DE is German.
Fixed, thanks.
Derekku
Nice system. :) I'd love to help if I knew another language well enough ._.;
Gens
Oyay

/me registers and helps with the translation
Remco32
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Lesjuh
Let's move osu! forwards!
anonymous_old
I was completely confused. I had no idea where to sign up.

Then I realized the link in large letters.

=[

Also, no French?

Aaaaaand, "Account" link shows nothing useful.
Derekku

strager wrote:

Also, no French?
I was going to ask that, but then assumed that peppy will add more languages once the real thing is ready. (Also Russian and many other popular languages)
Echo
Someone check my Japanese :P
FurukawaPan
How about "Kouritsu Honyaku" (公立翻訳) or "Konyaku" (婚訳) for short. (And yes, the kanji are wrong on purpose, in my miserable attempt at humor). I wanted to try working 蒟蒻(こんにゃく) in there somehow, because jokes about food are much funnier, but it seemed too much of a stretch.
Echo
actually translating is quite fun :)
Loginer

peppy wrote:

As usual, suggestions, feedback, bugs reports etc. very welcome in this thread.
Don't forget to add my Swedish translation once you're done testing.
Olinad
Looks nice, but I guess the fact that once a translation gets 3 votes it's untouchable isn't that good... What if three people in a row miss a mistake in a sentence?

EDIT: I actually corrected all the translations for the italian language even if I know they will be reset afterward... but anyway, it was something I couldn't avoid doing XD I'll correct anything again once the system is fully working
FurukawaPan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
peppy
I probably won't reset it unless someone screws around too much.
aallie_old
yay. :D
now I'll be able to revise those annoying small mistakes on the portuguese translation.
KIA
Topic Starter
peppy
Added russian, swedish.
Removed testing notice - let's try this for real.
Added ability to down-vote "accepted" translations.
Inozuma
It's an interesting concept.

I'd like to help, but there is no french :o
Topic Starter
peppy
Added :)
Echo
Inozuma

peppy wrote:

Added :)
-SiN-
errrrr sorry peppy, i hope you can change this in Indonesia (without -n)

it's accepted already but SongSelection_AddedToFavouritesA in Indonesia is totally wrong
"Tambah ke favorit A" is for SongSelection_AddToFavouritesA

"Added" and "Add" are 100% different meaning
Topic Starter
peppy
-SiN-
i know.. but no revise button appear >.<
RemmyX25
Any chance I could request a Pirate language?
anonymous_old
Topic Starter
peppy
Examples of punctuation inconsistencies? Consider where they are actually used in-game.
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

Examples of punctuation inconsistencies? Consider where they are actually used in-game.
"Loading" has two .'s whereas "Searching" has three .'s.

Probably some dirt on my screen when I was looking at something. I thought there were more.

Some of the buttons above the score board are title case ("Next Page") whereas others are not ("Switch to local scoreboard"). For the latter example, I think "Switch to" is unnecessary (kinda like "Go to" in "Go to next page," if it were worded that way).

"Hovering a beatmap will change to it after a short delay." -- Isn't it "Hovering [the cursor] over a beatmap..." ?

"Leaving the song list will make it snap back to the active beatmap." -- When I first saw this in-game I thought it meant hitting "back."

/me goes to sleep, hopefully.
Rolled
Just leaving this here for pure awesome.

[09:59] <Film11|irc> i have thought of a good name
[09:59] <Film11|irc> ling-osu
[10:01] <peppy> also if you can think of a cool ppy name
[10:01] <peppy> somethign.ppy.sh
[10:01] <peppy> that would be even more epic
[10:01] <Film11|irc> li.ppy.sh
LuigiHann
"Lippy" works on a couple different levels. I approve heartily
Topic Starter
peppy
I like lippy a lot too.
Olinad
Can we use " or do we need to use ' instead?
anonymous_old

Olinad wrote:

Can we use " or do we need to use ' instead?
Depends on your language. The English base doesn't use quotes at all, though, so if your language permits it I would leave them out.
Echo
deepsea
I think some translation can be a group? Like Add to Favourites A and Add to Favourites B.In case that two different kind of translation be approved.>_>
Echo
Please standardise Chinese into either simplified or traditional - or we can do two separate files, I think that would be better.
Jeffro
Thank you for this system peppy. I have corrected / wronged / revised all dutch strings already to :)

Now we need more people confirming them.
DeadRamza
Topic Starter
peppy
Olinad

peppy wrote:

That isn't a problem - the translations will still be used even ithout them being 'accepted' for the time being.
What if there's more than one translation?
Topic Starter
peppy
The highest rated will be used.
EmuAGR
And what about comments? They would be useful to discuss shades of meaning, explain mistakes...

