forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Comfy Slippers
You are right, the old OT was a bit more edgy and racist.

Also to quote one of your posts
Eat a dick
as a reply to a thread where someone is making a witty retort on his/her sexuality and throwing a bit of shade at tumblr people

Definition of well thought top notch shitpost. I'm out of words. Incomparable to anything we post.

Mind you, other posts are equally nonsensical....

much like what we have today, what "we" had at start, and what we will have in future. Cause that's just how OT is.
B1rd
Talking about communities though, I'd still prefer being amongst some harmless shitposters than a safespace circlejerk.
kai99

kai99 wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Railey2
Real talk.

its common knowledge that people have a strong tendency to romanticise the past. The reasons for that are manifold, but without going further into it:

The only difference between OT back then and today now is, that you have a harder time relating to the people that frequent OT today. You lost your exclusive club and since you're not invited to the new one, you interpret lots of the banter and inside jokes here as senseless shitposting (because thats what it looks like to you).

But there's a new community here today and they're having a blast, just like you did 5 years ago.

You can still have meaningful discussions with most people here, the possibilities are all there.. you just don't have an interest in actually getting to know anyone here.
Complaining is always easier than actually getting engaged once more.

if you want to keep feeling bad about what you've lost but refuse to see whats there to be gained, then the past will always look more appealing than the present.
You make your choices.
Aurani
Ultimately, who gives a shit about the state of the current or old OT; what matters is what an individual is doing to contribute to the community. I cannot imagine how someone can derive happiness and satisfaction from such a crude and disgusting thing, but then again, those same people probably can't even hold a conversation in real life, or they have some mental illness, in which case I can understand the pure idiocy.
Railey2

Aurani wrote:

those same people probably can't even hold a conversation in real life, or they have some mental illness, in which case I can understand the pure idiocy.
see? Writing off such a great number of people so violently is the one thing that is truly idiotic.

They say a userbase has a half life of 2 years, every 2 years half of the users will be gone and replaced by new faces.
Every 4 years, only 25 percent will be left.

Why don't you find yourself a new community to enjoy.. to eventually end up flaming it once the fraction of original users dwindled to under 25 percent?
Aurani
So far I've taken note of exactly 19 people being imbeciles in OT. Mind you, that's great enough of a number for me.
kai99
luv u aurani <3
Comfy Slippers
I mean, don't get me wrong. I understand that humor is a strongly subjective matter and we can only discuss it further on a philosophical level.

But I'm bothered when this much smack is being talked and with the presence of all these indirect insults when people are legit taking way more time than they should just for the entertainment of others. Which is really nice of them. It may not be great or THAT creative but at the end of the day, that's the essence of a shitpost. That's why I mentioned MAL and how it had really creative shitposters on subforums like "CD" and bigger groups like "chat club" but today it's all generic. In the end, it's ok. I'm fine with how OT is, as long as people are friendly and open.
Railey2

Aurani wrote:

So far I've taken note of exactly 19 people being imbeciles in OT. Mind you, that's great enough of a number for me.
Then please count yourself twice for your last two posts, how can you be that short-sighted?

OT is alive and thriving, just like its always been.

isn't it the greatest irony that you complain about not being able to have a grounded discussion on OT in a grounded discussion on OT?
Aurani
What the fuck are you on about?

How is spamming memes and being utterly retarded in EVERY sense of that definition good in ANY way to you? It isn't, you're just countering me without any actual reason - something I've noticed you doing in other discussions with other people. It's like you enjoy making things tense in a perverse way, but whatever, you aren't the point of discussion here.

I clearly said that there is ultimately NO reason to compare the old and new OT and that it's down to the individual, only to have you say "OT is alive and thriving". I mean, if you're going to spout random nonsense for the shit of it, you might as well ignore my posts as I will yours.
Mismagius

Milkshake wrote:

aren't you guys fantasizing about 5-years-ago-OT a bit too much? we had nice running gags and shit like that, but to say it was so much better than it is now...well, not so much. the main difference was most of the people actually KNEW each other so it basically became an exclusive cool kidz club.
it was good exactly because it was basically a circlejerk, now it's pretty much everyone from forum games joining in with "hey guys xDD im so randommmm gonna make threads about toasters LOL!!!!! also hi mods ^^" which is pretty annoying

the humor was as bad as it is now, the difference is that people actually knew each other so the jokes weren't as awkward as it is to read things now
kai99

Blue Dragon wrote:

Milkshake wrote:

aren't you guys fantasizing about 5-years-ago-OT a bit too much? we had nice running gags and shit like that, but to say it was so much better than it is now...well, not so much. the main difference was most of the people actually KNEW each other so it basically became an exclusive cool kidz club.
it was good exactly because it was basically a circlejerk, now it's pretty much everyone from forum games joining in with "hey guys xDD im so randommmm gonna make threads about toasters LOL!!!!! also hi mods ^^" which is pretty annoying
huh, I was thinking that OT nowadays is just a new group of circlejerks than what the last group consisted of. i barely see anyone from forum games here and i barely visit FG..
Mismagius
i mean, half of the first page threads are people trying to join in with a joke that has either been done 72 times before or just being plain nonsensical and then the thread gets closed before it even hits second page. i wouldn't call it a circlejerk at all

the "circlejerk" (which is the group of people that actually know each other) is pretty much concentrated into this thread
Comfy Slippers
@Aurani
Then stop insulting people for no reason.
Milkshake

Blue Dragon wrote:

i mean, half of the first page threads are people trying to join in with a joke that has either been done 72 times before or just being plain nonsensical and then the thread gets closed before it even hits second page. i wouldn't call it a circlejerk at all

the "circlejerk" (which is the group of people that actually know each other) is pretty much concentrated into this thread
I think it'd be hard to achieve a similar circlejerk nowadays because not only everyone knew each other we also got along well
Aurani
What does that quote have to do with me insulting people?

