forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loctav
日本語 | 中文 | 한국어

Title Holder: Korea

Welcome to the official osu! World Cup #3.

This is Loctav I proudly present you the thread of the long awaited sequel of the OWC, the osu! World Cup 2013. We changed some things and you might should revise the whole ruleset to make sure you realized all significant changes (as in mappool structure changes).

» Tournament schedule

As more the tournament proceeds as more the dates may change and/or get more specific.

1. Group Stage 1-1: 23-25 Nov (complete)
  2. Group Stage 1-2: 28 Nov - 2 Dec (complete)
  3. Group Stage 1-3: 7-9 Dec (complete)
  4. Round of 16: 14-16 Dec (complete)
  5. Quarter-Finals: 4-6 Jan 2013 (complete)
  6. Semi-Finals: 11-13 Jan 2013 (complete)
  7. Finals + 3rd place match: 18-20 Jan 2013

» Official tournament rules

» #1 Sign-ups (CLOSED):

Click me!
1. The country will be represented by the captain, which will choose its teammates. Basic English language knowledge is required from the person of captain.
 1-1. Exceptions require tournament management's approval.
2. To sign up, you need at least 4 players in the team. You can though sign-up with additional 4 players. To sign-up, send a forum PM to tournament management or post into this thread with all team members you want to register and the time zone your team is living in.
3. The sign-up time lasts from the day of 25th October to 15th November 2012, 23:59 UTC.
4. The sign-ups automatically stop after reaching 32 participants.
5. If there's more attention to the tournament than we expect, the number of participants might be raised.
6. No more team than one team from each country can sign-up to the tournament.
7. All of the team players' flag in the profile must be the same as their country's. However, it can be got around in special cases but should stay as exception. It requires approval by tournament management.

» #2 Stage instructions:

Click me!
1. We are looking for 32 teams from 32 countries. If there are less participants than we want, the tournament will be modeled according to the reached number.
2. In the first stage (Group Stage), the teams will be divided into 8 groups of 4 team in each one.
3. All the teams from each group will face each other.
4. Rankings of each group are determined by sorting the statistics of each team in followed priority:

1. More matches won.
 2. Have higher {(the number of maps won) - (the number of maps defeated)}.
 3. More maps won.
 4. Have higher ∑{(total score difference) / (maximum score)}.
 5. Winner of the rematch.

5. Following stages are Knock-Out Stages. This means that the winner ascends to the next stage and the losing team gets kicked out of the tournament.
6. In Group Stage, you need to win 4 maps to win a match. In Round of 16 and Quarter-finals, you need to win 5 maps to win a match. In Semi-finals and Finals, you need to win 6 maps to with a match.

» #3 Match instructions:

Click me!
1. 15 minutes before the match, the tournament management must contact each captain and confirm the ready to play. The management creates the match and invites the captains.
2. During the match, there must be 8 players on the server hosted by one of the captains, 4 players from each team.
3. Captain of the winning team must provide screenshots of all of the map results and the Multiplayer History link. These must be sent to to fartownik or Loctav via forum PM. If any of the captains won't do it, the match will be nullified and a rematch will be needed.
4. Each round, the staff will announce the list of beatmaps (= mappool), from which the captains will be able to choose. These beatmaps are seperated into 5 brackets: NoMod, Hidden, HardRock, DoubleTime and Tiebreaker.
5. Alternately each captain selects a map out of the mappool. Captains should agree to each other who will select the first map. If no agreement can't be reached, blue team starts selecting.
 5-1. The captains can select maps out of the NoMod bracket unlimited.
 5-2. Selection out of mod-specific brackets is limited. Each captain can only select one map from each mod-restricted bracket during match. So each team can pick 1 HardRock, 1 Hidden and 1 DoubleTime map during match.
 5-3. In case of tie, the tiebreaker map must be played.
6. The settings of the multiplayer room will be: osu! standard mode, "Team vs" mode and win condition: score.
7. You are free to set 'No Video' mod. Also, you are free to use the Funspoiler options.
8. The country with best total score on the map wins.
9. The teams can exchange only one player per map during matches.

