forum

Bomfunk MC's - Freestyler

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ijah_old
So one silly little rule is more important than what the most of the community think?

Hell, I'm seriously wondering if I should continue to visit such a strict and badly controlled community now.

Ranked maps once ranked should STAY RANKED unless there is a major error in the map/isn't working.

Hell, why don't you just unrank all the maps before 2009? most of those don't obey these silly rules you have now.

On a sidenote, I'm not a very good player at all, and even I could read and 300 them first try.

If you value your community of players and mappers, I suggest you stop treating them like shit all the time over silly rules that should be more like guidelines.
SapphireGhost
Looking through the thread, I made a list of people who appeared to not want this map to be unranked.
  1. OzzyOzrock
  2. YGOkid8
  3. Elfice
  4. Natteke
  5. Broetchen8441
  6. Thunderstorm
  7. Blue Dragon
  8. Nharox
  9. yeahyeahyeahhh
  10. -kevincela-
  11. Lesjuh (tee hee)
  12. Larto
  13. Naiedaos
  14. CracK
  15. gyt
  16. ----
  17. GladiOol
  18. saymun
  19. Lunah
  20. Bakario
  21. Tshemmp
  22. Ijah
  23. bomber34
  24. Nilsso
  25. Backfire
  26. Luna
  27. gabaeba
  28. Soror
I think a little more discussion needs to be put into an unrank before a BAT actually follows through with it. If this many people disagree with the unranking BAT, there might be something wrong. In this particular case, the map had already been ranked for a good amount of time as well, and lots of scores were lost. I'm in support of listening to the community here and re-ranking the map in its current state.
(please don't hurt me)
Lunah_old

SapphireGhost wrote:

If this many people disagree with the unranking BAT, there might be something wrong.
They can not be wrong
bomber34
There are far more worse Beatmaps that are ranked, but ok D_:
Also I don't get why this is such a bad problem?
I mean it is impossible to beat all Maps in one try!?
If you fail, you start again :D
Nilsso

Shiirn wrote:

01:50:198 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) -

yeahhhhhh uhhhhhhhhh doesn't this break like half a dozen mapping rules? "awesome" or not, that's a fairly rad case of bullshit right there.
Dont rage because u couldnt play standard osu and moved to CTB instead. Its extremly readable lol. What a bs decision...
RE-RANK IT.
Backfire
SapphireGhost - I didn't want it unranked at all. This is a fantastic map. ;w;
Luna
Yeah, re-rank it please.
It's absolutely readable because of the new combos. Sure, it's hard to sightread and requires good reflexes, but it's an Insane after all.
If it were just done for sheer difficulty without any other reasons - yes, an unrank would be the right move. But this fits the music perfectly and can't be replaced without losing its amazing flow.
Gaba
Was chillin on osu today, then decided to play "that cool new map from Lesjuh" then saw that it was pending again. Just wtf?

Unless you're playing with one eye and not paying attention, experienced players should be able to read this. I'm not even the mapper and I found very offensive what happened here. As said before, if you're gonna apply those silly rules here, just as well unrank all <2009 maps.
YGOkid8

Elfice wrote:

All maps must be sightreadable on the first attempt. Thus, there should not be any hidden or otherwise ambiguous patterns of hitobjects. One common mistake is having a hitcircle with a slider under it (but the slider ends where the hitcircle is). This type of pattern is very hard to read; especially so when snaking sliders are disabled. Using new combos to differentiate hitobjects will avoid issues like this.
Now read this again. ^

I suggest reading and fixing your own rules before bitching and ruining awesome maps.
Elfice actually brings up a good point here; as well as being sightreadable, it is in no way an obstruction of the rules.
Soror

Backfire wrote:

That is my opinion. I don't think you should change your sliders, by the way, because its very nice, however since this is a game, not an art project, if you want your map to ever get ranked again, you might want to start reconsidering.
As long as it is playble, Seperating art perspective completely from the gameplay is not a good idea.

..So just shooting my star.
Natteke
I'd like to hear some more news from BATs about this whole situation which is quite unfair.
Ephemeral
After a quick recheck, I can't really find any issue in the highlighted formation. I'm not even a regular player (or a good one at that) and I can quite easily pick that pattern up.

I'll rerank this as-is. There is no substantiated reason for an unrank.

EDIT:

Much can be achieved through dialogue. Thank you for staying civil and constructive throughout this. These things can sometimes be sped up by contacting presiding BAT in game about it. We're not going to bite your head off for having differing opinions on the judgements we make.
Natteke
Awesome. Scoreboard is back too
Lunah_old
yessss, thank you all guys.
Mismagius
This was very nice. :)
Louis Cyphre
yay ~
Ibuki Suika
real good job :P
Gomo Psivarh
what the...

this got deranked once? :(
NatsumeRin
awesome.
Anticloud
awesome in a different way
Andrea
This is a good day.
TicClick
Ha-ha, great!
-----

Louis Cyphre wrote:

yay ~
Miu Matsuoka
Ephemeral you did it just right.
Sakura Izayoi
:) :) :)
Shiirn : What goes around comes around. :)
lkjl23
Charles445
I want to point out that you have 0.35 seconds to react to the sliders underneath.

Take a look at this picture. http://puu.sh/75Em This is after the blue slider is finished. Notice how the slider turned purple? That's the blending from blue and red, which means there is a slider under there. Also, as soon as the player hits the 1... http://puu.sh/75Es It's even more red.

That's how I calculated 0.35, take that information as you like. Some people don't have that reaction time, but others do. (my average is 0.26975 when using a speed test, so I am able to read the sliders)

Grats on rerank, go get yourself some charts :P
[deleted user]

Miu Matsuoka wrote:

Ephemeral you did it just right.
Lunah_old

NeverDie wrote:

Aol wrote:

:) :) :)
Shiirn : What goes around comes around. :)
Yeah, hopefully it won't be too long until he gets punched in the face in real life :)
I hard lol'd
-kevincela-
Yay,reranked :D
Gratz again,Lesjuh~
Colin Hou
good news before bedtime, congratz on ranking it again.
xierbaliti
yay! awesome.
narakucrimson
Oh, I never noticed this got de-ranked!

By the way, I could never give my opinion, but I think people said pretty much what I thought. I suggestedchanging that pattern at first, but after - believe me- A LOT of thinking, I supposed it was ok.

So let's... Sorry if I rushed things up with the bubble I gave to this map hehe, but I'm convinced it was and is ok~
Anyway, the discussion seems constructive, perhaps this just had to happen :P
Nymph
This is just awesome, really glad to see that pattern.
AngelHoney
:D/
Ephemeral
By the way, just because lesjuh can make this pattern work doesn't mean the rest of you can.

So don't think about using this map as a precedent to pull off similar patterns in your maps, unless they're executed as well. Just because this very fringe case is constructed well enough to fit into the ranking criteria does not mean every cheap imitation of it thereafter will be.

And attacking another mapper for having a different opinion than you is disappointing to see. I'm looking at about three people from the last page guilty of it. Not a pretty sight. Makes me think maybe they shouldn't be posting on here anymore.
Larto
It's a christmas miracle.
bmin11
I love how you guys handled this calmly :) Congratz on the rerank!
xsrsbsns
Great!

Larto wrote:

It's a christmas miracle.
Amule
Awesome !!!
show more