forum

Old times vs Now vs New future

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-
General information about this post

Like someone said - meta changes, not gonna make a big post, I am still messed up completely since when i started lurking here back to... around 3 years ago, I still like this place and more - I still like people here, no matter if they are old fags who I recognize or new one who try to make it a different place.

Let me start from one thing - Yes, i left discord and main reason for this was to clear my mind, cut out of all people and make this post without watching for "what is going on discord", tl;dr - cut down all this drama. This post is supposed to be anti-drama management, general damage control and maybe a way to satbilize everything around what we "can" do together. I am out of speaking "this is better" or "this is shit", just before you stop even reading this.

Content

First off, I am aware that Ephemeralis posted his set of rules to OT - cannot find it, I lost link, my appologize but i guess, what i will propse will not go away from them much.

How about - we all agree to some rules, to live together. Lets be honest - OT is our home, we all live in one place, together and we all expect from everyone else something - freedom of speach, freedom of making useless topics, having fun posting shit, etc. But everything needs to have red line which nobody should cross. All of this what will be posted below, should be discussed with you and especially with:
- Ephemeralis - since it is also additional problem on his head and i guess he also would love to enjoy this place
- Mods - since lets be honest, it is our fault they abandoned us

1. Off-topic is a place where lands everything what is out of general subforums - All kind of spam which have hope to be a discussion, all memes, all useless shit which should be left in oblivion faster than normally.

2. All registered admins, moderators, citizens, trashposters, oldfags, newfags, refugees, terrorists, lolicons, gays, bdsm lovers and everyone else not mentioned here should treat this place as a home, place where you come and live with others. - You are not alone here, others want to use this place too, respect their needs and then, expect them to respect your needs.

3. Content of topics should follow some basic rules:
  1. Do not derail topics which are healthy, have some respect for a creator and if topic have some health and content to provide, do not derail it completely. Making a meme which may indirectly derail topic but doesn't disturb general discussion may be acceptable
  2. If this is happy birthday topic, please do not derail it, there is no need, let this topics contain something for a person who got +1 to life level
  3. Personal blogs (mentioning for a rason) - maybe keep them in one thread, get a bit creative with posts, maybe... if you want to say someone that there is a rain, post some picture or something? Make in catching eye! DO NOT spread this into hundred of topics, keep everything else in one like "Taiga's daily shithole life"
  4. AMA - one per person, need it on top? bump it but with some common sense and logic, don't spam it with bumps
  5. Fanclubs - same as above
  6. General shitpost - Be at list a bit creative in either - way of speaking, pictures, general content OR make topic have some basic topic which can ignite some discussion, memes or something where everyone could have some fun.
  7. Memes, picture-talking etc - do it with some logic, eg. don't post them where discussion is healthy unless it is on topic, use common sense
  8. General utter shit - Means everything what is posted by simple urge for comming here, clicking "New Topic", facerolling keyboard and clicking post. If you post it, expect it to be locked, oblivioned and even if this didn't happen, let this die asap.
4. Respect your elders - Administrator and Moderators - stop disrespecting them, bashing for closing threads, making fun of them. As someone who had both of this positions in official polish LoL forum with great amount of active users, I can assure you, it's not fun for them. Mod before closing something or sending to oblivion needs to read all your posts and it isn't fun at some point. It takes time and effort. Respect them for this. As far as they don't mind playing with them, feel free but for god sake - keep common sense in touch and don't cross red line while doing this.

5. Everyone should have fun - Lets just stop being a bitches like I was in past days and get together. I guess we owe appologize to mods, especially Flanster and Stefan, to Ephemeral for all this shit what was done. I am sure we can go back in time and have fun together here. Remember, if one person is laughing and other is crying, it's not fun, it is pathetic situation. Right now whole situation here is sad and close to make one side laugh and other side cry.

6. We all know people which we don't like and don't accept but please do not be openly hostile towards them - Don't openly insult them, their families, don't make unnecessary fun of them in bad way, just... if you really need to - ignore them, thread as oxygen. Don't create drama over your own bad behavior because at the end, you are not better than him if you get down to his level and insult him.

Forever the same point. This above are guidelines which everyone should follow on their own will - Why? We all want to have fun, we all want this place to be a chillout from work/school/gameplay etc. If everyone follows it, nobody will be hurt. It is for everyones good sake and avoiding unnecessary dramas.

Last words

Yes, I was a bitch and I personally admit this as I have courage to see this. I don't expect certain people to agree with me, I am prepared to see them shit over this post, hell, do it. But with all your hate, throw some constructive discussion into it ok?