EDIT: Sometimes translations aren't committed when pressing enter.
bmin11
korean has already translated a year ago (in casual writing)
Even though, should we translate it for FAQ too?
ElfoVampiro
i can translate to portuguese-brazil
bagnz0r
Oh yeah. So it says my email isn't valid... How weird...
haruhiteamsos
could chinese compare Simplified Chinese and Simplified Chinese

Taiwan and Hong Kong used Simplified Chinese
and China used Simplified Chinese

the two types chinese are used in a large group

so~hope it can make a operation

sorry for my bad english :?
mattyu007
You mean

Taiwan + Hong Kong = Traditional Chinese
China = Simplified Chinese

?
haruhiteamsos

mattyu007 wrote:

You mean

Taiwan + Hong Kong = Traditional Chinese
China = Simplified Chinese

?
yes ">_>
Sonnyc
No korean??
Neo Adonis
Could you add all the possible translations for each language, even the tips? That could be useful.

I have a doubt: With some translations, the text get out of bounds (e.g. the selection options menu). Can somebody help me? (I speak spanish as my native language).
Topic Starter
peppy
The osu! UI is still not really ready for other languages due to bounds problems and such, but considering the nature of the game and limited amount of screen space, it may be hard to ever allow for this to be perfect (unless the size is to be reduced automatically for longer sentences).
mateusz1996
I can make Polish translation as one I saw in osu has quite a lot mistakes.
Matma Rex

mateusz1996 wrote:

All of them are fixed on pTransl, but somehow not in osu!.
mateusz1996

Matma Rex wrote:

mateusz1996 wrote:

All of them are fixed on pTransl, but somehow not in osu!.
Maybe pTransl wasn't checked by osu! staff?
bagnz0r

mateusz1996 wrote:

I believe it shouldn't be a problem, since me, Bagno - the ultimate Polish Grammar mastah will do the checks.
Matma Rex

BagnoGamer wrote:

mateusz1996 wrote:

I believe it shouldn't be a problem, since me, Bagno - the ultimate Polish Grammar mastah will do the checks.
I dont quite think you understood, O mastah. mateusz's post was about checking as in copying the stuff somewhere into osu! config~
bagnz0r

Matma Rex wrote:

I dont quite think you understood, O mastah. mateusz's post was about checking as in copying the stuff somewhere into osu! config~
He should learn to state phrases properly then.
Neo Adonis
When will the new translations be updated? There are new changes of the translations in osu!

(BTW, the system should be updated, too.)
FurukawaPan
pTransl seems to be warning about deprecated lines. The interface also is dragging me into a corner every time I submit a change.
Bass

BagnoGamer wrote:

mateusz1996 wrote:

orly?
lisha14_DELETED
i can't sign up :(
Phantom Miria
I can't signup either, I am surprised there is still no french translation for the game!

I hope this can get fixed soon so that we can contribute to the osu online community!
eru

lisha14 wrote:

i can't sign up :(
mattyu007
Just a thought, shouldn't Chinese be split into Chinese (Traditional) and Chinese (Simplified)?
Lilac

mattyu007 wrote:

Just a thought, shouldn't Chinese be split into Chinese (Traditional) and Chinese (Simplified)?
Well, they both translate to the same in English. It's just that both of them are written different.
Torran

mattyu007 wrote:

Yes.
Musty
impossible to create an account
Screen :
Feno_old

peppy wrote:

I really, really need to find some time to fix this. For now though, there isn't too much poitn in using it, so just hold out please :).
The registering issues will be fixed when peppy has time. ^^
Musty

Feno wrote:

peppy wrote:

I really, really need to find some time to fix this. For now though, there isn't too much poitn in using it, so just hold out please :).
The registering issues will be fixed when peppy has time. ^^
Cool :DD
Timekiller
Is it just me or there is no russian localization so far? If there isn't, I could probably be of some help. Registration is broken, through. Just wondering when it would be fixed will peppy have some free time :lol:
Feno_old

Timekiller wrote:

Is it just me or there is no russian localization so far? If there isn't, I could probably be of some help. Registration is broken, through. Just wondering when it would be fixed will peppy have some free time :lol:

peppy wrote:

I really, really need to find some time to fix this. For now though, there isn't too much point in using it, so just hold out please :).
That's peppy's reply on the registration issue.
Right now I would assume he's concentrating on .osz2 or other gameplay-related things, so this is probably further down on the to-do list.

But like he said, just hold out. :)
Topic Starter
peppy
Things should be back in working order, with some new text up for translation. More to come this week.
Feno_old
Yay! Now I just gotta find a good translation for "Beatmap" :D
Topic Starter
peppy
Leave it as beatmap. Anyone playing osu! should know what a beatmap is (and if not, they will figure it out pretty damn fast).
Galkan
Yay, it's opened again! Thanks peppy! But my question: What's with dots? Add them or not?

