forum

Idina Menzel - Let It Go

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
furywolf
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, 5 September 2014 at 6:25:24 PM

Artist: Idina Menzel
Title: Let It Go
Source: Frozen
Tags: walt disney elsa
BPM: 137
Filesize: 25492kb
Play Time: 03:37
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3.07 stars, 440 notes)
  2. Insane (3.71 stars, 541 notes)
  3. Normal (1.63 stars, 253 notes)
Download: Idina Menzel - Let It Go
Download: Idina Menzel - Let It Go (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Mapping this out of fun and curiosity
This is only my second map although the first was a disaster so I guess this is my first *proper* attempt
Hope you like it!
Thanks to all the mods and people that supported me
AristoCat_old
OMG OMG OMG OMGO MGOMG OMGOGMOGMOGMGOGMGMOGM OMGG !!!!! MAke this HAPPEN!!! i want this map RANKed!!!! i love this song and movie! :D
Akali
AR should be 8. Song is slow enough for it, you don't want to have AR=10,3 double time with no reason.

Few things that stood out:

00:23:710 (5,6) - overmapped
00:53:601 (9) - would look better if centered
01:00:279 (1) - lot of sounds sound off the timeline after this not, new not-inheriting timing section might be needed. Lot of 1/2s land on blue ticks, which in general means something is probably wrong
Later in the song (3:12) beat starts here for example
Being whole 1/8 off the beat is not good :D
01:27:104 (10) - overmapped, no need for 1/4s
01:49:878 (10) - arguably overmapped

And it's not all sadly. In general lots of places where you could place more notes, many 1/4s feel out of place, paterns could be better visually as well, pretty inconsistent.
AristoCat_old
There are alot of sounds that dosnt belong in the song but in the music video.. you should edit those out.
Topic Starter
furywolf
Thanks for modding akali, you pointed out a lot of things I was unsure of so now I should hopefully be able to fix and edit whatever else I can find
AristoCat_old
01:00:861 is where the wierd sounds that dosnt belong in the song start.
01:06:051 really wierd sound that shouldnt belong in there i think...
AristoCat_old
OrionH
I really like this beatmap but couple of the timings seemed off especially with the triplets. My main concern though was the audio quality. Other Let it Go beatmaps sound a lot better. Is there a way to fix this?
Topic Starter
furywolf
I should be able to have more of the song updated midweek and maybe i'll find another mp3 for it.
I'm starting to get a hang of finding the beats so it should hopefully be better
Drake6_old
I really like this song, and I'm glad you're doing this, I just wanted to point out that the spinner at the end feels awkward in my opinion. Even the single note for that "cling" sound could be omitted, cause the song ends with "cold never bothered me anyway" and that's it, feels anti-climatic or so to say to hit a note and even a spinner after that, that stuff is just an echo.
Driske3
think the timing is realy wrong at some parts, so try this maybe:

Offset: 8273
BPM: 136,863 ...exept two tiny parts this fits the whole song through

and please use a more quality mp3 data :)

love this song, go on :D
Topic Starter
furywolf
Got a better mp3 quality now so I'm just running through the offsets and resnapping things. I think my next update will be once the whole song has been polished though the front may need some work again
Driske3
timing is still offbeat especially at the end

my suggestion:

offset: 14,211
bpm: 137,016
N A T S U M I
OMG I Love this song! thx for making this map even though is not ranked......
Supernatantem
Great map! Although I'm a little unsure of the timings of some things towards the beginning of the maps, I seem to be hitting them at points that feel right yet am getting 50's or 100's and a few of my friends have been saying the same.
However, after the small break where she begins to build the castle, I think you've done an ace job! Maybe just go through and polish up the timings near the beginning?

Hope I've managed to help and I hope you can get this map ranked eventually!
Topic Starter
furywolf
Yea the starting part has always bugged me since it is kinda slow which makes it hard for me to fit in things. I'll try to polish it up more after I finish the hard difficulty but I need another day with the urge to map as much as I can or it may take a while... :(
witwist
Waiting to be ranked :lol:
Caffe_[Latte]

witwist wrote:

Waiting to be ranked :lol:

maybe This can't be ranked cuz Disney's copyright.
Caffe_[Latte]
well... can I add my GD?
Topic Starter
furywolf

Caffe_[Latte] wrote:

well... can I add my GD?
Sorry but since this is my 1st map I prefer to not have any guest difficulties until I'm better at mapping myself
show more