forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Darksonic
Interesting.
Hanyuu
Who is selecting beatmaps in the first stages of the tournament? since it is best of 3 and mod play is allowed one captain could chose 2 songs

in what order?
Cyclohexane
FR Team:
-Kanna
-Kanna
-Kanna
-Kanna
Back-ups:
-Kanna
Bass
Wow Color you made me think that Sync posted.
Derekku
I'll captain the USA team. Just putting that out there. :v

No offense to past captains but we need to get our shit together. :p

EDIT: Please see this post: p/1879216
kriers
reserving spot.

I'll be Norway captain this year too, I guess
thelewa
I'm going to be the captain of the Finnish team, prepare for some delicious drama~
XPJ38
For this tournament, please, make sure that there is a ranking chart frequently updated. It is not pleasant to search through the posts to see who won a week ago :?
Topic Starter
Loctav
@Hanyuu YOu should read the OP. Apparantly, we don't have a mapset selector, yet :P

And srsly. Stop spamming. I don't feel like wiping out this thread every time. It's easier for me to restrict your posting privileges in this forums.
Macacito
isn't Hidden an inappropriate mod?
Aqo
[Edit] Talked to farto; gonna do my best on helping with the map selection process. I have a lot of map lists already, gonna sort out and provide the best for everyone to enjoy.
Topic Starter
Loctav
significantly shortened registration duration.
-GN
"» #1 Sign-ups (~15th Nov. 2012 UTC):

3. The sign-up time lasts from the day of 25th October to 15th December 2012, 23:59 UTC."
I think you missed something.

Also, mandatory NORWAY #1!! cheer here :D
Topic Starter
Loctav

-GN wrote:

"» #1 Sign-ups (~15th Nov. 2012 UTC):

3. The sign-up time lasts from the day of 25th October to 15th December 2012, 23:59 UTC."
I think you missed something.
lol thanks, fixed it.
GladiOol
Nothing to see here
laport
so as gladi was implying under a sheet of sarcasm he will be dutch captain for OWC 2013
Topic Starter
Loctav
Post an application then. Not a troll placeholder.
Emaal
GladiOol send me this over FB.

--

So, I posted that I wanted to be captain of the dutch team.
I posted I want 8 players in my team because the last 2 years we had problems with getting enough players.
I post that when bad maps appear, I'll leave, but the team won't

And I ended up with saying HD might give a few problems, but I'm okay with that.

Why on earth would and admin who reads this be so butthurt that he edits my posts, then delete my posts and then ban my posting privileges.
Really? I just want to know why. I'm not even being rude or anything.

--

NL true owc #2 champions!

Gladi edit: Loctav, if you don't like my posts contact me in-game or PM. Don't EDIT and DELETE my posts and then BAN me for YOUR actions.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Limit stays on 6. I am not butthurt. Learn to post properly. If he's willed to post proper, I revoke removing his posting privileges. I don't accept spamming here and it results in what you've seen. I warned everyone on first page already.
Emaal

Loctav wrote:

Limit stays on 6. I am not butthurt. Learn to post properly. If he's willed to post proper, I revoke removing his posting privileges. I don't accept spamming here and it results in what you've seen. I warned everyone on first page already.
He posted properly. He's sorry if it mad you mad in any way, but the fact do is that NL played a few rounds with 3 players because of the problem they had with getting enough. Why can't they just have 8?

Again, Gladi wants his posting rights back etc. so he can discuss this with you in a normal matter/way. There's no need to ban him for 2 hours just because you don't agree with him.
xsrsbsns
Any chance of including a losers' bracket for this? ie. double eliminations format

It'll take a lot more time on scheduling though..
Topic Starter
Loctav
Sorry if it accidently went under the deleted posts. Feel free to ask again.
Mythol
I'll be captain for team Canada
I already have a good idea of who will be in the team, but if you think you have a chance please PM me in-game~
also spread the word if you can.. because I don't have time to PM everyone ;_;
Tanzklaue
just allow 8 players. there is really no reason not to do it.
it makes it easier to get dates to play, the teams can use their players more tactical ("ah streammap? jumpy, go out, streamy, go in"), and the more people are playing the more fun it is to watch and participate. and, of course, it's easier to get someone else to play if some players can't play on the given date.

if you look at professional tournaments, then you will see that most of the time, the bank of substitutes is often even bigger than the team on the field, for the same reasons.
Lance
IT BEGINS
Renard_old

Lance wrote:

IT BEGINS
NO PLZ NOOO DX
fabriciorby
HEUHEUHU BR ES#1
let's go
zozozofun
Dutch team is ready :P
Vish024
Y'know I really wouldn't mind an Australian team seeing as there have been 2 OWCs and no Australian team in either of them despite the fact that the game's creator is Australianagawognwqngogjow3nv.

Meh, let's hope Jappy finds out about this and tries to organise something.
Mercurial
Aqo
Guys you should throw some discussion about whether scores or accuracy matter more because scores give really random results that are unrelated to play quality especially with today's maps. Maybe tourney would be better off with win-by-acc and not win-by-score..?
thelewa
The scoring has been win-by-score in the past tournaments so I don't really see a reason to change it
XPJ38
Being able to FC a map / get a good score on it at all times is a quality required to play the game, especially in multi. It shows how good you have become on the map. So no, we should keep the win-by-score system.

Mercurial wrote:

Ah ah, this match :lol:
Aqo

XPJ38 wrote:

Being able to FC a map / get a good score on it at all times is a quality required to play the game, especially in multi. It shows how good you have become on the map.
I beg to disagree. It's possible to play intentionally in a way that mis-plays maps correctly and yet has a much higher, more reliable chance to combo consistently on maps (at the loss of accuracy). Especially in multi, if you play for a score win, it's in fact better to play like that instead of playing correctly because you can always get random miss in the middle of the map and have the entire score ruined and get random'd out if you play legit. There are more than enough cases where one player has both higher acc and less miss than another yet less score from another due to combo, and it feels really unfair if the latter gets the win when it's clear the first one played better.

thelewa wrote:

The scoring has been win-by-score in the past tournaments so I don't really see a reason to change it
Reason would be: to improve and make progress instead of getting stuck with sub-optimal decisions from the past. Focusing on accuracy and miss instead of combo would improve the quality of plays.

Either way, would be nice if some discussion was made on this before a decision was met; even if you just stick with scores in the end.
silmarilen
in single player score matters less because you can replay a map 500 times, in mp you can only play a map once so your score shows how good you are at the map. especially in an OWC you are pretty much expected to fc it anyway.
but please dont turn this into a gameplay and rankings topic.
thelewa
Loctav is going to clean up the thread anyway, so just go wild.
Aqo

silmarilen wrote:

especially in an OWC you are pretty much expected to fc it anyway.
in reality most people won't fc; unless we pick very ridiculously easy maps. that's why I'm bringing this up. this affects the map picking process heavily
thelewa
Most of the maps picked for OWC are going to be normal Insanes, with slightly increasing difficulty for each round. I don't remember what maps were played in last year's Finals, though.

edit: I just checked the last thread, you should use it for advice too. The maps for the Finals were on the level of Chousai Kenbo Sengen and F.I, so not really hard at all. They were basically all the tiebreakers and a few extra maps.
XPJ38
Aqo, your point of view makes sense (even if you forgot to mention all the other cases in multi where the winner also gets the best acc), but OWC must reflect osu! logic: the better your score is, the higher you are in the rankings. That's all. It IS sometimes unfair, but it's the way it goes. osu! is not an accuracy-centered game.
nazal99x
Is that tournament
for std or all mode ?
show more