Like here, for example. Only at spectator list showing option is a dot, but at the other options, there is not.
Topic Starter
peppy
Full stops? If they are in the original text then add them, else don't. Simple enough, right?
Timekiller
peppy, there are actually some issues with Russian translation, especially concerning numbers. For example, in "{0} maps will be deleted", russian translation for "map" will be slightly different when map count is ending with digit 1, digits 2-4 and digits 5-0, and form for "5-0" is also used for numbers ending with 11 to 20, including 11 to 20 themselves. It's not THAT critical, but looks quite... funny when done wrong way.

Also, thanks for fixing registration issues :)
Topic Starter
peppy
For now figure a way to make it make the most sense in all cases. Might consider such issues in the future, but not now.
Topic Starter
peppy

Galkan92 wrote:

Yay, it's opened again! Thanks peppy! But my question: What's with dots? Add them or not?

Like here, for example. Only at spectator list showing option is a dot, but at the other options, there is not.
You either updated your post after I replied, or i missed the image because of your STUPID signature (which I took the liberty of removing). The seems like a typo; the full stop should not be there in that case.
Galkan

peppy wrote:

You either updated your post after I replied, or i missed the image because of your STUPID signature (which I took the liberty of removing). The seems like a typo; the full stop should not be there in that case.
Don't tell me my xf miniprofile distracted you so much that you did not notice the image.
Thanks for reply anyway.

Edit: What means /n ?
Timekiller
n? [backslash]n, you mean? It's "new line". Quite common in programming, really :D
And as offtopic, backslash seems to vanish from forum posts. Oh god, I have to fix that on my forum as well... uh, not again T_T
Galkan

Timekiller wrote:

n? [backslash]n, you mean? It's "new line". Quite common in programming, really :D
And as offtopic, backslash seems to vanish from forum posts. Oh god, I have to fix that on my forum as well... uh, not again T_T
K, thx. So now I need to fix all my translations with this mark.
eldnl
Unibot
Universal
Unitraslator

I have no imagination D:

great idea =)
Topic Starter
peppy
Options screen strings are now near 100% localisable. Let's try and get the translations out and ready for the next public release :).
Kharl
Should we add Korean as well? They're among the largest and the most active user groups around here.
Topic Starter
peppy
Done
Bass
Peppy we have to accept only two translations and it's done! :D
Galkan

Bass-chan wrote:

Peppy we have to accept only two translations and it's done! :D
Check everything once again before posting, some accepted translations in our section were... weird <.< Anyway, yes, we're almost done with it.

Edit: Polish part is done.
DonkanShinigami
no Turkish language :(
Neo Adonis
Notice: Take this just as a suggestion, but I would like to add to every translated "Select Language" string the message in English in order you can revert the changes but you don't know really well the language (this would work specially with non-latin languages):

Example in Spanish: "Seleccionar Idioma (Select Language):"

I actually did it on all languages, but if you disagree you can vote down or post here so I can rollback this.

(P.S.: Now polish is incomplete again. Sorry. :( )
Galkan

Neo Adonis wrote:

Notice: Take this just as a suggestion, but I would like to add to every translated "Select Language" string the message in English in order you can revert the changes but you don't know really well the language (this would work specially with non-latin languages):

I actually did it on all languages, but if you disagree you can vote down or post here so I can rollback this.

Could you please firstly ask, and later then do any changes? <.< If someone couldn't restore previous language (honestly I doubt it), still it's available to change it via .cfg file, so there's no need to putting the english string.
Topic Starter
peppy
This is unnecessary.
Bass

Neo Adonis wrote:

You aren't polish so GTFO from our translation.
DonkanShinigami
if you add Turkish language, i can translate it :)
Galkan

Bass-chan wrote:

You aren't polish so GTFO from our translation.
Don't yell at him :roll: It was a suggestion, not a must-do thing.
Raging out for such a thing makes you look like idiot.
Topic Starter
peppy
Yelling is actually quite appropriate. He changed every language without first checking with anyone. I already removed all his translations.
pokedigi
1 Some words has its own special translation. How to deal with them? If the system is for the small-group topic translation, why not to have a special words translate? It is separated from other translation and once they're changed, all the thing with the words will follow them. Like "Slider", "Filter" or something like that. Just let them be the special words and add something like <slider> <fliter> in the translation.

2 There're too many different words between Simplified Chinese and Traditionmal Chinese, especially some words appeared these years. Why not separate them?
Topic Starter
peppy
At some point I might do that, but for now just try and make things consistent, please.
Leeg
What happens with spanish translations? the whole thing has been done literally...

Remove= "Remover" (Stir in english) WTF?

Spectating= "Espectando" new verb lol
Topic Starter
peppy
Mark as wrong, then revise it?
show more