forum

Pokemon - Vermillion City

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Starrodkirby86
Hello~

I can't give a complete modding considering you still have a long ways to go.

First things first, I'll answer all your questions:

1. are my beats well-placed?
Not bad for a newbie! However, they are not intuitive enough to stand up on its own, unfortunately. I recommend you turning on Distance Snap. This will make the notes equidistant depending on its timing. This makes it look prettier, work well, and etc. Your spacing isn't bad though right now. (In a way)

2. is it too short?
It's a fine length. There's a beatmap that's like 30 seconds. This works just fine.

3. what difficulty would you consider this?
I would consider it being a [Hard] or an [Insane] (A really easy one though).

My own comments...This song is too repetitive for its own good. I wouldn't have an issue with this regularly, but the volume for the song is so high that its instruments kind of rape my ears...

I recommend you ending at 00:45:71 (x). Where you end right now is VERY unfulfilling.

That is one cool skin. Is that one of the available skins on here or did you make it yourself?

I think you should change artist...Find the one who did this version of Vermillion City. I know it's not the original. If you can't find it, simply change it to Junichi Masuda. Then do a Full Resubmission.

If you found this post helpful, please give kudosu! To give kudosu, click on the link below my contact information on this post that says 'No kudosu given yet, Award kudosu', or something of that nature.

Good luck. :)
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Hello~

I can't give a complete modding considering you still have a long ways to go.

First things first, I'll answer all your questions:

1. are my beats well-placed?
Not bad for a newbie! However, they are not intuitive enough to stand up on its own, unfortunately. I recommend you turning on Distance Snap. This will make the notes equidistant depending on its timing. This makes it look prettier, work well, and etc. Your spacing isn't bad though right now. (In a way)

2. is it too short?
It's a fine length. There's a beatmap that's like 30 seconds. This works just fine.

3. what difficulty would you consider this?
I would consider it being a [Hard] or an [Insane] (A really easy one though).

My own comments...This song is too repetitive for its own good. I wouldn't have an issue with this regularly, but the volume for the song is so high that its instruments kind of rape my ears...

I recommend you ending at 00:45:71 (x). Where you end right now is VERY unfulfilling.

That is one cool skin. Is that one of the available skins on here or did you make it yourself?

I think you should change artist...Find the one who did this version of Vermillion City. I know it's not the original. If you can't find it, simply change it to Junichi Masuda. Then do a Full Resubmission.

If you found this post helpful, please give kudosu! To give kudosu, click on the link below my contact information on this post that says 'No kudosu given yet, Award kudosu', or something of that nature.

Good luck. :)
ok.

1. i thought i had distance snap on, but i guess when replacing a slider with a circle, it got all wierd.

2. ok great, i thought it would be too short.

3. so, now i know its difficulty. any suggestions for making it easier?

4. (your comments) ok, i'll just make the volume lower, usually i just have my volume on low, so thanks for telling me that.

about the skin, i took the XiStyle skin and added a lot of pokemon stuff to it. the hitcircle overlay, the numbers and part of the cursor is what stayed the same, oh and the spinner BG

and i set the preffered skin to XiStyle, so if you have it, it uses it (i think).

also the approach circle i got from i think the okami skin and the slider follow circle i got from the ipod theme
Starrodkirby86
Wow...you borrowed quite a lot of stuff. :P

If you're planning to make an easier difficulty, just follow a 1/1 (or quarter beat) pattern with an occasional 1/2 (or eighth) here and there. Don't forget about them sliders, yeah yeah. It's best to play easier difficulties in other beatmaps too to get a feel of them; same goes for whatever other difficulties you're hunting down for.
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Wow...you borrowed quite a lot of stuff. :P

If you're planning to make an easier difficulty, just follow a 1/1 (or quarter beat) pattern with an occasional 1/2 (or eighth) here and there. Don't forget about them sliders, yeah yeah. It's best to play easier difficulties in other beatmaps too to get a feel of them; same goes for whatever other difficulties you're hunting down for.
yea, i use XiStyle as my default, so i thought it would look good.

also, thanks for the help/ideas. again. ;)

EDIT: updated it a little, lowered volume, added a couple notes. still need to fix spacing

EDIT2: i just checked and it looks like all the beats are within distance snap range, unless one looks specifically weird to you.
also updated osz file so name of song is correct.