More, answering Meah post, I will even start myself:

I am sorry from deep of my heart for insulting others and forcing my opinion. I am truly sorry but overall image of what was going on just made me angry.

Will try to reach elders, make them post their feeling.

As i said, I am part of this forum, I use it a lot and I care what is going on around.
Also about you peeps.
Meah
If only you hadn't insulted people. :(
If you want the things from above to happen, then please be our example.
Show us what we should do.
DJ Enetro
Let me be frank

First of all Meah calm the fuck down

SECONDLY:

[Taiga] wrote:

4. Respect your elders - Administrator and Moderators - stop disrespecting them, bashing for closing threads, making fun of them. As someone who had both of this positions in official polish LoL forum with great amount of active users, I can assure you, it's not fun for them. Mod before closing something or sending to oblivion needs to read all your posts and it isn't fun at some point. It takes time and effort. Respect them for this. As far as they don't mind playing with them, feel free but for god sake - keep common sense in touch and don't cross red line while doing this.
I mean, if a thread is locked, nothing we can do to unlock it but as for common sense - it's called common sense for a reason, and notice not UNIVERSAL sense.

Meaning you can't expect the same ideals to be etched into every person so
Spam - obs annoying. Especially Satires - satirize in what, the forum, make a thread labeled mod criticism or something?
Meah
I am calm? :o
Aurani
You see, some things, after they have been done, can never be undone. As someone who's been on this forum for QUITE a long time (far longer than just signed up), I can with certainty say that I will NEVER change my opinion on some people; I will never come to respect them or even recognise their existence for that matter.

As such, I can't respect this forum as a whole and never will. If I recall my experiences from other forums, there have always been people I disliked. Some of those were kids, so it's not that this is the first forum I meet brats on, however, the amount of idiocy, lack of intelligence and general upbringing is what makes me view people here with disgust.

People here behave as if they were raised in a fucking forest and they somehow firmly believe that it's "cool" to act that way. You actually wrote a good example of that behaviour in your post - the disrespect towards mods. While I personally hold no love for some of them, I would never be openly hostile towards someone whose job is to regulate this place.

I think it all just boils down to people here being fucking ingrates who have absolutely no manners and are beyond all reason, which makes this thread a nice yet futile attempt at correcting it. People have to start with themselves before they learn how to act around others.
ColdTooth
this is why we can't have nice things, i usually drive myself away from these threads and hide in the corner because im a pussy
Blitzfrog
Taiga I love you man <3

It's genuine^
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

DJ Enetro wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

I mean, if a thread is locked, nothing we can do to unlock it but as for common sense - it's called common sense for a reason, and notice not UNIVERSAL sense.

Meaning you can't expect the same ideals to be etched into every person so
Spam - obs annoying. Especially Satires - satirize in what, the forum, make a thread labeled mod criticism or something?
Common sense is widely shared by majority of people. That is why it's called common sense. Many people have same feelings about events.
As i said - mods and admins work hard. If you get this position and volunteer to keep specific part of forum / chat clean and moderated, you need to do your work. Your elders expect this from you. You need to spend some of your free time to read every post, decide via common sense applied for best of great majority of community if thread should stay alive and be closed, decide on trublemaker user - lock out from posting / ban? Your decisions then are judged higher, guy will probably complain. It is not only hard work but also stress to do your best. Not everyone is good at this position and for sure, people who claim it, require respect which we all missed here.
Bashing Flan/Stefan/Eph for closing topics was not right. Making fun of them was not right. Your "satires" about Flan were not right. Maybe now you will understand this. It's about respecting others work and free time spent into making it.

Aurani wrote:

You see, some things, after they have been done, can never be undone. As someone who's been on this forum for QUITE a long time (far longer than just signed up), I can with certainty say that I will NEVER change my opinion on some people; I will never come to respect them or even recognise their existence for that matter.
It is your decision, personally I understand that, there are people like that for me too. But this should not make you hostile towards them. Ignore their posts, even if they speak to you - that is fine, they get bored after some time of speaking like to the wall. All I just ask, for sake of everyone here and I may add this to this piece of guidelines above - don't be openly hostile towards this ignored people. Being like that + being a meanie is a double edge sword and creates situations like now - which nobody likes and everyone would love to avoid.

Aurani wrote:

As such, I can't respect this forum as a whole and never will. If I recall my experiences from other forums, there have always been people I disliked. Some of those were kids, so it's not that this is the first forum I meet brats on, however, the amount of idiocy, lack of intelligence and general upbringing is what makes me view people here with disgust.

