forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dieathan
Last chapter on mk2 right now.
I still haven't gotten Noire join my party yet since there are barely any quests to raise Lastation's shares in Lastation and yet Arfoire doesn't have any shares to mooch off anymore since I already got rid of all of them.
Well, at least I'm almost done. Been playing it for about a week now.

EDIT: Just beat the game with the Normal and Human/Makers Endings. Time to get those other endings if I can.
Rantai

Dieathan wrote:

Last chapter on mk2 right now.
I still haven't gotten Noire join my party yet since there are barely any quests to raise Lastation's shares in Lastation and yet Arfoire doesn't have any shares to mooch off anymore since I already got rid of all of them.
Well, at least I'm almost done. Been playing it for about a week now.

EDIT: Just beat the game with the Normal and Human/Makers Endings. Time to get those other endings if I can.
No Noire?

Not even worth finishing!
Pokebis

adam2046 wrote:

IT'S CONSTRUCTION VEHICLES FIGHTING! Why the hell wouldn't I buy it? Because it sucks, yeah...
Bought Skyscraper because it was so bad and the opening was hilariously bad. Long story short, it broke a controller somehow.
I was really expecting Gungrave to be a lot better though.

Really should have bought Maximo or Shinobi...
I don't understand why you wouldn't research those products first. I've even read an article about how horrible the first game was even before it came to PSN.
Lilac
There's only 3 games I want on the PS3 now...

...Make that 4 for Sly Racoon: Thieves Among Time. I know I won't be disappointed.
adam2046

Pokebis wrote:

I don't understand why you wouldn't research those products first. I've even read an article about how horrible the first game was even before it came to PSN.
I did research Skyscraper and BCV, I just didn't think that they'd be be more horrible than entertaining.
YodaSnipe
yeah noire makes this game legendary <33
mega_mac
i can't waited Naruto ultimate ninja 5 ps3
BadLuckExpert

rust45 wrote:

Just beat inFamous 2 (shortly after the first one) and I have to say it was pretty enjoyable. The only problem I have is that some of the powers aren't as sweet as the powers in the first one. Chain lightning anyone?

Oh yeah, did anyone else notice that Cole's feet kinda look like cow feet? There's an odd indent at the tip of his shoe's.
It looks like cow feet because it's a Tabi Sneakers. I've also finished both inFAMOUS games and i gotta say they're both awesome (the 2nd is better though). Right now i'm playing Ratchet&Clank: Crack in time and Naruto Ultimate Storm 2, and i got my eyes on Star Wars for my next game :)
Dieathan

Rantai wrote:

No Noire?

Not even worth finishing!
Oh, Noire can join your party. I just didn't think I'd end up locking her off by accident on my first playthrough. Did too many quests that raised Planeptune's shares in Lastation and I couldn't fix it sadly.
Got her in a New Game+ though.
YodaSnipe
That sucks lmfao! I didn't do any quests really, so I was good to go. All I needed to do was actually get Lastation shares to 50+ or w.e.

On another note, what is your favourite team so far? I do not specifically mean effective, unless your favourite just so happens to be such. Mine is: Uni, Noire, Nepgear, and Rom

Uni = Tsundere ('nuff said)
Noire = Epic (again 'nuff said)
Nepgear = OP
ROM = ZOMG ADORABLE VOICE

so yeah post your teams ppl!
adam2046
I have beaten 4 levels of Skyscraper. That is 4 more than I should have and I am now so invested in the game that I will finish it while Nier gathers dust.
Ivalset
You make a lot of bad decisions, adam.
Mafiamaster

YodaSnipe wrote:

On another note, what is your favourite team so far? I do not specifically mean effective, unless your favourite just so happens to be such.
Mine is:
Nepgear (Yeah... OP)
Neptune (Not as OP as Nepgear but slightly OP even without good skills. Still has the awesome jokes)
Nisa (Not as useless as she was in the first one so +1 for her. Good skills)
Compa (Healer!)

So yeah, pretty much the first bunch you get. (IF replaced by Neptune)
No one else was worthy of replacing them. (Except for Compa when all the enemies were missing my whole team) No need for you, Compa.
YodaSnipe
Kay so today I discovered THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING EVER in HDN MK2.

