forum

Swapping hitsounded notes with ctrl+g

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11
Topic Starter
Bonsai
When I swap a slider that is hitsounded with ctrl+g in the editor, the hitsounds swap too, so they are still at the same time. Perfect. But swapping two circles doesn't do that, so the hitsounds are at the wrong time, which messed me up many times now because I didn't notice this behaviour earlier.
Request: Make swapping hitsounded circles behave the same way sliders do

Alternatively, you can blame me for object-mapping and hitsounding a whole map before positioning the objects :dead:
Topic Starter
Bonsai
uuuh bump? o:
DW10
I'm neutral.

Hitsounds should be specific to the map, or otherwise sound completely ridiculous.
Myxo
I agree, this behaviour has bothered me too in the past... Support :3

DW10 wrote:

I'm neutral.

Hitsounds should be specific to the map, or otherwise sound completely ridiculous.
Ehh sorry, but I don't think you understood what Bonsai was talking about...
Mao
Oh yeah, I messed up horribly with this already lol
Ameth Rianno
Maybe a great idea, tho.
Flanster
Another key bind though, Ctrl+G is reverse selection.
Myxo

LoliFlan wrote:

Another key bind though, Ctrl+G is reverse selection.
Then the reverse selection should atleast be the same for sliders too.
Bara-
Yes
I've had multiple occassions it really messed me up
Okoratu
bumping because I don't see the benefit switching hitsounding when applying Reverse Selection to circles.

hitsounds on objects are almost always placed on purpose and should stay in the moment where they were placed.
I've never understood that behaviour to begin with
Myxo
The problem is, say you have an 1/1-slider and then a circle with an 1/2-gap, if you ctrl+g them together the beats won't be at the same positions, so you can't just leave the hitsounds where they were.
Endaris
I didn't know about this, sooner or later I would have fallen for this too o.o
*throws star*
Topic Starter
Bonsai

Desperate-kun wrote:

The problem is, say you have an 1/1-slider and then a circle with an 1/2-gap, if you ctrl+g them together the beats won't be at the same positions, so you can't just leave the hitsounds where they were.
Ooh, I see :c
But maybe there's a way to apply the hitounds to the sequence of notes rather than the timestamps? So like in your example, 'sliderhead=first note got hitsound A, slidertail=second note got hitsound B, circle=third note got hitsound C', and it stays like this no matter what the intervals turn out to be? This way swapping equal intervals would work, and who swaps different intervals anyways lol
Myxo

Bonsai wrote:

Desperate-kun wrote:

and who swaps different intervals anyways lol
I do all the time when mapping, not hitsounded bits though as that wouldn't make much sense, you are right :b
Seijiro
Full support. It's really annoying.
The best option I found so far is keeping a diff called "hitsounds" where I place just circles stacked in one place, this way I can use the hitsound copier afterwards, but it still can create messes and it takes time too to place all those objects just for the sake of 2 hirsounds not swapping...