forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pizzicato
all of my hypes >w<

MLGnom wrote:

So Sakuya is back as playable character? (according to fifth screenshot and google translate). Some people might be happy about this. :3
i'm not :(
no sanae? D:
Petya_old
From what people translated the story is something like this:

Some unknown power has corrupted and trying take control over Reimu's yin yang orbs, Marisa's hakkero and Sakuya's knives. (and of course the usual high youkai activity in the area)

The shottypes will be the characters abandoning their main weapon or trying to use the corrupted weapons resulting in things like Marisa's bomb will be Dark Spark (as seen on the screenshot)

Zun also said something like the game will be retro mixed with neo and that it's simple danmaku with no scoring gimmicks.

If this means that the game will be EoSD like than I probably won't have that much fun with the game but we'll see.

Oh and Zun apparently doubled the resolution of the game engine to 1280x960 but it still runs in a 640x480 window by default.
Yoishi
No Youmu ;_;
can't wait for the demo

Blog Translation
The game to be released on 5/26 is the following.

Touhou Project 14
The playable demo for "Touhou Kishinjou ~ Double Dealing Character" will be released. As usual, it'll be playable up to stage 3.

The theme I went for this time was "Neither novel or retro, an ageless neo-retro danmaku shooter". So basically it's the usual where I went for a simple to enjoy game, but I tried removing a lot of the complicated game mechanics.

The general synopsis is as follows:

Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya's individual weapons have suddenly started acting on their own. On top of that, the Youkai who are usually quiet and subdued have suddenly start wreaking havoc. Will the three follow the weapons or abandon them to fight their own battle?

And that's the lowdown of the story. Anyway, the three playable characters will be Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya.

*Screenshots are a work in progress and are liable to change at any time.

Wow, time flies by! This is the 14 installment in the main line of games, though I guess it's like 21 if we include the side-games as well.

This time, I've doubled the resolution of the game. However, I haven't increased the game window size. That being said, players can continue playing with the familiar window size but with higher game resolution. If you own a respectable computer, you should be able to play at 1280x960.

The disk will cost 300 yen.
If you are attending Reitaisai, please feel free to drop by the "Shanghai Alice Gakuendan" booth.

Oh, and if you're wondering the other title will be available at the Twilight Frontier's booth.
Touhou Project 13.5
"Touhou Shinkirou ~ Hopeless Masquerade"

But of course, do drop by my booth as well!

[end of translation]
Coro
I'm also kinda sad that Youmu's not playable, but then again she wasn't really a regular.
Looking forward to Shinkirou full version~
Petya_old
Tasofro tweeted that they'll start revealing the characters starting tomorrow.

Don't know if it was to make people stop asking or was actually serious.
Dai
Zerostarry
Argh I was just about to post that >:
Shirokami Misato
It feels so bad not to be able to buy both 13.5 and 14
If I had the money I'd buy all of the copies for myself, just to make a pillow with them and hug 'em all at the same time.
Petya_old
The next revealed character:
SPOILER

Futo's stage:
Pizzicato
murasa pls make it
Zerostarry
Murasa is in the backgrounds in one of the stages so probably not
Pizzicato
oh god no
Dai
Miko is so badass
Petya_old
That's one evil overlord cape she's got there:
Pizzicato
dat cape
so sexy!
Zerostarry
the glorious crown prince is here.

EDIT: Nitori confirmed

Petya_old
What....
In other words: I was 100% sure Sanae, Kanako or Suwako is next.

It will be hard to surpass this surprise.
Pizzicato
suwako cant fly

sanae and suwako in bg

it's kanako.
MLGnom
Kanako also in bg. (Her head is in corner). But Nitori was a little unexpected. :3c
Pizzicato
that's her in a charge meter. buuut who knows.
(i still have hope for okuu)
Petya_old
They say Nitori will haved some kind of ammo and if it runs out you can't use specials.

So if we assume background characters are not playable Sanae, Suwako, Kanako, Aya and the Aki sisters are out. (Hina and Momiji is missing)

Maybe the underground is the next level featuring SA characters with a playable Orin or Okuu.
Pizzicato

Petya wrote:

They say Nitori will haved some kind of ammo and if it runs out you can't use specials.

So if we assume background characters are not playable Sanae, Suwako, Kanako, Aya and the Aki sisters are out. (Hina and Momiji is missing)

Maybe the underground is the next level featuring SA characters with a playable Orin or Okuu.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
PLEASE

though they really need a slot for the moriya
Zerostarry
first legit 1cc aaaa

Pizzicato

koishi? really?
Petya_old
Good job on the 1cc.

Anyway it looks like only the boss character(and maybe midboss) is not revealed yet and of course they won't show her.
Zerostarry
From shrinemaiden

The Imaginary Personality - Koishi Komeiji

She couldn't remember a thing.
Before she knew it, she had joined the crowd.
No one noticed her presence.
Living her life day in and day out without any dreams or hopes.
But these unusual events caused her to throw down the gauntlet,
creating just a tiny change in her daily life.

Special Skill: Super Reflexes
When the command for heavy melee attacks, heavy projectile attacks and special moves are entered, the move is "set" and will activate will come out automatically when certain conditions are fulfilled such as enemy placement or passage of time. One of each of the three attacks can be set at a time, and an icon will indicate when a move is prepared.

Last Word: Brambly Rose Garden
Pulls the opponent into a storm of rose danmaku.
The roses are unblockable and the suction of the attack
will slowly draw them in.
If performed within a certain distance,
it will forcefully submerge enemies in a sea of roses.

By the way, Tasofro's Twitter account said she is the last (non-boss) character.

And that's it, no more characters, not bad i guess, these 2 last are pretty random
Koishi is pretty cute in that art
Dai

Princess wrote:

By the way, Tasofro's Twitter account said she is the last (non-boss) character.
Explain non-boss!
MLGnom

Dai wrote:

Princess wrote:

Explain non-boss!
Playable character?
Petya_old
Non-boss as in the characters that are available at the start and boss characters are characters like Iku and Tenshi in swr.

And if I remember right you couldn't play as Iku and Tenshi until you beat story mode in swr so they don't want spoil characters so you can be surprised when you reach them in story mode.
Dai
so there is a possibility of a new character

oh well dunno
MLGnom
It was same with Suwako and Okuu in Hisoutensoku.

So if there is Koishi so maybe chance for Flandre? I haven't seen her anywhere in background (especially with Remilia in Hakurei Shrine bg)
Dai
I found this on /jp/
Pizzicato

Dai wrote:

I found this on /jp/
is it really mamizou?

also holy fuck that leak
Zerostarry
eugh not another old hag :<
Pizzicato
we already got 3 lolis from this game
Moriya Suwako
Oh wow Koishi is a playable character in HM :o
Petya_old
yeah it turns out that facebook post was made back in january but no one listened to him.

The guy looked through the first demo's data in a hex editor and Tasofro left the name strings of all the characters in the code and it has Mamizou in there too and an empty string where the final boss should be (probably the name wasn't finalized back then).
MLGnom
Nobody said that they haven't added any more characters after demo release. D:
Sc_Flandre
:D !
Icyteru
26th may 2013 release 13.5
show more