forum

Requirements

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Arcanine
I was thinking of features for osu! and I came up with one.
I searched around the forums for anything similar and I found not too much so here we go~

My idea is requirements on passing the song. It wouldn't be like straight up don't miss or anything but things like:

Pass with a # combo.
Keep your life above 70%.
Beat the song with (mod here) + (mod here)
etc.

I know there are some mods already similar but it's not exactly like if you miss, you die. You get the whole song to try and complete the requirements.

I'm sorry if there's already a post about this, I just like this game and want to share my ideas.

If you have anything in mind to expand this then feel free to leave a post.
-Sapphire_old
It's quite similar to my request, just a more complete version of it. Doesn't seem like a duplicate to me so support!
Knarf
Seems fun, but how the score is calculated in those requirements. 1.06x,1x, or unranked?
ieb

kookookook wrote:

Seems fun, but how the score is calculated in those requirements. 1.06x,1x, or unranked?
I think it's 1x or unranked.
Topic Starter
Arcanine

-Sapphire wrote:

It's quite similar to my request, just a more complete version of it. Doesn't seem like a duplicate to me so support!
Yeah I read yours too! I wasn't sure if this would count as a duplicate so I just put it out there anyways :P
-Sapphire_old
Well, good luck nevertheless!
deadbeat

-Sapphire wrote:

are you talking about the selective perfect mod request, or something else?
Oinari-sama

deadbeat wrote:

-Sapphire wrote:

are you talking about the selective perfect mod request, or something else?
That'll be my guess too.

The biggest difference between this request and the selective mod is that the player has till the end of the song to meet the target. But to make it worth while, the stats needs to be recalculated constantly so that when it's impossible to meet the target anymore, the player fails right there (eg target acc=98% but you've just got a bunch of 50s @3/4 progress and totally killed that possibility).

I don't know how much burden that'll put on the system so I can't comment on the feasibility. I've already made a request for an Accuracy Meter and the feedback I got was that it won't affect the performance too much, but you'll need to have other stats calculations going on at the same time if you want to make this request work...
Mithos
I could imagine if osu! was a console game and these would happen as random bonus events. They would appear before the track begins in a sort of "Go for Perfect!" surprise. I say console, because these bonuses would be useless if we couldn't award players with points, credits, or xp for it. Putting them in an MMO setting however would be unbalanced because there would be those people who constantly farm the events to get the most xp out of their plays.

Cool idea, but I can't see it being done in osu! for very many reasons. I would like to see a rank requirement setting though, where it would auto-retry if you get a C or something.
abraker
Bumping from here. Basically my idea is similar, but the system would automatically calculate if you are able to make a highscore. If not, you fail.