forum

Translating the FAQ

posted
Total Posts
show more
Matma Rex
And I'd try to translate it to Polish. Can I?
Vanmonky
Seems no answer from peppy :(
DeadRamza
i could help with the portuguese
portuguese language have some differences betwen all of the 8 countries that speak the language
but those differences wouldn't be a problem because even with them...
everyone can compreend it
i can help with the translaations
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Pioneer
Hey, I can help to translate the FAQ into Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian).
Well... thought KcLKcL, Vieroz, kesadisan, -SiN-, and VanMoNky have joined the translation team,
I think it would be best if I join the crew (the more the merrier, right? That way, we can finish it quickly),
since I haven't found any FAQ in Bahasa Indonesia yet (I wonder how the progress goes).

So... peppy, for the sake of osu! grant me the power (access) to translate the FAQ.
Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance!

p.s. Don't worry about my En skill (not to overboard; I can speak in 5 different language).
Aoitenshi
well, I can help pioneer too, I speak indonesian too. I'm interested on joining the indonesian tlanslation team.
[deleted user]
i can help HateMeh to translate to dutch :)
Mara
I have some interests for translating FAQ in finnish, but I am just asking, that how accurate translates must be? From word to word, or just relaxing thought? "It means same thing, but with different words."
awp
The overall message should be the same. Two people reading different translations should be able to discuss with each other in a third, common language the meaning of the entry.
Arusha Shuna

Aoitenshi wrote:

well, I can help pioneer too, I speak indonesian too. I'm interested on joining the indonesian tlanslation team.
can i join too? :D
since the number of indonesian player is increasing.
Natteke
Can have a go with translating into Russian ^o^
Sonnyc
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Breeze
I could help with the traslation of Chinese, too.
If abalee is afk when winter holiday.We shall do that with ignorethis and RedFox

By the way, when it start?
Neo Adonis
Wanna help!! The spanish FAQ is uncomplete already.
KRZY
I would be more than happy to translate the whole thing into Korean! :D
Neo Adonis
Sorry to bother, but I haven't received any reponse about this topic. I need at least to know if peppy isn't accepting more translators anymore.

Thanks in advance~
Derekku
It seems like nothing is being done at this moment, so really, the topic should just be closed for now. :?
abalee

Derekku Chan wrote:

It seems like nothing is being done at this moment, so really, the topic should just be closed for now. :?
Check out the FAQ, it is slowly added. but all of them are non-English so you may not aware of. xD
Derekku

abalee wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Check out the FAQ, it is slowly added. but all of them are non-English so you may not aware of. xD
Since there had been few posts recently, I assumed that nothing was being updated. :? Thanks for the notice :3
Topic Starter
peppy
What is the point of closing the topic? The FAQ is constantly expanding, and so are the selection of langauges.
KRZY
I managed to introduce two of my friends to osu! today, and although quite fascinated by the game they seemed a little disappointed that a Korean version of the FAQ did not exist.

Therefore I suggest/volunteer strongly for the addition of "Korean" to the FAQ.
Topic Starter
peppy

DJ KRZY wrote:

I managed to introduce two of my friends to osu! today, and although quite fascinated by the game they seemed a little disappointed that a Korean version of the FAQ did not exist.

Therefore I suggest/volunteer strongly for the addition of "Korean" to the FAQ.
Are you willing to write it? Because that's what we need in order for there to be one.
KRZY

peppy wrote:

Are you willing to write it? Because that's what we need in order for there to be one.

As I posted a page before, I'd be more than happy to.
Sonnyc

DJ KRZY wrote:

Me too!
Neo Adonis

DJ KRZY wrote:

I did that too before. I want to complement the spanish FAQ, which is already uncomplete.

Thanks for your attention ^^
Derekku

peppy wrote:

What is the point of closing the topic? The FAQ is constantly expanding, and so are the selection of langauges.
I was mistaken and was thinking about viewtopic.php?p=299323#p299323. :?
matusiek3
OK, Maybe I can help Matma_Rex to translate it into polish. I am not pro in English but I can very good speak german, it's my second language so I can translate it from german :)
KRZY
Are we, um, getting anywhere with this? With the Korean language I mean?

I could translate the whole thing on Word and present it to peppy before I receive the ok-call to write the FAQ on the site, I wouldn't mind

I just want '한국어' added in one of those languages, that's all.

*한국어 = "Korean" in Korean
Shiro
If needed I could help translate into french.
Galkan

matusiek3 wrote:

OK, Maybe I can help Matma_Rex to translate it into polish. I am not pro in English but I can very good speak german, it's my second language so I can translate it from german :)
You should remind him about translation (if he still has access) or either I can do it (unfortunately not now - my PC is being repaired currently). I'll re-post here when I'll be ready.
Matma Rex

Galkan92 wrote:

matusiek3 wrote:

You should remind him about translation (if he still has access) or either I can do it (unfortunately not now - my PC is being repaired currently). I'll re-post here when I'll be ready.
I have never had access to anything at all.
KRZY
Bump

Hello, anyone awake?
matusiek3

DJ KRZY wrote:

Hello, anyone awake?
Andrea
Bump the topic only for a good reason next time, thanks. ~_~
Mara

osuplayer111 wrote:

Bump the topic only for a good reason next time, thanks. ~_~
EDIT: *stupidcomment*

...where are finnish translators...
Pokerkid
This is better to the people have their language.
And I like the channels with our language.
SugoiReborn
This mightn't be relevant, but I can help translate it into Hebrew.
laport
seems like the dutch faq is almost 40% done or so.
I'd be happy to help finalize it.
Copter-kun
Nobody's planning on fixing the korean faq? If no one is, i might be looking forward on doing it.
Bass
Nobody have done polish translation yet I see..
abalee
Ask any BATs/GMTs(or some channel OPs, I don't know how many they could got that right) if you want some faqs added/modified.
but I hope you could find a person listed upon that could handle that language well. :\
Astom
Can I get permission to edit spanish FAQ? half empty for years and with pretty lame jokes.
maal
Danish? Hello?
Malstrom_old
I can translated into Polish.
roufou
Mind if I do a slight bump?
I can do Norwegian since it doesn't seem like anyone else can...Maybe it's a bit horrible just being a newb and say "this", but ohwell.
laport

DJ KRZY wrote:

Hello, anyone awake?
laport

laport wrote:

seems like the dutch faq is almost 40% done or so.
I'd be happy to help finalize it.
wake up? dutch faq is still incomplete.
Ruidoso
seems like there's no turkish faq yet and nobody is going to do it but I am.
figardy_p
is hardly to understand a english languange. but i don't care because i love this game and it is interested for simple entertaining game :) .
asdsasd123
I can help translate into Chinese :)
(Traditional Chinese to be specific)
Kurai
Locked to prevent necroposting. If you want to help the community, please check this thread : t/83155