forum

osu!wiki project

posted
Total Posts
show more
[Dellirium]

tiper wrote:

Just realized that russian wiki is filled with lots of original content.
Thanks to TicClick, Sh1ni and some more people for that!
Nathanael
I have made some changes on the articles of the team so any changes on the template will be also applied on the language-specific articles.
Its a real pain to update every language article just for a minor change... >_<

Global Moderation Team: Global Moderation Team/Members
To apply it on the language article, type the code below, including the custom table header names:
{{Global_Moderation_Team/Members|Names=...|Languages=...|Area=...}}
Language Moderators: Language Moderators/Members
To apply it on the language article, type the code below, including the custom table header names:
{{Language_Moderators/Members|Channel=...|Subforum=...|Operators=...}}
Beatmap Appreciation Team: Beatmap Appreciation Team/Members
{{Beatmap_Appreciation_Team/Members|Names=...|Modes=...|Languages=...}}
osu! Alumni: osu! Alumni/Members
{{Osu!_Alumni/Members|Names=...|Epitaph=...}}
Support Team: Support Team/Members
{{Support_Team/Members|Names=...|Languages=...}}
Simply change "..." to the text you will replace on the default ones. ;)
This is just a part of my changes but I wanted to confirm first if its okay. :|

Extra

Profile Template: Template:Profile
Use this template to automatically create links to user profiles, displaying as a plain link (no icons).
{{Profile|<UserID>|<Name>}}
Simply replace <UserID> with the user's ID and <Name> as the name of the profile link like the example below.
{{Profile|2295078|Nathanael}}
If the username has brackets ("[" or "]"), put the <nowiki> code.
{{Profile|2295078|<nowiki>[ Nathanael ]</nowiki>}}
I'll be trying to make more useful templates at the future.
Derekku
Guys, there's no wiki page for Pippi. :? :o :(
peppy
make it happen.
- Marco -
AWB says that my password is incorrect but when i type in chrome in works :c
RaikireHiuduo

Derekku wrote:

Guys, there's no wiki page for Pippi. :? :o :(

peppy wrote:

make it happen.
Gimmie pippi plushie first. 8-)

On unrelated note: I am back~

EDIT: ⑨! (Yes, I ran outta gas, help).
deadbeat

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

On unrelated note: I am back~
welcome back. glad to have you back o/
RaikireHiuduo
Regarding Mascots (Draft) page, anyone got any idea to fill in those blanks? Should I use wild guessing?
deadbeat
could replace Age with Day joined or something similar and replace affiliation with creator?
deadbeat
is there a greek flag on the wiki? i tried using [[File:Gr.gif]], but no flag appeared :<
Sapphiire_old_1

deadbeat wrote:

is there a greek flag on the wiki? i tried using [[File:Gr.gif]], but no flag appeared :<
I dont see one ;w;

Btw i can translate some stuff to dutch if needed
Howl

SoG Tava wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

I dont see one ;w;

Btw i can translate some stuff to dutch if needed
Don't ask to, just do that. osu!wiki needs contents, and the contents need to be translated. If you feel like you have time to do that and you want to contribute to the wiki, just do it. The edit link is right there.
Sapphiire_old_1

Finished translating the CTB section ~ will do more stuff later on
Repflez

deadbeat wrote:

There's still more flags to upload. I don't know how many aren't uploaded yet but if a flag is not uploaded, feel free to upload it.
RaikireHiuduo
*boom*

Reason: Found the (simple) answer. Will push to Mascots after deleting some stuffs.
XPJ38
If no official names have been provided, simply don't write or come up with anything.
And anyway they don't have to have real names, Agent J is nameless yet nobody cares.
XPJ38
I've fixed a bug with the Profile template that caused the username not having its last character inside the link if it was a closing square bracket (for example, the username Popo[Mikoto] in the MWC 2014 article was displayed as Popo[Mikoto] )

On the other hand, this fix makes it that Profile now ignores all formatting tags inside the template (this is the reason I made this diff). Does it sound okay to you?
Repflez

XPJ38 wrote:

I've fixed a bug with the Profile template that caused the username not having its last character inside the link if it was a closing square bracket (for example, the username Popo[Mikoto] in the MWC 2014 article was displayed as Popo[Mikoto] )

On the other hand, this fix makes it that Profile now ignores all formatting tags inside the template (this is the reason I made this diff). Does it sound okay to you?
Seems logical. It's a bad idea to add the formatting inside templates like that.

XPJ38 wrote:

If no official names have been provided, simply don't write or come up with anything.
And anyway they don't have to have real names, Agent J is nameless yet nobody cares.
I think that Agent J (as in the character) is still copyrighted to Nintendo. Probably they won't care unless their main franchises are begin used for "evil" with it.
RaikireHiuduo
(Insert EBA's "HELP" scream here)

Sampleset & Additions in Compose = ? + Auto?

