Spec mode is broken, kinda
ArinYamanaka

MayBee wrote:

This ^ Peppy pls ;_;
xsrsbsns

MayBee wrote:

Since he posted here... Confirming this, if you spectate someone when he isn't playing it cancels.

@peppy also regarding the previous chat log matter, it's not just the return/line problem, username is also buggy. (ignore this if you've already noted it)
Topic Starter
peppy
If there is an issue
please
in
the
tech
support
forum.

the tech support forum

as in here
Rei Hakurei
CTB tiny drop issue on SS mod is fixed ... NICE
mintong89
this.......lol

Topic Starter
peppy
Issues with spectator and stuff is fixed in a bugfix patch (still 20120814).
hmku_hikari
I like the perfect SD :)
[Luanny]
I can see more taiko maps incoming!
\;D/
TanteKuN
More taiko maps?
More FUN!!!
Love it...

More great updates to come..
BCI
so nice updates, perfect mod is useful in CtB. but one question - why perfect mod automatically retry, if player got 100, but suddendeath, if player miss, don't retry? hope you understand me lol
Topic Starter
peppy
It is a special feature of Perfect mod. It won't be added for SuddenDeath, so if you want to use it you'll need to use Perfect :).
Bluethefox

peppy wrote:

It is a special feature of Perfect mod. It won't be added for SuddenDeath, so if you want to use it you'll need to use Perfect :).
So where exactly is this perfect mod at. I can't seem to find it anywhere. :)
Azure_Kite
Drag Sudden Death's mod icon until it changes to Perfect, just like nightcore mod with doubletime.
birra
i don't like it when i have to click on someone's acc to send pm. it lags a lot after this update was done. why should that short-web-profile-view be appeared on the left side of the screen? it make some people (that have a pc/laptop condition like me) much harder to play Osu! because of the lags.
Sakura
Alternatively you can use the /chat command to start PM session with another user.
birra

Sakura wrote:

Alternatively you can use the /chat command to start PM session with another user.
mmm yea i forget that one. thanks sakura
GladiOol
lala nvm, the weird user thingy is already mentioned above me.
Topic Starter
peppy
There's a forum for that. Glad you can not only not read the opening post, but you can't read previous post in the thread either. Always a pleasure, guys!
Skyara
I don't know if it's the right place to ask but it's only since the last update (14 august)
When I try to launch my game the update automaticly starts and then this happen:

Please help me I can't play osu! anymore ;_;
Topic Starter
peppy
Try again now; there seem to have been intermittent network issues 15 minutes ago.
Skyara
Yes it's working now :D

Thank you
Teshub_old
Hah! I was there when you made that.

Also, do more develop-livestreams!
Love watching one of my most favorite game-developers make changes and listen to the public!
mm201
I feel so sad that you didn't mention high DPI support.
Topic Starter
peppy
You should've [m]'d your commiit :P. Also I'm not sure there will be any other users who notice this for quite some time to come.
mm201
I guess. It was like a million minor commits combining to make one big one.
I can't see the other PC makers taking that long to catch up to Apple.
I do wish Parallels would hurry up. At least they've stopped lying now.
BusterBeachside
Cool stuff! My computer is so much fail that I can't even play at fullscreen resolution because it lags. But when I get my new one, I'm going to love the heck out of this update.
Ceani
Can't wait until I get home for this update. ^^
:D
FrozenOG
The fullscreen editor is what makes this update <3
Ceani
I hate the automatic retry though. ):<
Tanomoshii Nekojou

iYoonaRawrx wrote:

I hate the automatic retry though. ):<
YEP.... I HATE the automatic retry of "SUDDEN DEATH" >> "PERFECT".....
Mercurial
That's not going as expected.
Ruidoso
I was growing impatient for perfect mod and unfortunately turned out not useful for me.
CXu
Well, automatic retry is better than the mod scaring the hell out of me every time I think I'm doing good and I get a huge cross all over my screen ;_;
totoco
Hello.

I liked the Perfect Mode.. but also, i dislike the new sudden death in Taiko :c
I liked it the way Lifebar just dropped to zero and i should've replay the map.

