3. Official definition of Platter
  4. Official definition of Rain
  5. Official definition of Overdose
  6. Statement about the case of Deluge

Consensus

1. Not yet =(
Old discussion
ursa (Aug 22 at 17:37)

*Gonna making my document about the ctb diff spread generally based from my side opinion . i hope it can helpfull

---

ZHSteven (Feb 14, 2014 at 04:50)

@Drafura: good idea. let me start first

Cup:
generally dashes is no need in this level, but you can still introduce them if there is a need.
Please make sure they are separate and independently, for new comers get used to it quickly.
*Of course Hyperdash is not allowed in Cup.

tend to make everybody happy.

Salad:

Dashes start to use normally, but generally no hyperdash with dashes can be introduced.
you can still use hyperdash notes, but make sure they are separately and independently.

tend to make people get used to dashes, or even hyperdashes, Making them quickly adapt to the play style for CTB.

Platter:

hyperdash can be used between dashes, also with the help of higher ARs and CSs, 1/2 jump patterns start to appear in this level smoothly, but they are separately and independently.

tend to make people understand the difference between a transferring CTB diff and a specific CTB diff, so the unique patterns in specific CTB map should start to be introduced in this standard level.

Rain:

the difficulty of this level have increased significantly due to the appearance of the massive 1/2 hyperdash pattern together with all kinds of interesting jumps. only the extreme patterns is forbidden to use.

tend to make every pro player enjoy this diff.

Overdose:

it is over-dose, so the difficulty of this level will be far beyond the standard levels. massive extreme patterns can be apply into this level, makes people hand-break or else.

tend to challenge the limit for monster players.

Deleuge:

A different style comparing with Overdose, which focusing on hyperdashes and jumping streams more than overdose, which means there will be a lot of anti-flow jumps and patterns here comparing with overdose.

---

Drafura (Feb 14, 2014 at 02:22)

Ok I started adding the ideas here. Hmm I was thinking about, instead of "not chained" things maybe we could say something easier like no (or slight) movements in the next fruit after the Dash/HDash ? (just an idea)

---

ZHSteven (Feb 14, 2014 at 01:33)

Salad of course can have Hyperdashes if it is suitable. but after or before Hyperdash there shouldn't be any dashes there.

So dose Cup, we can allow some suitable dashes, but make sure they are independent.

Edit: about Deluge and overdose,
My original thoughts is, Deluge is just a different style(maybe hyperdash spamming?) than overdose. There should not a difference in difficulty between them, since they all performing as "expert" difficulty.

---

Krah (Feb 13, 2014 at 01:20)

Added also something related to deluge diff
We need to know if :

Deluge = diff harder than an overdose in a mapset
Deluge = ar10
Something else ?

---

Deif (Feb 13, 2014 at 01:20)

I guess the problem was that the dashes added in Salads weren't challenging enough, based on the fact that dashes close to HDash are harder than HDashes per se. There could still be jumps close to Dash in Cups that could pass the "dash test", so I don't know if we should just forget about that stupid test or not lol

---

Drafura (Feb 13, 2014 at 01:12)

Well, I started with HD on salads to know about cups in fact.
If HD are in salads then it makes more sense to have dashes in cups (mapped the same way as hypers for salads obviously)

---

Deif (Feb 13, 2014 at 01:09)

Then, let's start for the beginning: - Cup: Will we still do the "Dash test" to prove it's a Cup? Or will some dashes be allowed?

---

Drafura (Feb 13, 2014 at 01:05)

Yes also, I think Krah's post could be a good start (instead of rewritting everything). So we can discuss each point and release an offcial version of the spread afterwhile.

---

Deif (Feb 13, 2014 at 01:03)

We could allow just a few that can be read well, and with a reasonable rhythm (max 1/2). Having no HDash in a Salad could make the spread quite unbalanced sometimes.

---

Drafura (Feb 13, 2014 at 00:54)

You wasn't even born when I wrote this Krah: p/1963861

A big question I have is: Are HD allowed in salad diffs ? (I think it should, for the learning curve)

---

Deif (Feb 13, 2014 at 00:49)

I wrote this a year ago or so in my userpage, but it was just the 1st approximation to an official definition: http://puu.sh/6TR7x.png

---

Krah (Feb 13, 2014 at 00:44)

Already commented before by :
p/2716821 Krah
p/2717298 ZHSteven
Can't find Deif and Drafura

---

Deif (Feb 13, 2014 at 00:05)

The objective is to make an official definition of which are the differences between X and Y difficulty. Some modders/mappers still label some diffs wrongly.
Kurokami
Let's try to revive this thread and start a discussion. From my 1 year old experience in CtB mapping and modding I think the spreads can be revised a little. I personally think we can increase the difficulty of the levels a little.
Cup:
Few very easy jump can be used during the kiai to increase its hardness.

*I think if we allow some jump on Cup the community will be more pleasured. And also, CtB is all about jumps, the players can only feel the rhythm through jumps. Using different distances while the notes are still catchables w/o dash basically makes a little difference. I'm not saying dashes must be used or we should allow them all the times, but at least allow the choice of using them in a ranked mapset would be nice if they fit.
Salad:
Same as on Cup but with HDashes. They must be easy enough and one difficulty must only contains a few of them (maybe under 5) and only during kiai (or at kiai start).

*As the current Platters are contains too many HDashes and they still feels good I think we should introduce the HDashes on an earlier level. Setting an exact number can solve the problem of abusing them too much. Of course, deciding whether a dash can stay or should be wiped out is still up on the BATs.

I have nothing to say about the other difficulties for now. Let's discuss these for now.