forum

Poll 15: Would you buy an osu! graphics tablet?

posted
Total Posts

Would you buy an osu! branded graphics tablet?

Yes
74.17%
No
25.83%
Total votes: 240
Polling ended
show more
cirno-_old

Kaoru wrote:

Seeing as I already have a tablet, I probably wouldn't buy one. Unless there were advantages of one over the other. Only then would i reconsider.
This. I would have if this was available when I bought a tablet to replace mouse for Osu! but now it's too late for me.

And now I'm used to all the advantages the wacom bamboo has to offer like sensitivity in photoshop. I don't think I could get used to something different.

I still think it's totally cool and would sell well.
H_Hitachiin
This would be awesome but then again, I play CTB O.O
Yap
from my perspective, majority of people wont fond of that for the cause of the pen with battery :lol: though a specific log of Osu! seem to be splendid :3
XenoWarrior

peppy wrote:

I have been in contact with a tablet manufacturer, and it would seem it may be possible to make osu!-branded tablet. It would be an 8x5" tablet with a custom osu! design, and I'd be aiming to sell it for the cheapest feasibly possible (currently looking to be about $35-40 + shipping). I have already tested one and the performance is on-par with cheaper wacom tablets I have used, with the only major difference being a battery operated pen. After a week of use I haven't seen this as a problem, both considering weight (single AAA battery) and battery life (4,000 hours continuous use). Spare nibs would also be included for the hardcore players.

The biggest issue is that in order to get them at such a cheap price, I will need to order in bulk. I am tentative to take up such an investment unless I know there are enough people that would be interested in buying one of these devices, so please use this thread to let me know. If possible, share it with others that you think would be interested, too!

Keep in mind this would likely be the cheapest tablet you can buy in many regions of the world, even after shipping. That is my aim, anyway.
YES! I would actually buy one of those! This is a great idea!
LKs
hmm i'm too late to vote an yes

I'm interested in this plan since my wacom tablet is pratically broken after years of use. and it's the high price that hinders me from buying a new one.

will keep an eye on how is this going
Ekaru
Hmm... To be completely, 100% honest, I'd need an opinion from a pro player who tried it out before I would consider going through the hassle of buying one (I would likely have to use a prepaid Visa card, which requires going through the "joys" of downtown to get ATM).
iL7
Yes :)
420Guy
Yeah, cause it's more fun to play with one extra osu! tablet and i want to support that game. (:
mikepaps
Sounds cool id pick one up :D
Sorun
I'm thinking that the OWC physical prize is the tablets and when they are given out to the winners is when ppy will introduce them. Wishful thinking! I would be kind of sad though since I already spent most of my money on holiday shopping and wouldn't have much to spare till january.
Maneuver
Need beta testing from all range of players who use tablet and those who don't use. From Top tablet player to semi-pro player to beginner, from hovering and from touching to tapping. Most beginner wouldn't even know tablet exist if din see other players use or someone tells them.

Battery or no battery, need to know if it is much more easier to control and move for long hours and more comfy than normal tablet.

Btw, What is the length of lift-off detection for the pen and tablet before it can't detect ? and What is the battery for ?
JappyBabes
Has any progress been made on this? Like custom text engraving/printing on the tablet, customizable lpi (if that's even possible), different pens etc?
yurunneram
I would SO want 1!!! I've been trying to get a cheap tablet instead of a mouse to play Osu! and for Digital art purposes
vipto
without any thought!
For mainly 3 reasons:

1. For the heck of it
2. For supporting Osu!
3. For having a not-derping tablet :3
Rygar_the_Thunder
Yes, I would. o3o
Far East
Seems interesting ;P So yes.
Mizuki Kirimiya
Since I only use my current Bamboo Splash for Osu!, if something were to happen to it, this would be a cheap replacement that gives the same performance. I would certainly do such a thing.
jyu
Depends on the quality :>
Saturnalize
Question : When does it release? Never heard any progress.
Ruirize
Man a progress update on this would be awesome.
Ameko
Sure :3
Maneuver
any conclusion reached ?
OEvil
Hell Yes
:D :D :D
ieb
Yes!! :)
Effy
Why not o3o
Chouxe
1. Send a prototype to Cookiezi
2. He posts a video of him playing with it
3. Everyone ditches his/her intuos and bamboos
Dekonare

Chouxe wrote:

OzzyOzrock
how i never see'd thised
CPTW
Personally I would say no since I got my Bamboo unless it breaks then yes!

If I was still using mouse then sure since it's made for osu! it would make the game more immersive like other games with special controllers. Probably most appealing to newer players who want to go tablet. Hope all goes well if it's produced.
smoogipoo
As long as the quality is not at all (much?) less than Bamboo Pen, I'd definitely buy it.
theowest
It better the survive brutal use from osu!
Bamboo tablets can easily get scratchy and dull. Their pen isn't the best.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

Chouxe wrote:

YES
Maneuver

Chouxe wrote:

good idea =D
Primula_old
I already use an Intuos4 but if I didn't, I'd probably buy an Osu one if it included the ability to change screen mapping and also included spare tips (or more resilient tips like the ones with the soft bit on the end.. those never seem to wear down).
Antero
i would buy it if the pen's sensor was very very close to the pen's tip, unlike bamboo's pens where the sensor is like an inch up the pen
Wishy
Because of how my stupid country works I think unless this is under 25 dollars it's gonna be more expensive than a Wacom.

Just wanted to point out Argentina is fucking weird.
SESIN
yes please.
Not even banned
Mints
Seems like a very good offer, would buy it if I didn't alrdy have one ~.~
Bittersweet
I think vinyl stickers to use on the wacon tablets (and wherever the person wants) would be better than that.
show more