forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Stuck in creating package when uploading my map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IamKwaN
Problem Details:
When I try to upload my map, the process stucks at the 'creating package' stage. I waited for half an hour already but still no repsonse. What can I do?
Edit: I have tried reopen osu already.
Edit: Now, it stucks at a different position at 'creating previews'

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20131216.26 (latest)
Malikil
Mine is stuck at creating previews also, I left it there for half an hour, and it was still just creating previews.
I ran the updater, to make completely sure I had the latest version, tried again, and I still get stuck on creating previews.
The changes to the map seem to be uploading correctly, even when I hit cancel, it just doesn't update the forum thread.
Snow Note
I have the same problem too ;_;
Topic Starter
IamKwaN

coltt5 wrote:

Mine is stuck at creating previews also, I left it there for half an hour, and it was still just creating previews.
I ran the updater, to make completely sure I had the latest version, tried again, and I still get stuck on creating previews.
The changes to the map seem to be uploading correctly, even when I hit cancel, it just doesn't update the forum thread.
Yes, i tried twice. I waited for 5 mins and only some diffs are updated. When i waited for half an hour, all diffs are updated but the forum thread can't be updated.
Hope the the problem can be solved soon.
Xytox
Same thing happens to me. I try to upload a beatmap, and it gets stuck on the "creating previews" bit. It submits the map even if you haven't clicked on the submit button yet, but the map can be corrupt or other silly things if you don't wait for half an hour at least or something. And if you submit a fresh and new beatmap, it fails to create a topic for it.

I noticed while trying a few times to upload the beatmap that osu! doesn't even recognize me being in the "submit"-state in F9 when it gets stuck. It's like it thinks I've already submitted the map even if I haven't even had the chance to click the submit button yet.
Lust
Works fine for me now. Try uploading again. If your mapset has a rather large video, reencode it and try again.
Xytox
It does work again. BSS so good.
Topic Starter
IamKwaN
Can someone explain what is 'reencode'? o.o
Lust
Encoding helps make your video size smaller. If your video filesize is too big, then it won't let you submit. (20mb is the limit I think)

Find a smaller filesize video or remove it entirely.
TheVileOne
The video size is increased to 30 MBs for non-marathon maps I think and 70 MBs for marathon maps. I haven't looked up such information in quite a long time, so i'm not sure about those values.
Malikil
Last I checked, the limit was 24MB, no idea about marathon maps, and it wouldn't even let me start the upload if my video was larger than that.
The upload I was having trouble with before has a video of just over 18MB, and is working fine for me now without me even touching the video. So if your video was already okay, I don't see why you would need to reencode it now.
Topic Starter
IamKwaN
My video doesn't exceed the limit. The problem still exists...
Setz
I am having the same issue, no video on my map, the file size is around 7.5 MB
Ntasuto
Bump~

brilliantstar
Mine is also stuck at creating preview.. can anybody help?
Ntasuto
So I tried to experiment with osu and see if i get it to work.

1. First of all i made a backup of my current map and then deleted the map and redownloaded.I hoped that the map may be already updated but there was a bug showing that it was but it wasnt. the downloaded map was the previous.
2. I opened both of the beatmaps osu files with notepad and compared the metadata but it was the same. no differences.
3. I replaced the current text on the OSU file of the map with the "new" one which i wasnt able to update .
4. Tried to update map. this time i got the "update" button to work and then as the rest i got stuck at the create preview screen.
5. I deleted the map again.( i still have the backup of my newest version of the map)
6. I redownload the map again and voila ! it was the newest version.

It seemed to somehow work and update the map but the create preview thingy stays there for ever :P

so.

the solution i found is.
Backup>delete>redownload>replace text(or the complete file, didnt try that), update > even if it gets stuck at "creating preview" it will still hopefully update the map.

EDIT: I changed something on my map and updated again. i got stuck @ "creating preview" but the map updated successfully ;)
ColdTooth
I'm having the same exact problem. The previous post looks like it works half of the time.

I would wait for minutes when saying "Creating Previews" with all of my text in the box.

Turns out, it was updated already, but the text does not show up and when clicking on "This Beatmap's Thread", the topic does not exist. (Not sure if this is totally different problem, but it relates to this)
Shohei Ohtani
Happens to me too

The completion sound still played too, which was weird.
Lust
I'm still not completely grasping the situation, bss works fine on my end, so either its a problem with your map in particular oray e something completely different.

