Yes, but not sure
21.43%
Total votes: 14
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Blushing
Understanding The Introduction

Hello,

For those who do not know me I am a LONG time lurker of the OT! forums, only posting once in a blue-moon and my threads don't get much traction, which is fine.

In the past couple of weeks I have seen the air change around how denizen(ship) can be handled. I would also like to expand what parliament does/can do.

The proposal is simple: open up applications for denizenship, the elected president then creates a council (either through elections, much like president is), if a council is not elected then it comes down to the Royal OT! members to elect those they believe would be fitting of the position.

• Understanding The President
  1. President will elect a council.
  2. The number of council members may not exceed 5.
    Titles of the council may be their own, or they can be chosen.
  3. Once the council is picked/elected (president may hold elections/application for council members if they are not decided on their council), they will hold their position until the normal presidency term is over. This position can be taken away through being exiled or if Royal OT! deems them to be of bad descent.

Understanding The Council
  4. Council is there to provide insight, council (heh), and perform any tasks that the president may need/want to get done.
  5. The council, in its first iterations, may be confusing and may not seem like a good option; however, this can be used for other roles such as going for presidency or becoming a leader of a political party. This can also be advantageous for treading the waters to see if you would like to be president and deal with the presidential actions, or if youd like to continue to stay a regular denizen/council-den

Understanding Them Together
  6. The council and the president will evaluate the applications for denizenship as a body and will then take it up to our Holy One: Abraker. If the council and president believe the user should be a denizen and is not a denizen, they may plead their case as to why they should be a denizen.
  7. The president and council will be in charge of creating the application. Note: This application MUST be presented to Abraker for due diligence.
  8. Just to clear the air. Parliament and President DO NOT DECIDE WHETHER USERS BECOME DENIZENS. IT IS SIMPLY ANOTHER WAY FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO BECOME DENIZEN TO GET THEIR VOICES HEARD.

Understanding The Conclusion

In conclusion, this can obviously be discussed, but I would like there to be a more democratic way for denizenship to be handled. Having to be here and make quality post can sometimes be a bit odd when you may have a bunch of quality replies but not a lot of posts.

** If there is anything put in the replies about changing certain aspects to the roles/proposal I will add it to the list, after it receives a good amount of support.
JustABeginner
Basically council works as GMT?
JustABeginner
Where's the "Understanding" selection in the poll? This seems rigged already. 😕
Manishh
You are giving too much power to presidency. This can really go wrong by a political team buying votes by offering people a seat on council.

"Hey, I have 1 vote and you guys give me 5 votes, So I can win the election, in return I will elect you as an council memeber"
Topic Starter
Blushing

Manishh wrote:

You are giving too much power to presidency. This can really go wrong by a political team buying votes by offering people a seat on council.

"Hey, I have 1 vote and you guys give me 5 votes, So I can win the election, in return I will elect you as an council memeber"
A quick work around to this is that all council members are elected just like president. But it is a lot to plan 1 election, let alone 2-4 more. So I left it that the president may elect them or make a poll.

JustABeginner wrote:

Basically council works as GMT?
No? They don't do anything but help the president in their endeavors and evaluate applications for denizenship. If the application is good or they (the council) think they deserve denizenship then they can take it up with abraker/royal OT, rather than wait for them to be noticed.
Manishh
If you dont know, there is already a system like this in OT!, its called "parliament". Parliament election happens after 6month of president election. People vote for who they wanna elect and top 4 member gets elected.
Patatitta
this doesn't fix any problems with denizenship, the problem is that it is a meaningless title, with highly subjective requirements, that does nothing other than to create drama
Topic Starter
Blushing

Manishh wrote:

If you dont know, there is already a system like this in OT!, its called "parliament". Parliament election happens after 6month of president election. People vote for who they wanna elect and top 4 member gets elected.
Yes. This is true, this is the parliament. Though, I guess the council and parliament are the same just expanding their powers. I did not use the right nomenclature, but yes.
Topic Starter
Blushing

Patatitta wrote:

this doesn't fix any problems with denizenship, the problem is that it is a meaningless title, with highly subjective requirements, that does nothing other than to create drama
Making the title more dilute, as in giving more people the title should help with it being dramatic and make feeling of wanting it a little more less of a superiority thing or create drama.
Patatitta

Blushing wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Making the title more dilute, as in giving more people the title should help with it being dramatic and make feeling of wanting it a little more less of a superiority thing or create drama.
then just reduce the wait time to like 3 months again, no need to all of this
Manishh

Patatitta wrote:

Blushing wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

then just reduce the wait time to like 3 months again, no need to all of this
neh, The only reason I like the "denizen" title is because you wasted 8months for meaningless title. Its shows how free you are
Kobold84
Bring back the monarchy.
Ymir
Trying to change the Denizenship system usually ends in arguments, and always ends in failure.

Denizenship is great the way it is, why change?
Patatitta

-Remi wrote:

Trying to change the Denizenship system usually ends in arguments, and always ends in failure.

Denizenship is great the way it is, why change?
dont think it's good on the current state tbh
BlueChinchompa
What if we just resort to anarchy whats the worst that can happen?
Stomiks
I wonder how many times we've had this argument already...
Patatitta

BlueChinchompa wrote:

What if we just resort to anarchy whats the worst that can happen?
literally nothing, the gov does nothing lmao
-Umbreon-
I ain't reading allat
[ Rynn ]

Stomiks wrote:

I wonder how many times we've had this argument already...
not being offensive or something, perhaps this is just me being uninterested in the OT!Politics by nature but yes, this does happen once in a while and i guess it's getting more and more often.

Tbh, perhaps it does need a change, but the problem is that every time someone brings this topic up there's a high chance there's gonna be an argument, thus i became lazy reading the threads related to it because it's just full of arguments, and i'm sorry if whatever i said here is not up to date with the current situation.

Perhaps try talking to some GMTs, that's just my idea though.
Stomiks
Yeah you guys always argue regarding denizenship. Unless a formal discussion is held with the gov and a decision is finally made then this will never end.
show more