CustomSet & Use basic sample (osu!mania) = ?

Divided beats (from Beat Snap Divisor) names = ?. Found on Compose menu.

----
Unrelated: Why does my post date stated it's 15 hours ago when I just posted this?
Howl

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

Unrelated: Why does my post date stated it's 15 hours ago when I just posted this?
PHP says the time in a timezone that isn't your, and javascript says the difference from the time on your timezone and the one displayed with PhpBB without considering timezones :P Go here to fix that: ucp.php?i=165
RaikireHiuduo
Fix/Remove http://osu.ppy.sh/p/faq/?n=5 from http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/FAQ to http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Beatmapping for Beatmap Editor Help's "View FAQ..." as per 4 months ago request. It's already a year way overdue for a simple C&P linkfix.

P.S. The 4 months ago is my discovery time. One year is an estimate since the day the original /p/FAQ dissolved into osu!wiki.
Repflez

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

Fix/Remove http://osu.ppy.sh/p/faq/?n=5 from http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/FAQ to http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Beatmapping for Beatmap Editor Help's "View FAQ..." as per 4 months ago request. It's already a year way overdue for a simple C&P linkfix.

P.S. The 4 months ago is my discovery time. One year is an estimate since the day the original /p/FAQ dissolved into osu!wiki.
You should raise an issue at support for that. It's probably low priority to fix that since who still uses that link? Pretty much every translated language should link to the Beatmapping article by now.
Nathanael
Requesting Main Page update.
I have created the article Registration for people who don't know how to register even it's already easy.
And to let some people create a registration guide for other languages.
Demmon

Nathanael wrote:

I have created the article Registration for people who don't know how to register even it's already easy.
I'll translate it in french
Repflez

Nathanael wrote:

I have created the article Registration in case of people don't know how to register even it's already easy.
Done.

Reminder for me to ask peppy for a new wiki group so specific people can edit the main page without having to request it.
[Dellirium]
> osu!wiki moderator
ahem.
Repflez

[Dellirium] wrote:

> osu!wiki moderator
ahem.
I was talking on allowing Global Moderators bypass the editing lock on the Main Page because the protection currently works on the "all-or-nothing" permissions (Everyone or only wiki mods). Is that bad now?
[Dellirium]

Repflez wrote:

[Dellirium] wrote:

> osu!wiki moderator
ahem.
I was talking on allowing Global Moderators bypass the editing lock on the Main Page because the protection currently works on the "all-or-nothing" permissions (Everyone or only wiki mods). Is that bad now?
This is a good idea. Since we have the Bureaucrat flag, we can just give Administrator flag to all mods, so they can edit all locked pages (and ban users on the wiki)
Actually I've just surprised about your title,because I should have it too, kekeke :oops:
Repflez

[Dellirium] wrote:

This is a good idea. Since we have the Bureaucrat flag, we can just give Administrator flag to all mods, so they can edit all locked pages (and ban users on the wiki)
Because how permissions are done on the wiki, it's probably a thing to do if the additional group isn't made.

[Dellirium] wrote:

Actually I've just surprised about your title,because I should have it too, kekeke :oops:
PM Ephemeral or Loctav about that. Be sure to give proof (and that peppy post) since your wiki username is different form the site.
- Nyurin -
I've posted https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/231728%20this in Feature Requests yesterday,
then I found that there's a osu!Wiki thread here.

I am not sure if this is the place to request a new feature in osu!Wiki, so if I came to wrong place please tell me and I will delete this post ASAP.

It's a suggestion about {{DISPLAYTITLE}} template.
Repflez

- Nyurin - wrote:

I've posted https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/231728%20this in Feature Requests yesterday,
then I found that there's a osu!Wiki thread here.

I am not sure if this is the place to request a new feature in osu!Wiki, so if I came to wrong place please tell me and I will delete this post ASAP.

It's a suggestion about {{DISPLAYTITLE}} template.
You should have read what I posted in the thread. Is up to peppy to make it work. If he doesn't enable it, I'll search for a way to make something similar.
- Nyurin -

Repflez wrote:

You should have read what I posted in the thread. Is up to peppy to make it work. If he doesn't enable it, I'll search for a way to make something similar.
I've read it, but I don't know what could I do next. Should I mail peppy?
peppy
I've updated the config (temporarily). Let me know if it works now.
Deimos

peppy wrote:

I've updated the config (temporarily). Let me know if it works now.
works fine
peppy
Awesome. I'll make it a permanent change.
Repflez
It works. Tried with Sandbox-6 and the title changed.
- Nyurin -
Thanks, peppy!
Nathanael
Cool!
Neil Watts
Thank you very much! :)

First modifications
- Marco -
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/index.php?title ... es&success

Clicking the tabs don't do anything :c
show more