.
  4. 02:27:667 (6) - How about adding a whistle to follow the piano sound here at the repeat of this slider? (not sure if it's a piano sound but, yeah, you can understand me o3o) A whistle there sounds really weird to me, it's kinda forced imo.
  5. 02:35:286 (8) - Whistle at the start of this slider to follow the piano? this is the last piano sound you mapped so it would be good, I think. :) Added to keep a consistency with 01:33:381 (9).

Same with this difficulty. Nice job. I just don't like the small notes. They're too small and I personally find them annoying to play and watch instead of relaxing, but it may be just me..
I think I'll check this after you look at my mod. Really interesting map and song. The SB fits quite a lot and gives the mapset a good atmosphere.. but I repeat myself o3o what it ruins it a bit is the circle size of [Relaxing] (and again, imo).

Thanks for the mod! :D
Irreversible
this circle size + hard rock = love

lol confetti yay *O*

good luck ~
Topic Starter
Diasios
Thanks. :)
Miya
Hi :3/

General
  1. Offset is a bit late imo. I always got 15ms early when testplaying in editor. So i think -15ms is more better.
  2. Wow, what a big rain PNG. 1mb each. Here i have compress all the PNG from 1mb each to 280kb each. http://puu.sh/38Id7.zip
Normal
  1. 01:21:000 (1) - How about adding a whistle at this slider repeat? It will be more consistent and this part doesnt feel empty anymore.
  2. 02:11:476 (4) - Forgot a whistle at this slider repeat? You always do clap+whistle at previous rhythm, but not on this one ><
Hard
  1. AR +1 for more better readability? I find this diff is more enjoyable with AR 7 too.
  2. 00:24:810 (3) - You may want to move this slider a bit to right since its almost touch the border screen and key overlay in 4:3 ratio. >
That'a all i think ><
Call me back :3
Topic Starter
Diasios

Miya wrote:

Hi :3/

General
  1. Offset is a bit late imo. I always got 15ms early when testplaying in editor. So i think -15ms is more better. -15ms is a bit too much imo, I'm going to ask some more timing checks since I'm not 100% sure about it.
  2. Wow, what a big rain PNG. 1mb each. Here i have compress all the PNG from 1mb each to 280kb each. http://puu.sh/38Id7.zip Thanks! :)
Normal
  1. 01:21:000 (1) - How about adding a whistle at this slider repeat? It will be more consistent and this part doesnt feel empty anymore. This part is really calm and I don't like a whistle there, I prefer to keep adding a whistle every 4 white ticks.
  2. 02:11:476 (4) - Forgot a whistle at this slider repeat? You always do clap+whistle at previous rhythm, but not on this one >< Made this on purpose, rhythm is different here and I used a different hitsounds pattern.
Hard
  1. AR +1 for more better readability? I find this diff is more enjoyable with AR 7 too. With such a low BPM AR 7 doesn't fit at all imo.
  2. 00:24:810 (3) - You may want to move this slider a bit to right since its almost touch the border screen and key overlay in 4:3 ratio. Already suggested but I don't want to break spacing consistencies, even if this slider overlaps key overlay you can still see/play this slider without problems.
That'a all i think ><
Call me back :3
Thaaanks! \:D/
Andrea
Timing check as requested in-game.

BPM: 63,00 - Offset: 11.485 (+8 from your current one - Remember to resnap all notes, green lines, etc.)

I hope this can help you, good luck!
Topic Starter
Diasios
Much better, thanks!
Miya
I still feel the offset is toooo late. Orz, why +8? It makes the offset much late :(
Urgh idk, this timing is weird. But i feel you need -5 for the best offset.
lolcubes
I am getting offset 11470. Try that one I think it's really good. (tested with OD8 + doubletime, was getting SS almost, OD8+DT is kinda hard haha, but yeah seems about right to me)

Sorry for being so late, I actually forgot about this for a moment. ;_;
Topic Starter
Diasios
Alright, thanks! :)
Miya
Ok, the timing is a lot better now. I told you the offset is too late :P
Bubbled~

Good luck~ :3
Faust
Talked about the circle size, and it was decided that it'd be kept at CS7.

Top grade storyboard at that. Ranked.
vipto
Awesome!!!
More slow songs!!!
Andrea
Great job :D
Topic Starter
Diasios
Flask

xxheroxx wrote:

ahaha xD
Kei