» #4 Other rules:

Click me!
1. If a map ends in a tie, the map will be nullified.
2. If one of players gets disconnected, the player is considered as having left the match on his own.
 2-1. The game can be nullified, if the opponent team captain agrees to a re-play.
 2-2. If server is too unstable to continue the match, tournament management can postpone the match.
3. If less than 4 players arrived until the time that the match should start, the match can be postponed maximum 20 minutes.
 3-1. Whole match can be postponed by tournament management, if both teams lack of players.
4. Lags can't be a reason for nullification of game.
5. When a match gets postponed too frequent, tournament manangement can declare the opponent team wins by default.
 5-1. In Group stage, 'Win by default' will be considered as win by 3:0, +3.5 score difference ratio.
6. 3 vs 3 match is available only in the Group stage if no more than 3 players in one of two teams can be ready for the match.
 6-1. Captains of both teams should agree and permission of tournament manager is needed.
 6-2. The manager can disqualify a team if the team abuses 3 vs 3 match.
7. Unexpected incidences that needs decision of staff and isn't specified in this ruleset during the tournament, the decision of tournament management is final.
8. Any form of non-fair behaviour (such as cheating, insulting other players, racism) or disturbance in the tournament's progress will be punished with an immediate banishment of the player/the team from the tournament.
 8-1. Banned player won't be allowed to participate the next osu! World Cup.
9. Prospective and retrospective complaints about map selection or progress of this tournament will have no use and will be ignored. Suggestions are appreciated.
10. If the manager is absent when decisions from the manager are needed, vice-manager will take over the job temporarily.
11. Any modification of this rules will be notified.

» Prizes

Thanks a lot to peppy for sponsoring these prizes.

#1 Place: 6 months of supporter tag, a unique profile badge and a T-Shirt for every member of the roster.
#2 Place: 4 months of supporter tag.
#3 Place: 2 months of supporter tag.

» Participants

(Captains are underlined.)

Argentina: Metro, Darksonic, Glazbom, Fabi, Hernan, Salvage, RocknRolla, druidxd
Australia: JappyBabes, TimmyTimTims, kamiyo-sama, flow, Evanlet, ampzz, Copter-kun, LaVolpe024
Brazil: fabriciorby, Blue Dragon, Caco Roth, antsu, Les Discrets, NinjaX1, Velusk, Ghost Princess
Canada: YodaSnipe, Mythol, mochi, allas, Glass, Layne, Satonaka, yoshh
China: SunnyMario, wobeinimacao, N a n o, GGBY, XSH, Sprosive, Tachibana Isana, Sora
Finland: thelewa, Regnall, Valentiino, Lunati, F m L, ethox, Mukku
France: Kanna, Elysion, Musty, _LRJ_, -Kamui-, Kynan383, Shiro, XPJ38
Germany: DoKoLP, Dustice, Michi, ShadowSoul, CookEasy, Lelouch, Dukambe, Matina
Hong Kong: K47, henry04213, AmamiyaYuko, GaryRock123, hoho93411, Hinex, lynnceI, Black Box
Indonesia: WVS, Rasyad95, Frizz, Gatyaa, Hakeru Prismriver, Niva, eru, pacmanmania
Italy lesslunatic, Chewin, Jordan, Maddy, Revy, Leader, Nemis, Sanji
Japan: rrtyui, Potofu, serea, KeigoClear, Apricot, Rorry, Karuta
Korea: KRZY, Clementine, Reisen Udongein, K i R i K a R u, [ Beatrice ], Cookiezi, Dungeon, CheEz
Latvia: LoGo, Forseen, Vmx, nomen, NewNyuu, PyramidX
Macau: _S_T_A_R, HildasXD, Alvin Chan, staplerXD, Balance, JasY007, starpun1, _____B
Malaysia: Gon, xsrsbsns, Zisam, zenki0013, akupp, PROGUY, Yuu-Chii, ychao
Netherlands: laport, zozozofun, H4ppySt1ck, Henkie, silmarilen
New Zealand: deadbeat, Soly, buny, Kiiwa, _hypnosis_, TCN, -N-
Norway: kriers, CXu, -GN, Nilsso, Ivaz, AndreasHD, oscar
Philippines: -KYOK-, rickyboi, Hinanai Tenko, Osu Tatakae Ouendan, Pizzicato, Rozen, jannnnnn, Mystgun
Poland: fartownik, Niko, White Wolf, PAN_WIKTOR_PL, rEdo, Piotrekol, SteRRuM, listless
Portugal: creativ, Osama, Jonnythatjonny, Maraiga, Macacito, Pereira006, R e d, makkura
Russia: Kert, Rain, Rost94, cr1m, JuZu, NekoMimiMode, funshine, Shandro
Singapore: Bardiche_Z, Onozuka-Komachi, rainfall1997, WTPhox, jonchua, Renegate
Sweden: Failed, Nana Tan, Gyuunyu, Cloudio-San, Kawaii, Slizzer95
Taiwan: Uan, Rucker, SnowWhite, ms0080345, Small K, Small AB, melin85116, Oxob
Thailand: NonxE, Frostmourne, 0OoMickeyoO0, blackspell, bufo, nick4010, termerys, phuditj
Turkey: Pure Force, Shadowa, S4LeagueSexsiman, -Lvs, HellDawn, XavierJones, BonkuraChan
Ukraine: Yoru-SAN, rockleejkooo, blednak, Granje, Gorlum, mrgnstrn
United Kingdom: jesus1412, heat, R a h a r u, Vapor, Eastern Aristotle, Raiku
United States: Derekku, Kyou-kun, SapphireGhost, Kaoru, JAKANYAN, Kyonko Hizara, Sync, pielak213-
Uruguay: maay, AlrdyExists, GonixZ, HeCAtExZz, sevas-tra, Snepif, W a r g, Z e o n

