forum

[CANCELLED] osu! Team Tournament Series!(4v4)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Azer

Kingkevin30 wrote:

is this Tournament, Osu! Standard Only?
Yes.

Yuugo wrote:

About the point system, why is losing maps rewarded with points?
There's still some debate about whether our system is good or not but the reason for a lost map giving that many points is because we don't want a team that does their scrims automaticly have a big advantage over another (slightly better) team that doesn't. If losing your matches 3-0 didn't award you anything at all, you would be very far behind and would rely on scrims to try to keep up. We might tweak the numbers a bit more in that sense.

Yuugo wrote:

Can teams battle the same team 5 times for all their scrims or do those have to be distinct teams for every scrim
If both teams are okay with it, I don't see why not. I don't encourage it though because then you'll be unfamiliar with loads of teams and when it comes to your match day with them you won't know each member's strong point and weakness.

laport wrote:

I would put at least two weeks here, because is can be hard to have all 4 players at the same time connected and warmed up on a certain time and date. the odds of all teams being able to play within 1 weeks doubles if you allow teams to have as much as 8 members, though I believe a team of 10 would be ideal.
I honestly don't think a 8 man roster is required for each team honestly.. it would only make things more complicated than they should be. Although for the 2 week thing, it could be a possibility if more teams encounter that problem.

Lastly, don't forget to post here once any of you get a full team up! We only have like 2 and a half teams now but the popularity of this thread hints me we should have more.
TRIYP
This seems like it would be loads of fun. I'll see if I can get a team together. :D
ThisManzzz
I'm interested, already have my team. When do you think the tournament will take place, and at what time?
Topic Starter
Azer

ThisManzzz wrote:

I'm interested, already have my team. When do you think the tournament will take place, and at what time?
Probably after around 2 months of matches, which will start soon enough.
Navi
I feel 2v2 would be a lot easier to organise, depending on the popularity, OWC was easy because of the wide range of players, if this catches attention then I guess 4v4 would be okay, but 2v2 sounds much better.
Also would this be streamed? like in OWC style? tis would be cool :D
Topic Starter
Azer

Navi wrote:

I feel 2v2 would be a lot easier to organise, depending on the popularity, OWC was easy because of the wide range of players, if this catches attention then I guess 4v4 would be okay, but 2v2 sounds much better.
Also would this be streamed? like in OWC style? tis would be cool :D
2v2 opens the option of carrying and we don't really want that.
And the thing about streaming OWC style is we need to create 8 accounts and have 8 clients open, which is against the rules unless peppy gives us permission.
We'll see what we can do about it, but for now streaming will remain a solo player view.
Navi
Fair enough, well I think if you can talk to peppy about this or some kinder admin or w/e u might get a chance to make 7/8 other accounts.
TRIYP
Team Name: Team My Kimchi Dim Sums All Over You
Captain:
TRIYP
Members:
Acecrackers
Orthos
CPTW
Average Team Rank: 11,884
Guess I'm the first one to post my team info. xD
Topic Starter
Azer
:D
benguin
sounds interesting. I have some people in mind to ask if they want to participate with me as a team so I'll give an update later.
Topic Starter
Azer
sounds good.
a newbie
Not sure when this is kicking off but, if anyone needs an extra member feel free to hit me up.
Macacito
Team Name: cocobest
Captain:
me
Members:
sergioserg
osama
nectarine
Average Team Rank: idk
go
Mara

Azer wrote:

And the thing about streaming OWC style is we need to create 8 accounts and have 8 clients open, which is against the rules unless peppy gives us permission.
We'll see what we can do about it, but for now streaming will remain a solo player view.
There is actually a spectator client you can use. :)

Might join, but I need to find mates first.
[ -Neon- ]
this sounds cool, im looking for a team, im not a pro tough :(
Topic Starter
Azer
woo. was about to call this a failed project since we only had like 4 or 5 teams but I'm glad there's still attention to this. :D
Mara
Karhukopla

Captain
Mara (#2,658)

Players
Souko (#1,060)
Mukku (#962)
Juzaa (#1,093)
Macacito
mara how about the tag2 tournament? no? its ok
Mara
Fuck that. 8-)
Macacito
no fuck you
ThisManzzz
What about a "highest rank cap"? I mean, I don't really mind higher ranks (e.g 12, 48, 71, etc - randomly taken), but it would be literally impossible for some teams to even compete fairly. What about mods? Special conditions - Score, Accuracy, etc.?
Macacito
pu flashlight plz
Macacito
put
Yousoro
Uwaahh
This sounds fun but I sadly don't have anyone to team up with..
Would anyone like to team up with mee~?
:)
Topic Starter
Azer

ThisManzzz wrote:

What about a "highest rank cap"? I mean, I don't really mind higher ranks (e.g 12, 48, 71, etc - randomly taken), but it would be literally impossible for some teams to even compete fairly. What about mods? Special conditions - Score, Accuracy, etc.?
Free mods will be on.
Depending on how many total teams there are there shouldn't be that much of a skill gap between teams.
Special conditions? not really, just score.

Me and Starzd might touch up a few things if needed.
mateo690

Yikari wrote:

Uwaahh
If you want I can join to your team. :D
Splash
lol he said fuck
Scarlet Devil_old_1

Yikari wrote:

Uwaahh

I can join your team if you want :D
Yousoro

mateo690 wrote:

If you want I can join to your team. :D
Sure thang :D

Nyanderson-kun wrote:

I can join your team if you want :D
Yay, 2 people!
mateo690
Great. :) We need one more player. I add you two to friends list, and i'll pm you in game. ^^
Yousoro
I added you both too ^^
Although I dunno how we can find our last player :o
Tshemmp
Team name:
Epileptic Spin

Captain:
Tshemmp (#1135)

Players:
Ezoda (#6176)
HaQu (#1344)
SaD_Olution (#1373)
Vmx
Team name:
Team Almost Latvia

Captain:
LoGo (#62)

Players:
Forseen (#9)
nomen (#647)
Vmx (#238)
mateo690

Yikari wrote:

I added you both too ^^
Although I dunno how we can find our last player :o
Me too. Maybe I'll try ask someone. ;)
Yousoro
Team name:
The Dream Team

Captain:
Yikari

Players:
mateo690
Nyanderson-kun
WareVolf

Average Team Rank:
Thatgooey
I'll play if anyone needs someone on their team. ~1100 rank
-Ryosuke
French baguette

Captain :

-Kamui-

Players :
shARPII
Demmon
Smooty

Average Baguette Rank : 6034
Topic Starter
Azer
Renforcer des stéréotypes c'est drôle
fartownik
Team name: dog is very big

Captain: fartownik

Player1: lovu
Player2: Michi
Player3: AmaiHachimitsu

Av. pp: 220
The Muffin Man
I'm interested! But, alas, I don't have any proper friends on osu!. If anyone needs an extra player, I'm definitely available.
Rank around #18,500 but I've gone up considerably recently, so it may change for better or worse.

EDIT: Speaking of, I just went up another 100 300 ranks xD
show more