forum

[Archived] pp problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
timiimit
Problem Details:

Yesterday i was playing osu and got from 685pp to 735pp. Today I started playing and saw that it was back to 685pp!! I'm raging over here... my rank went about 5k down D:

osu! version: 20140226.5 (latest)
IA1st
Same happened to me. I had 1040 pp and now im at 994.
Syden
I'm not sure if its the same thing, but me and one other person that i know of have also had our PP go down by a decent amount.
george111cz
Just finished playing new song for the first time, went from 967 to 953, interesting :-)
Jeffreyvl
-
drakola3000
You're lucky to have lost that few pp, i lost ~3.5k pp and ~55k rank in catch the beat :(
Samui_old_1

drakola3000 wrote:

You're lucky to have lost that few pp, i lost ~3.5k pp and ~55k rank in catch the beat :(
I believe that is due to pp algorithm changes.
Marcin
There was algorithm change geez.
Flanster
CALM YER SHORTS AND WAIT
george111cz

Marcin wrote:

There was algorithm change geez.
Obviously really well communicated to the community :-)
Marcin
george111cz

Marcin wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/changelog
Hehe, my bad, sorry :-)

Edit: At least i know where to look next time something seems weird, thanks :-)
Athrophia
I just went from 25300 to 27500 lost about 70 pp, I don't get it as well, wait and see i guess =)
Jeffreyvl
-
Bauxe

AkiraOsu wrote:

Can someone explain to me how the scores of inactive players will start to drop PP as well? Otherwise Imma afk right now and be top 10 in just 2 years :D
You clearly need to read better.

You're PP changed due to an algorithm change, and thus dropped. This applies to everyone. Some people will gain PP and some people will lose PP. This goes for both inactive players (who are hidden from ranking) and active players.

You aren't losing PP for playing.
Jeffreyvl
-
GamingJuli
Wait, the way i understood this is, that if someone gets pp i will lose some. Is that what u want to say?
Arnold0
I think your PP update each time you finish a map, so inactive players has not been updated. I lost 18 pp but I'm pretty sure it's again an algorithm change.
GamingJuli
hmm that could be possible, but it can't be that i lost more than 70 pp by playing a song on collab. I also dont get any pp from playing difficult songs.. thats seems strange to me
Yojimbo94
I lost 100pp from getting a full combo on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/17670