Kay here it is:
Have Nepgear Partner supporting in the back behind Neptune. Nepgear has a support skill that allows you to break the 9999 damage cap. Now have two vanguard members pop two psp chargers on Neptune. Hit the boss with the Couple Skill and you'll be doing like 7 hits of about 40,000-70,000 damage ON THE FIRST TURN!!!

My team is now:

Noire (Leader) - I use her for str buffs/psp chargers/her epic sword attack thingy (forget what it's called)
Uni - I use her for psp chargers/and to take hits from paralyzer enemies.
Rom - Backup Healer just in case, and does fantastic magic damage.
Neptune with Nepgear damage break support - Cast Couple Skill.

I can take out bosses in one turn at like level 50 it's great. Even really really tough ones.

I wanted to keep Nisa, but seriously no CPU is just weak imo. However, she is just so awesome regardless. Compa's voice kills her character, i hate that damn desu~ness

Edit: I just discovered that there are a couple of damage limit breaking items sooo back to nepgear rapin'!!!
Mafiamaster
I've never gotten around to using couple skills. At first I thought, they had to be close together on the field and when I did find out about how to use them, I was already on the conquest ending route which you don't obtain any couple skills since "oooo sorry, not true ending route".

So yeah, my late game was just Nepgear spamming Celestial Severance on all the bosses while the others slowly chip at its' HP/GP.
About ~1.5 minutes for ~200,000 exp on a specfic boss fight? Might've been a whole lot faster with your 'no damage limit' rings.
YodaSnipe
yeah the damage limit breakers soooo OP
Mafiamaster
Tales of Graces f

I fell asleep playing it. When I woke up, I was at the start of a boss battle. Boss was too hard on moderate difficulty and after 3 game overs, I turned off the PS3 and tossed my controller at the wall. Pissed, I fell back asleep.

Woke up the next morning (today), changed the difficulty to Normal. Still got demolished by this certain boss. Changed difficulty to Easy and beat the boss. Saved, then stopped playing because I wasn't satisfied.

The damage this boss does on moderate is ridiculous. 3/4 of my health gone, seriously... what is this? Stunned for 5 seconds, can't move at all, he proceeds to combo me further resulting in death. Then goes ahead and combos the other teammates and they easily die from it. Life potion someone, and I'm stuck for like 3 seconds giving the enemy a 1-shot chance.

Other bosses: I revive a person, they die instantly again because they head straight for the boss after waking up. Or even, the boss goes back to take their life again.

Summary: I like the game very much!
YodaSnipe
Well, challenge of the difficulties aside. I thought it was pretty bad tbh. I mean that entire beginning thing where you play as a kid doing kid things, like r u srs? no, I don't want that in my games thanks. If the other tales games are as shitty as this, then I won't even bother playing them. /disappointed :(
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, it's not really fair to judge an entire RPG based on the beginning. They almost always take several hours to start revving up. You didn't even finish the Final Fantasy XIII tutorial for, like, 12 chapters. But I haven't played Graces yet and I haven't seen any videos of it yet. And it's not really fair to judge the entire Tales series based on one game, since there's over a dozen of the things, and they're not all the same. Unless you don't like some of the very, very basic things about the game. Tales of Symphonia would be one of the best Tales games. I've heard Tales of the Abyss is very good, but I haven't done that yet.
Ivalset
Abyss blows Symphonia out of the water.

Or maybe I just despise most of Symphonia's cast!

In any case, Graces' combat system is really nice and complex and the game gets a million times better once the childhood arc ends.
awp

Mafiamaster wrote:

The damage this boss does on moderate is ridiculous. 3/4 of my health gone, seriously... what is this?
The bass guitar boss in Mother 3, by the sounds of it. That fucker was brutal

Seibei4211 wrote:

They almost always take several hours to start revving up. You didn't even finish the Final Fantasy XIII tutorial for, like, 12 chapters.
Those are both signs of a very poorly designed game. RPGs are supposed to engage nearly immediately (within the first 2 hours) with their mechanics if not their storyline. The fact that we've accepted what FF13 brought to the table is a sign that we're all lowering our standards. The fact that I both acknowledge and accept the problem suggests I'm one of the worst, too.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, it's not that an RPG is usually bad when it starts out, it's just that you haven't unlocked the abilities or side dungeons that make the game really awesome and challenging and stuff. It takes a while for the games to stop holding your hands. Symphonia, for example. really kicks in once you get access to the flying things (I forget the name). Golden Sun kicks in once you get a decent selection of Djinn. Doesn't Disgaea really start kicking into high gear after you beat the game? In Kingdoms of Amalur, I started having even more fun once I learned some new skills and abilities.
rust45

Ivalset wrote:

Abyss blows Symphonia out of the water.
Agreed, the battle system basically took Symphonia's already great one and added everything it needed.
However... the story was a bit slow in a lot of places.