People here behave as if they were raised in a fucking forest and they somehow firmly believe that it's "cool" to act that way. You actually wrote a good example of that behaviour in your post - the disrespect towards mods. While I personally hold no love for some of them, I would never be openly hostile towards someone whose job is to regulate this place.
There were, there are and there will be stupid people around. The point is to show them that there is a way to behave and either they join good bandwagoon or they leave. But this require 2 things - guidelines on which i try to work and for what I try to get agreement from everyone involved into this big drama, maybe even more people. I will do my best and kneel before Ephemeral to give me helping hand to make this even better. Second thing are people - this who follow it and will together do their best to show trublemaker where is his place.

We can always try, as I said, this place can be filled with shitposts, utterly shit garbage but it goes all around how people make it - ignore shit, contribute to topics which contain value, create content, create memes, share them, etc.

Aurani wrote:

I think it all just boils down to people here being fucking ingrates who have absolutely no manners and are beyond all reason, which makes this thread a nice yet futile attempt at correcting it. People have to start with themselves before they learn how to act around others.
Well, I will not give up, not so easy, even if this will cost me taking every single person and speak with them in private to get along and find common denominator. Just to make this place something what everyone can enjoy and i mean everyone as community who comes here for a piece of chillout.
Fhaye
Wall of Words
abraker
I appreciate the effort Taiga, but OT works a bit differently than what you seem to be thinking to expect propositions to do anything. According to the OT rules, everything posted on here has no value. You can impress people, but ultimately others will do what they want. You can't stop that on your own. The best you can try to do is get a few people to agree and have an inner circle of people following something that will shift the OT content by a some sort of level. I am not talking about shitty attempts like ALC. That was made on OT and was a joke. What is needed is a private agreement among people. Take the OT!neus discord as an example. Me, Blitzfrog, Kai, and John have all agreed to provide the OT!news as part of an effort to better the content quality. As daunting as it sounds, create a group and work from there.
Aurani
How to lose any proper credibility 101:

Mention being in a "team" with Blitzfrog, Kai and whoever the fuck John is.
abraker

Aurani wrote:

How to lose any proper credibility 101:

Mention being in a "team" with Blitzfrog, Kai and whoever the fuck John is.
The good thing about OT is that nobody has any credibility.

Also we have done more to bring quality to OT than I've seen you or anyone during my time here. Sure they shitpost, so does everyone, even me. But there is a handful who try to come up with something good. Come up with something as great as OT!news and then maybe I'll consider whatever you need to say regarding the team.
Aurani
There is no need to force "quality" posts - just remove the really shit ones. As for everyone shitposting, we both know that's just an excuse, as I sure as shit never saw Hika, Railey, Bird, Mara and similar people (there are quite a few more) shitpost to the same extent your buttbuddies do.

I'll pretend I haven't read the OT news part.
abraker

Aurani wrote:

There is no need to force "quality" posts - just remove the really shit ones.
Kinda agree with that one. Instead of removing really shitty posts, the thread gets locked.

Aurani wrote:

As for everyone shitposting, we both know that's just an excuse, as I sure as shit never saw Hika, Railey, Bird, Mara and similar people (there are quite a few more) shitpost to the same extent your buttbuddies do.
I'll pretend I haven't read the don't shitpost to the same extent your buttbuddies do part.
B1rd
I don't want to have to respect moderators (I don't), rule one doesn't make any sense, rule three is arbitrary and unwanted restrictions on posting, you can't force people to post quality nor to have fun, and people should be free to argue with one another.
Blitzfrog
Well I mean, you argue because it's fun for you, is it not???
DJ Enetro
I too, have a big confession to make.

Blitzfrog wrote:

Idk about fun, but from what I've seen I think (s)he only wants to make OT better. But imo, arguments/situations arise if and only if both of these conditions are true:

1. There are conflicting viewpoints, and
  2. People don't want to see them, or anything like that.
Anyway, I'm honestly quite in the middle here tbh. If you ask me, Blitzfrog said it perfectly:

Blitzfrog wrote:

So let it burn you before you suffocate in cancer
Let's get down to business, and get seriously real for once.

If Taiga was right about anything, it's this:

[Taiga] wrote:

Flan or other mods are not slaves to close every little shit what you make like this - zero creativity, just random bullshit made by crybaby who cannot work with others.
It took a while to let the truth of the first part of this sink in, more to admit it, and even more to accept all this. IRL here: Fifth grade I was more of a - I wouldn't say crybaby, but a better word would be recalcitrant - look that up if you wanna know what that means but anyway, people kept telling me to be quiet in class when I didn't want to but ye. Even my teacher and parents got ahold of this, and of course, there goes my obstinacy, and now what? Here I am, forgiven but still don't like it when I am criticized, even constructively and want to be alone - think me wanting to be solitary and not independent. I didn't get what Taiga probably meant by the first part, but besides that fact that Flan did lock say what, 79% of my satires, even the longer ones, I think that was meant to be a message like this.