Have you tried updating a different beatmap?
DJPop
Happen to me most of the time I submit mania maps.
AlexaBM
Xytox
^ Yeee, exactly the same for me now. RIP BSS, we knew you well. You worked for basically one day.
Tsumetaku
+1 Guys

Finally find someone with same problem ;w;

Andrea
Having the same issue as well, can't submit my new beatmap because of this problem.
Topic Starter
IamKwaN
It happens more often than before :?
Enna Alouette
It's happening to me too, once i tried to change the bg on my map orz
TicClick
had the same thing when attempted to update a graved map. after I resurrected it and it was moved to WIP forum, the upload process has always got stuck at "Creating previews..." part, even though all I added was a new difficulty. in the end, after I cancelled it a couple of times, it proceeded to full submit (it was clear that is was re-uploading audio) and got stuck at previews part again. luckily it did update the map that time, even though I had to click cancel to left editor
Andrea
Tried also restarting internet and computer, but nothing changed. :(
Tidek
Is it going to be repaired? Because I cant update my beatmap too -.-
TheVileOne
Not really sure what's going on. But sounds like a server side bug. Tentatively confirming.
Woddles
Trying to upload my first beatmap at the moment, same problem..

Just realised my map actually did upload, even when it was stuck on 'Creating previews...'
Ntasuto
Yay i figured a "better current" solution to this problem
As some people have figured out, when your beatmap is stuck at the " Creating preview" it may sometimes get updated/submited.

it seems that it is always /updated/submited but you jsut need to wait a bit( not wait for "creating preview" to finish)

Just update/Submit your map and then go to your profile page and keep refreshing untill you see that your map got updated submited. then simply close the submiting window and you are done :P

LunaticP
I know if I can get to the "Creating preview" I have to wait about 2-3 mins then I can update my map.

But today I stop at here

DenoisoGoiso

Ntasuto wrote:

Yay i figured a "better current" solution to this problem
As some people have figured out, when your beatmap is stuck at the " Creating preview" it may sometimes get updated/submited.

it seems that it is always /updated/submited but you jsut need to wait a bit( not wait for "creating preview" to finish)

Just update/Submit your map and then go to your profile page and keep refreshing untill you see that your map got updated submited. then simply close the submiting window and you are done :P

nope :p but description is not uploaded :p you are wrong.

"Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview""Creating preview"
i just want to fix it and upload mah map : https://osu.ppy.sh/s/126215
[FantasticMiku]
i have the problem too, but i fixed that..

I have an image set, All thing was the picture not in the Map folder. Then I got the picture of my map in the map folder back in and it worked.

Sorry for my bad english :lol:
Ayesha Altugle
More detailed because I have done it in my map and it worked:

1. Go to your beatmap thread for example
2. Edit the first post of that thread
3. there you can change the beatmap description which is located just beneath the --------------- line
4. simply type in your new description
5. then click post
6. open up your beatmap in the beatmap editor and there you can update your beatmap
7. after that follow Ntasuto's post about the solution of stuck in creating package/previews
[Luanny]
I can't upload a new map because it's stuck on 'Creating previews...'
neonat
When I got stuck on the creating previews part, the map used to get updated and gets shown on my profile. But now that doesn't even happen anymore, I can't get my map updated. I can't even try to update most of the time now...
DJPop

neonat wrote:

When I got stuck on the creating previews part, the map used to get updated and gets shown on my profile. But now that doesn't even happen anymore, I can't get my map updated. I can't even try to update most of the time now...
Confirms, happened to me too.
[Luanny]
yeah, same here
map uploaded but I can't update it and there's no thread for it
Andrea

[Luanny] wrote:

yeah, same here
map uploaded but I can't update it and there's no thread for it
Having the same issues here, can't do anything either.
-Neipezi
too big trouble x_x
i hope this problem is resolved. :(
Shohei Ohtani
This is an on-and-off bug for me. It's been working now, but I've literally done nothing different than what I usually do, lol
[Luanny]
it worked some hours ago and now it's failing again
LunaticP
looks like a lucky draw....
DenoisoGoiso

[Luanny] wrote:

it worked some hours ago and now it's failing again
same D: it's worked... and failing again.

how how who can fix this :(
DenoisoGoiso
Sorry for double post.

now worked o/
Tidek
BSS troll master.
peppy
Seems to be fine now?
[FantasticMiku]
Yes it works.

Love Miku:3
show more