Anyway, it's a good thing I came here since I'm now reminded of Graces, I got to try it out soon.
Dieathan
There! That's about almost all the endings in mk2. Can't be bothered with the Conquest ending right now but its good enough.
Now to get onto Catherine.
YodaSnipe
Whoa whoa whoa I didn't say that the other tales games were as bad as graces F based on the beginning of this game. I was simply stating that *IF* the other games were like that then I wouldn't bother playing them. I agree with awp on the whole poor game design part, and I am also at fault for loving FF13. Maybe cause I'm a cutscene pixelwhore... Anyways, I didn't get that much enjoyment out of Graces F's combat system, my buddy plays a lot of tales games and says abyss, symphonia and vesperia (i think it's those three idr) were a lot better overall and that I should play them first then judge the series :p

Oh, and for me, (kinda pathetic but w.e I'm not ashamed) if I don't like the character designs, then chances are I'm not going to play the game. ie. Graces F.

and when I say character design I mean the colours, art, clothing, style, personalities, etc of every character.

T_T I'm so simple minded... Gimme hot girls a semi-interesting story, and fun combat and I'll be hooked for hours /points at HDN MK2
RemmyX25
Haven't played Graces F yet but with Tales Of experience --

If you can't fight a boss, you're not grinding right.
Rantai

YodaSnipe wrote:

T_T I'm so simple minded... Gimme hot girls a semi-interesting story, and fun combat and I'll be hooked for hours /points at HDN MK2
d-(^.^)z
YodaSnipe
SO! Today I finally finished Valkyria Chronicles! I must say the anime was horrible in comparison to the game, and I am absolutely thrilled about the ending in the game. It's always exciting to see a game end exactly how you want it to end, and that's what I got. So happy ^^
Rantai
Glad to see that, VC1 was just brilliant imo.

I'm still crying that VC3 has no translation ;___;
YodaSnipe
We'll never get it sadly. T_T
Dieathan
Yeah, I'm kind of depressed about that too.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh wow, there's already another Atelier game next month. I'm guessing Ival's getting that on day one.
YodaSnipe
Well, I would love to try out the Atelier series, but I was never really much of a "Crafting" person. I think the extent of acceptable crafting for me would be like Birth By Sleep, or Resonance of Fate.
Ivalset

Seibei4211 wrote:

Oh wow, there's already another Atelier game next month. I'm guessing Ival's getting that on day one.
Of course. I've been hype for this shit for forever.

Then I can wait for the next one to get localized.
Mafiamaster
Spent 30 dollars worth of DLC costumes on Tales of Graces and not giving a fuuuuuuck.
I don't know... it helps me stay motivated to play the game.

I too am looking forward to Meruru.
Rantai

Seibei4211 wrote:

Got my limited edition pre-ordered, that barrel shirt~
YodaSnipe
So today I finished Resonance of Fate (yeah I'm on a roll this week for game completion haha). I must say absolutely incredible game, loved it. I went back and checked out Neverland, and let me tell you MEGA POINTS for epic music playing in the background. Seriously, you go in there and that music is kinda chills, kinda rock, but makes you just feel so LEGEN-wait for it

wait for it

I LOVE LEANNE-DARY!!!
ampzz
Quite enjoying a fresh play of Tekken 6 again after so long of not touching the game as a partial preparation for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 coming out the latter half of this year.

In saying this after I get my computer parts purchase out of the way I will start getting my PlayStation 3 game line-up up and running again.
-Athena-
recently got the chance to try gran turismo 5 at a friend's house
he even bought a steering wheel to go with it lol, it was awesome as hell though i didn't really understand what i was doing XD
Ivalset
Man, Dragon's Dogma demo is so fuckin' short. What the fuck.

I'm not sure if I liked what I played because it was literally 10 minutes long and went into absolutely 0 depth about anything. It'd be fairly simple for me to assume that the game is just "grapple onto these niggas and mash square", even though I know there is more to the game.

Character creator was nice though.
show more