Now on to raps. Let me wrap myself in brutal honesty and the ColdTooth of the Taiga of reality (pls get pun :cry: :cry: :cry:)

ColdTooth wrote:

Your pp is the size of your ego, I got ten times that
The difference is that I have nearly 100% of all my stats achieved with a trackpad and keyboard alone. But my ego is big, I'll be okay with living with that. Changing it however is something else

johnmedina999 wrote:

I have a life to live. I'm actually packing
Boxes, and you're wasting your time
On coming up with second-rate rhymes.
What do you expect john? Most of us are sociopaths/introverts (or so I think). (Really though what did you mean by packing boxes?)

[Taiga] wrote:

Common sense is widely shared by majority of people. That is why it's called common sense. Many people have same feelings about events.
Not denying that, but as I said before, it's common sense and not universal sense.

[Taiga] wrote:

As i said - mods and admins work hard. If you get this position and volunteer to keep specific part of forum / chat clean and moderated, you need to do your work. Your elders expect this from you. You need to spend some of your free time to read every post, decide via common sense applied for best of great majority of community if thread should stay alive and be closed, decide on trublemaker user - lock out from posting / ban? Your decisions then are judged higher, guy will probably complain. It is not only hard work but also stress to do your best. Not everyone is good at this position and for sure, people who claim it, require respect which we all missed here.
99.8% correct here. TBH I would have to moderate forums (GMT) if I became one. People who claim it, deserve respect obs but imo if they don't get, they don't have to really fight back, whoever does that is screwed already the moment they post.

[Taiga] wrote:

Bashing Flan/Stefan/Eph for closing topics was not right. Making fun of them was not right. Your "satires" about Flan were not right. Maybe now you will understand this. It's about respecting others work and free time spent into making it.
Bashing - wait I think I know what you mean. Like that first Satire I made, mentioned on OT!news (but the only thing they got wrong was that I didn't want the mods to delete the thread, not my avatar lol) Probably I was only aware of that now most likely, not before.

Making fun? I guess you can say that's how they saw it, most likely not. Assume the worst is probably what you mean, if any chance of offending, TRASH IT.

Your third part pretty much ties in #1 and #2 if you get it. Enough said

It's about respecting others work and free time spent into making it.

TBH the main idea here.

Endaris wrote:

at some point you can stop to hold up a poor anti-movement
Not only that but forced threads

kai99 wrote:

tend to lack quality/creativity and is just created to force discussions if there can be any.
Utter shit, as Taiga says, should have a >50% lock chance. Imo this includes devastated threads
To let a thread die tho... that's kinda harsh. But what? Nothing you can do if it gets locked. Normally necroposting/bumping (what's the fine line, 6 months?) pushes down popularity in the forums, especially if the subject is not too good, or the quality

Finally, if you want a message to hit home, three things should happen:
  1. The receiver MUST UNDERSTAND what the sender is saying.
  2. The received must deduce why and understand the info is right.
  3. The received must accept the circumstances and take measures to prevent a vicious cycle, even if it will kill them.
I hereby assume full responsibility for what has happened in OT, and will indemnify all other osu!users for the hate and rating. I will not expect my popularity to go beyond its current level. I hereby silence myself and limit myself to reading threads and chatting on discord until June 12, 12:00A PST

TL;DR: I was most likely a bully, even if I wasn't I was very inconsiderate. Not only that, I was pure annoying and didn't want to let OT influence me (in a good way). That's me, unopposed, and everyone against me. Sorry OT. :cry: :kms:
B1rd

Blitzfrog wrote:

Fun? Sometimes. However, arguing can achieve good purposes. If you don't have arguments, then what you have is a hugbox.
DaddyCoolVipper

abraker wrote:

Me, Blitzfrog, Kai, and John have all agreed to provide the OT!news as part of an effort to better the content quality.

Are you kidding? You 4 have been some if the worst shitposters on the forum.
Blitzfrog

B1rd wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

Fun? Sometimes. However, arguing can achieve good purposes. If you don't have arguments, then what you have is a hugbox.

Yea yea, but good arguments like you and daddy's ones are generally not biased. Those are fun. Actually, I enjoy a good argument in Physics and Maths because they can generally be done in pure logic and logic alone. Maybe politics too???
show more