forum

xi - Ascension to Heaven

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bobo_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, 23 May 2012 at 5:04:28 AM

Artist: xi
Title: Ascension to Heaven
Source: BMS
Tags: artcore bms of fighters 2009 copter-kun Ra-s Kirino Kousaka love firce777
BPM: 200
Filesize: 6877kb
Play Time: 02:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Another (4.86 stars, 379 notes)
  2. Easy (0.41 stars, 97 notes)
  3. Firce777's Taiko Inner Oni (4.83 stars, 1201 notes)
  4. Hyper (4.9 stars, 356 notes)
  5. Love's Taiko Oni (4.78 stars, 902 notes)
  6. Normal (3.75 stars, 236 notes)
  7. The Stairway (5 stars, 708 notes)
Download: xi - Ascension to Heaven
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/54084
Hika
OH SHIT, ROSS I LOVE THIS MAP SO DAMN MUCH <3
Mismagius
stop making good maps

:(
Topic Starter
Bobo_old

Blue Dragon wrote:

stop making good maps

:(
I'm sorry ;~;
Vergence

Just some suggestions

Ascension To Heaven
01:14:129 (1) - Maybe make this pointing to "heaven" :) ?
01:23:279 (1) - Make this the same slider speed as (2) ?
02:19:229 (35) - Maybe shorten this by 1/8 and add a note with a finish ?
02:22:829 (1,2,3,4,5) - Star formation?
________________________________________________________________________________
+EDIT+
01:29:729 (4) - Align this with (2) ?
If you follow that align (5) with (3). It should make (5 and 6) join to become an X
02:32:429 (1) - Add whistle ?
02:34:955 (3) - Change to normal section and add finish. Sounds nice :)
Topic Starter
Bobo_old

DragonSparta wrote:

Én garde!
Just some suggestions

Ascension To Heaven
01:14:129 (1) - Maybe make this pointing to "heaven" :) ? Hmm.. nah, I like it how it is \:D/
01:23:279 (1) - Make this the same slider speed as (2) ? Good idea, that's a problem I'll have to fix. I have a heap of sudden SV changes that I'll have to deal with sooner or later.
02:19:229 (35) - Maybe shorten this by 1/8 and add a note with a finish ? Nah, but thanks for the suggestion.
02:22:829 (1,2,3,4,5) - Star formation? Rearranged the combo and turned (5) into a pentagon.
________________________________________________________________________________
+EDIT+
01:29:729 (4) - Align this with (2) ? Moved a couple things around ;O
02:32:429 (1) - Add whistle ? Nah
02:34:955 (3) - Change to normal section and add finish. Sounds nice :) YES! I like it xD

All seems so perfect~
Speechless :| .///.
Good Luck!
Thanks for the mod x3
L_P
sorry..bobo, im not good at instrumental, star for now
Topic Starter
Bobo_old

L_P wrote:

sorry..bobo, im not good at instrumental, star for now
S'alright, thanks anyway.
Akiyama Mizuki
I want to make Hyper one
damn song yeah
Topic Starter
Bobo_old

bbj0920 wrote:

I want to make Hyper one
damn song yeah
Hey umm..
Okay go ahead and map it but please don't get upset if I dont like it and reject it.
I'll still put a link to it in the map description.
Akiyama Mizuki
yeah I got it bobo
Low
Could I make a difficulty? ._.
Topic Starter
Bobo_old

Jacob wrote:

xsrsbsns
Great map, a few suggestions (I hadn't noticed this was in wip.. well I'll just post anyway, don't kd if they're useless)

[The Stairway]
00:42:329 (X) - Start streaming here. (ie. add 2 notes)
01:04:679 (5) - This sounds/plays weird to me. Extend this by 1/2?
01:33:629 (2) - Not stacked properly.

I would use more new combos in that kiai big stream, but that's just me.
And maybe you can add some different patterns in your streams too. Don't wanna sound like a critic, but comparing to how you mapped the front part, the streaming parts behind felt pretty dull. (of course, I'm not complaining because streams alone are sexy enough)
Topic Starter
Bobo_old

xsrsbsns wrote:

Great map, a few suggestions (I hadn't noticed this was in wip.. well I'll just post anyway, don't kd if they're useless)

[The Stairway]
00:42:329 (X) - Start streaming here. (ie. add 2 notes) hmmm.... nah
01:04:679 (5) - This sounds/plays weird to me. Extend this by 1/2? sure
01:33:629 (2) - Not stacked properly. grid nazi :x

I would use more new combos in that kiai big stream, but that's just me. The max score is 19m, gotta be careful with new combos and shit
And maybe you can add some different patterns in your streams too. Don't wanna sound like a critic, but comparing to how you mapped the front part, the streaming parts behind felt pretty dull. (of course, I'm not complaining because streams alone are sexy enough)
Thanks for modding :3
Rue

Bobo wrote:

The max score is 19m, gotta be careful with new combos and shit
As far as I remember it's not the number of NCs what actually results on the final score, but the amount of notes/sliders placed all along the map. For example, two 1/2 notes would give you 600 plus some bonus as the combo is being gained; and now replace the notes with a 1/2 slider, which gonna fill in the exactly same space as notes did. In this case the score gained for this tiny piece of map reduces to 300, the maximum of one correctly played slider.
Now imagine what happens when you replace a stream consisting of, say, 16 1/4 notes, each adding 300, with one or a few repeat 1/4 sliders. That gonna simplify some patterns, ofc, but still you save some on that enormously increasing score amount.

tl;dr: Don't worry bout NCs.

Oh and yup, TAKE THAT! \:D/
Low

Bobo wrote:

Jacob wrote:

wat
Topic Starter
Bobo_old

Rue wrote:

Bobo wrote:

The max score is 19m. I wont place new combos in the deathstream because I am a dumb shit
As far as I remember it's not the number of NCs what actually results on the final score, but the amount of notes/sliders placed all along the map. For example, two 1/2 notes would give you 600 plus some bonus as the combo is being gained; and now replace the notes with a 1/2 slider, which gonna fill in the exactly same space as notes did. In this case the score gained for this tiny piece of map reduces to 300, the maximum of one correctly played slider.
Now imagine what happens when you replace a stream consisting of, say, 16 1/4 notes, each adding 300, with one or a few repeat 1/4 sliders. That gonna simplify some patterns, ofc, but still you save some on that enormously increasing score amount.

tl;dr: Don't worry bout NCs

Oh and yup, TAKE THAT! \:D/
Hmm, thanks for explaining that.
I'll go place a few NCs to decrease the map's difficulty as the last note in a combo rewards more health than other notes.

Oh, and thanks for the star x3
Shiirn

Bobo wrote:

I'll go place a few NCs to decrease the map's difficulty as the last note in a combo rewards more health than other notes.
unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

it's pretty much impossible to map ascension to heaven with the huge deathstream and keep it under 18-19million.
Topic Starter
Bobo_old

Shiirn wrote:

Bobo wrote:

unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

it's pretty much impossible to map ascension to heaven with the huge deathstream and keep it under 18-19million.
I've been told the max rankable score is 20m ;O
show more