EDIT3: added a medum difficulty.

EDIT4: i just realized, i made that mp3. converted it from the midi. do i put myself as the author? or just leave it like that?
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo
now i have 3 difficulties. anyone wana tell me how to improve?
EBAfan101
I would make this a little longer. I am not much of a mod dude, but here are some tips?

Add a spinner at the end of songs.

Add an easy difficulty
Trainer: Great...

Elite Four: I am not sure if it's me, but I think the spacing is a little off. Some beats are... eh... but yeah, they are fine

Champion: Fine

Great job! Great skin BTW =) Starred!
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo

EBAfan101 wrote:

I would make this a little longer. I am not much of a mod dude, but here are some tips?

Add an easy difficulty

Elite Four: I am not sure if it's me, but I think the spacing is a little off. Some beats are... eh... but yeah, they are fine

o tyvm. :D

also im going to add Youngster Mode (easy) and Gym (medium-hard) Mode.

also i'll look at E4 Spacing. It was the first one i did, so it probably is off a little.

EDIT: should i add more to the skin? like the HP bar, and other things?

EDIT2: i could also loop the song again to make it ~45sec longer. then i could add more beats.

EDIT3: fixed spacing on E4 Mode.
EBAfan101

BananasGoMoo wrote:

EBAfan101 wrote:

Add an easy difficulty

also i'll look at E4 Spacing. It was the first one i did, so it probably is off a little.

EDIT2: i could also loop the song again to make it ~45sec longer. then i could add more beats.

Yeah try to loop it. The skin is fine, the HP is... yeah so edit that a little.Maybe add the Green, yellow, and red color, similar to Pokemon =)
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo

EBAfan101 wrote:

BananasGoMoo wrote:

EBAfan101 wrote:

Add an easy difficulty

Yeah try to loop it. The skin is fine, the HP is... yeah so edit that a little.Maybe add the Green, yellow, and red color, similar to Pokemon =)

ok well i added Youngster Mode. and now i'm gunna work on the HP.

gunna make it look like pokemon yellow HP.
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo
updated it last night, i added some more skin changes, mostly from the "Pokemon Gen 1" skin somewhere on the forums.

EDIT: more feedback please.
Starrodkirby86
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Nachy
Love the skin. Great work on that.

Trainer - Perfect, no problems.

Elite 4 - Pretty great also, just one minor problem, on 00:03:33, note 6 ends at the same time of slider 5. Move it a bit or remove it.

Champion - No problems. Pretty good and fun.
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo
ty everyone who's replied so far.

also, Starrodkirby, my sliders are wierd because sometimes when i save they change randomly, and i don't understand why. but i'm going to work on fixing everything you said so far.
0_o

BananasGoMoo wrote:

also, Starrodkirby, my sliders are wierd because sometimes when i save they cange randomly, and i don't understand why. but i'm going to work on fixing everything you said so far.
Is this the problem you've been having?

Not a bad map for a first timer, I'll give it a formal mod later.
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo

0_o wrote:

BananasGoMoo wrote:

also, Starrodkirby, my sliders are wierd because sometimes when i save they cange randomly, and i don't understand why. but i'm going to work on fixing everything you said so far.
Is this the problem you've been having?

Not a bad map for a first timer, I'll give it a formal mod later.

yes thats the problem. thanks. :D

also thanks, i'm surprised how many people say its good for a first map.

is there another way to end a slider besides right-clicking?

Updated: Updated all difficulties.