And it was usefull for training on some Oni maps without getting bad rank (happened once. 1 note made me suffer for few weeks. I still can't find all the maps i've completed on A to make them S)
ThePassingShadow
I haven't posted in forever, but I will say that I think it's pretty funny to see how many people delete those background files. When I found I could do that a few years ago, I felt like the sickest hacker. peppy still as smart as ever, making it mandatory to get feedback.
aabc271

totoco wrote:

Same here, but I don't think the old SD will come back. ;w;

They'll just say SD is meant to kill players instantly (so as to fit the name "Sudden Death")
And they'll say it's the same case in standard & CTB, and so it should be like that :<

But still, I missed the old SD
Because for now, I can't play maps with no worries about unwanted score
Yes I hate A in taiko & CTB (Standard is just too hard for me not to A)
Now I have to press esc just before the song ends, and in the past I don't have to
And when the new SD is on, it simply doesn't allow me to miss the very first note to disable score submission, as it'll stop the gameplay

I know many will disagree how I think about the rating & new SD, but well, I'm just here to state my own opinion :<
BrokenArrow

aabc271 wrote:

totoco wrote:

Same here, but I don't think the old SD will come back. ;w;

They'll just say SD is meant to kill players instantly (so as to fit the name "Sudden Death")
And they'll say it's the same case in standard & CTB, and so it should be like that :<

But still, I missed the old SD
Because for now, I can't play maps with no worries about unwanted score
Yes I hate A in taiko & CTB (Standard is just too hard for me not to A)
Now I have to press esc just before the song ends, and in the past I don't have to
And when the new SD is on, it simply doesn't allow me to miss the very first note to disable score submission, as it'll stop the gameplay

I know many will disagree how I think about the rating & new SD, but well, I'm just here to state my own opinion :<
So much ^this. I prefer the old SD for taiko aswell.
BeatofIke
Happy 5th year anniversary osu!
mm201
Whoaaaaa Hi TPS! I don't even know how long it's been.
The old SD was slower than hitting esc/retry, which made it pointless. Now it's actually a decent FC mode.
If you don't want scores to submit, log out.
ztrot
what this guy said.
aabc271

mm201 wrote:

The old SD was slower than hitting esc/retry, which made it pointless. Now it's actually a decent FC mode.
If you don't want scores to submit, log out.
Actually I think both old SD and esc/retry have similar speed ( SD -> Wait the diff stops/retry vs esc/retry ), so this doesn't really bother me
I used old SD as an "S/SS only" mode, which is already "a decent FC mode" for me
Logging out means I can't even submit a good score, and it causes too many inconvenience ( eg unable to PM my friends, can't be spectated . . . )

What I really care is that the new SD simply doesn't allow players to go on playing after miss
I just don't really understand why it has to be an instant-kill
Can't it be like in MP, where players can continue even if they miss ?
Some may say solo/CTB are like that too, and so should taiko. But I'll ask "why not the opposite ? ( All modes become not instant-kill )"
I would appreciate if anyone can give me answer to my question above
Soaprman
If your fingers are already on the keyboard, it's not a very big time saver at all... just esc, have cursor over retry with your other hand, Z/X, then space to skip the intro and you're playing again. The only thing an auto-restart really accomplishes is maybe preventing disorientation from having to manually go through those steps.

This would really be about what people want from sudden death. Do people want it strictly as a FC-grinding tool or do they just care about the aspect of tension it adds to the gameplay?
Chrono_PhoenixKaizel
Cool, the game is growing higher and higher WoW =D
totoco
Found out that if i play for some time on SD and THEN miss a note - it'll be like the good ol' times' SD :D
Like---
Wow... i Like Perfect SD ... :)
ego_17
Perfect SD and autorestart, now i can get 50,000 Plays achivement automatically wahahhahahah
Trimutius
SS or fail... well that what i basically did manually when i tried to do a map with more mods which i already did on SS (reducing SS to S is not an option for me)
And automatic retry for Perfect mode is a pure win this pause while you're clicking retry can really throw you of the rhythm =)
SuzumiyaBR

ego_17 wrote:

Perfect SD and autorestart, now i can get 50,000 Plays achivement automatically wahahhahahah
need of AutoRetry ^^
S4suk3
nice update
NoUserPlay

S4suk3 wrote:

nice update
yeah -w-