» Tournament Staff

Tournament Management: Loctav, fartownik
Additional Referees: Lolicore Flandre, Xakyrie, Haruka, Mr Color
Mapset Selectors: Chewin, lolcubes, ykcarrot, Wishy, kriers
Match Schedulers: Xakyrie, Haruka
Streamers: Makar, Loctav
Commentators: Mr Color, kriers, lolcubes
fartownik

Previous mappools

Wishy
I own this post too.
-Soba-
oh my
Darksonic
Interesting.
Hanyuu
Who is selecting beatmaps in the first stages of the tournament? since it is best of 3 and mod play is allowed one captain could chose 2 songs

in what order?
Cyclohexane
FR Team:
-Kanna
-Kanna
-Kanna
-Kanna
Back-ups:
-Kanna
Bass
Wow Color you made me think that Sync posted.
Derekku
I'll captain the USA team. Just putting that out there. :v

No offense to past captains but we need to get our shit together. :p

EDIT: Please see this post: p/1879216
kriers
reserving spot.

I'll be Norway captain this year too, I guess
thelewa
I'm going to be the captain of the Finnish team, prepare for some delicious drama~
XPJ38
For this tournament, please, make sure that there is a ranking chart frequently updated. It is not pleasant to search through the posts to see who won a week ago :?
Topic Starter
Loctav
@Hanyuu YOu should read the OP. Apparantly, we don't have a mapset selector, yet :P

And srsly. Stop spamming. I don't feel like wiping out this thread every time. It's easier for me to restrict your posting privileges in this forums.
Macacito
isn't Hidden an inappropriate mod?
Aqo
[Edit] Talked to farto; gonna do my best on helping with the map selection process. I have a lot of map lists already, gonna sort out and provide the best for everyone to enjoy.
Topic Starter
Loctav
significantly shortened registration duration.
-GN
"» #1 Sign-ups (~15th Nov. 2012 UTC):

3. The sign-up time lasts from the day of 25th October to 15th December 2012, 23:59 UTC."
I think you missed something.

Also, mandatory NORWAY #1!! cheer here :D
Topic Starter
Loctav

-GN wrote:

"» #1 Sign-ups (~15th Nov. 2012 UTC):

3. The sign-up time lasts from the day of 25th October to 15th December 2012, 23:59 UTC."
I think you missed something.
lol thanks, fixed it.
GladiOol
Nothing to see here
laport
so as gladi was implying under a sheet of sarcasm he will be dutch captain for OWC 2013
Topic Starter
Loctav
Post an application then. Not a troll placeholder.
Emaal
GladiOol send me this over FB.

--

So, I posted that I wanted to be captain of the dutch team.
I posted I want 8 players in my team because the last 2 years we had problems with getting enough players.
I post that when bad maps appear, I'll leave, but the team won't

And I ended up with saying HD might give a few problems, but I'm okay with that.

Why on earth would and admin who reads this be so butthurt that he edits my posts, then delete my posts and then ban my posting privileges.
Really? I just want to know why. I'm not even being rude or anything.

--

NL true owc #2 champions!

Gladi edit: Loctav, if you don't like my posts contact me in-game or PM. Don't EDIT and DELETE my posts and then BAN me for YOUR actions.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Limit stays on 6. I am not butthurt. Learn to post properly. If he's willed to post proper, I revoke removing his posting privileges. I don't accept spamming here and it results in what you've seen. I warned everyone on first page already.
Emaal

Loctav wrote:

Limit stays on 6. I am not butthurt. Learn to post properly. If he's willed to post proper, I revoke removing his posting privileges. I don't accept spamming here and it results in what you've seen. I warned everyone on first page already.
He posted properly. He's sorry if it mad you mad in any way, but the fact do is that NL played a few rounds with 3 players because of the problem they had with getting enough. Why can't they just have 8?

Again, Gladi wants his posting rights back etc. so he can discuss this with you in a normal matter/way. There's no need to ban him for 2 hours just because you don't agree with him.
xsrsbsns
Any chance of including a losers' bracket for this? ie. double eliminations format

It'll take a lot more time on scheduling though..
Topic Starter
Loctav
Sorry if it accidently went under the deleted posts. Feel free to ask again.
Mythol
I'll be captain for team Canada
I already have a good idea of who will be in the team, but if you think you have a chance please PM me in-game~
also spread the word if you can.. because I don't have time to PM everyone ;_;
show more