To-do: Gym Difficulty.
fufe
Funny skinning. I are amused.

Champion
00:02:738- add hit to mimic? [ 00:00:47 (2,3,4) - ]
00:11:19 (4,5) - too far
00:14:04 (5,6,7) - can you pull these down so tehy dont overlap the fading notes?
00:26:19 (10) - improper stacking. look at how the triple hit before it overlaps. also. dont new combo till next slider?
00:30:95 (3) - ^
In general I would rather see more sliders rather than 13 hit single beat combos everywhere.

elite 4
00:03:333- deserves a hit.
00:03:80 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2) - i think this looks beyond ugly. use spacing rules u used here-> 00:09:04 (1,2) - ?
00:12:85 (6) - spacing
00:20:71 (8,9) - ^
00:24:52 (1,2,3,4) - ugly again. then it doesnt make sense with where you put 5
00:29:99 (7) - nasty spacing again.
Again you should really try to normalize spacing. There were like 3 different kinds of irregular spacing even though the song is pretty repetitive on its own. My new preference of a solution is drop everything on grid snap 2. Also, This felt pretty much the same as champion.

trainer-
00:20:95 (7,1,2) - awkward sliders to me. suggestion
00:20:95 (7) - slider here, end where 1 starts.
00:21:90 (1) - new slider here, end on next white.
00:22:85 (2) - reduce so that it ends at (00:24:761, making the repeat point 00:23:809)
00:25:476 this free space could be another small slider or a triple hit
salrite. kinda boring but youll get that with this kind of difficulty. You would get much further if you could make much cleaner shapes and patterns with your hits. The spacing is fine but it kinda plays off as ugly.

Good progression =D

edit- what exactly were you trying to get at with the slider ends question? I usually just plant them then move the anchor points afterwards.

also. I advise to not add more difficulties, especially for a first map. It multiplies the work for modders and the mapper. Lazy modders might see 5 difficulties then just look for easier kudos =p Keep it simple for your first one imo. Maybe even merge the two hard difficulties.

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

its instruments kind of rape my ears...
:)
teehee!
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo
fufe
Rapid modding actionactionaction.

champion
00:03:33 (5,6,7,8) - This sounds off to me. Try reversing it - moving the sliders to where 5 is. then put 5 in the empty space. It should match the music better?
00:19:04 (9,1) - unfair jump.
00:36:66 (8) - spacing.. kinda.
00:41:66 (4,5) - reverse order again.

elite-
00:02:61 (4,5,6,7,1) - move around so they dont overlap? Generally i think it is preferable you do not do partial overlaps when you dont need to.

trainer-
00:10:23 (6) - sounds terrible =x
00:20:95 - still sounds nasty to me =( i like my suggestion. If you insist on keepthing this way at least move 00:21:90 (1) - up 1/2

would you like me to do a spacing runthrough for you and give you the .osu's?
Topic Starter
BananasGoMoo

fufe wrote:

Rapid modding actionactionaction.

champion
00:03:33 (5,6,7,8) - This sounds off to me. Try reversing it - moving the sliders to where 5 is. then put 5 in the empty space. It should match the music better?
00:19:04 (9,1) - unfair jump.
00:36:66 (8) - spacing.. kinda.
00:41:66 (4,5) - reverse order again.

elite-
00:02:61 (4,5,6,7,1) - move around so they dont overlap? Generally i think it is preferable you do not do partial overlaps when you dont need to.

trainer-
00:10:23 (6) - sounds terrible =x
00:20:95 - still sounds nasty to me =( i like my suggestion. If you insist on keepthing this way at least move 00:21:90 (1) - up 1/2

would you like me to do a spacing runthrough for you and give you the .osu's?

first of all, i still need to do these suggestions but on the trainer one, i did change it like you said to, i thought.

Anyways, TO THE EDITOR.

and yes, a spacing thing would be helpful.

EDIT: updated & ty
show more