Secondly, if you're going to propagate that people shouldn't be nosy about certain people's "humour" (Jesus Christ I want to vomit), then sound logic dictates that what I think and say here is of no concern to you either.
kai99

Blue Dragon wrote:

i mean, half of the first page threads are people trying to join in with a joke that has either been done 72 times before or just being plain nonsensical and then the thread gets closed before it even hits second page.

though, I'd say the lack of creativity and /or new types of posts are probably also due to the fact that there are much less active users now than before.

Blue Dragon wrote:

i wouldn't call it a circlejerk at all
makes sense. i get what you mean.
although maybe I like the fact that there's little circlejerking so that random people can come in and get to know each other. not as deep as you guys would call yourselves but enough to have fun with.
Tae

Blue Dragon wrote:

Honestly, this is so true.

The majority of new threads barely even reach page 2, as you said, and it just tends to be a process of ignore the thread, hope it dies, and that the OP goes away. 99% of the time ITT is more or less the only place in OT that has any quality to it... probably because the people that post here actually know one another

---

I'd post more here myself, but as I mentioned on Discord last night to a few people, I don't tend to have anything interesting to say, and would rather not become one of the trashposters who post the first thing that comes into their head that are usually frowned down upon.
Aurani
Both sides here are trying to shove things beneath the carpet. There is absolutely no correlation between people knowing each other and someone being mentally defective.

The reason ITT has some "quality" to it is because the people who contribute to said quality aren't the same ones who post those idiotic spam threads - simple as that.
kai99
sorry what is this criteria for quality again?

i mean i get what shit threads are but there are okay threads and there are shit but okay threads
Tae

kai99 wrote:

sorry what is this criteria for quality again?
I'd personally describe it as something that can actually be discussed and is relevant to those in OT... which, in all fairness, a lot of these threads don't fulfill.
I wonder what others consider it to be though.
Aurani
"Post shit that has some sort of underbelly to it, makes even marginal sense and reasoning behind it and can be properly replied to"

I think that's loose enough for everyone to both have fun and be decent about it.
Meah
A thread where everyone can relate to.
Railey2

Blue Dragon wrote:

Milkshake wrote:

the humor was as bad as it is now, the difference is that people actually knew each other so the jokes weren't as awkward as it is to read things now
people still know each other, you just don't know them

my point
Comfy Slippers

Aurani wrote:

What does that quote have to do with me insulting people?
Sorry sir, fixed.

... then sound logic dictates that what I think and say here is of no concern to you either.
yes it is cause you're insulting people who work hard to make this community better for everyone. Unlike you, I haven't talked shit about any of these "old" users. I'm trying to stay neutral in this discussion as much as possible and present my arguments with understanding of "both sides".

There is a reason and it is comparable cause in essence it's the same shit, and i'm gonna continue quoting myself for as long as you stay ignorant like this. "Memes" and inside jokes will normally change due to circumstances, that is just how internet works. One of it is just various personalities coming together to make something stupid and fun and in other it's the popular sources that make an impact.. and it is def. reasonable to neglect this. You have to look at the bigger picture here.
kai99

Tae wrote:

I'd personally describe it as something that can actually be discussed and is relevant to those in OT... which, in all fairness, a lot of these threads don't fulfill.
I wonder what others consider it to be though.

Aurani wrote:

"Post shit that has some sort of underbelly to it, makes even marginal sense and reasoning behind it and can be properly replied to"

I think that's loose enough for everyone to both have fun and be decent about it.

Meah wrote:

A thread where everyone can relate to.
see now we're getting somewhere
i needed this

tho those look quite vague and seemingly difficult. i could start from here anyways.

see, sometimes I think making a "quality" thread is hard and people just need somewhere to post their shit, hence the shitposters
Tae

kai99 wrote:

see, sometimes I think making a "quality" thread is hard and people just need somewhere to post their shit, hence the shitposters
Yes, but people need to learn that OT isn't their personal place to post whatever.
Nobody really gives a fuck about most of the shit here.
Aurani
No, you don't understand the point I'm making here.

I do NOT have a problem with people being dumb and having a giggle every once in a while, but I HARDLY need to link you all the fucking threads imbeciles have been making for absolutely NO reason what-so-ever. THAT is what I have a problem with here, and that's the crux of this entire discussion. Old vs new is a complete joke - if you want to make things better, start with yourself, and you sure as fuck aren't starting anything, nor are those people who create those threads.

You see, if you make a thread that says "Flanster best boi ban me daddy" or has a similar theme, 5 times in a month, you're either extremely lonely and needy for attention, have some sort of mental issue so you can't understand the basic concept of content that SHOULDN'T be posted, despite a heap of examples from the past showing you how to behave, or you're just an utter troll who understands everything but gives absolutely no fucks regardless of what's going on.

In two out of three of those cases, it's very concerning and indicative of a defect, and mind you, that's a problem for the community as well.
Railey2

Aurani wrote:

What the fuck are you on about?

How is spamming memes and being utterly retarded in EVERY sense of that definition good in ANY way to you? It isn't, you're just countering me without any actual reason - something I've noticed you doing in other discussions with other people. It's like you enjoy making things tense in a perverse way, but whatever, you aren't the point of discussion here.
Take a look in the mirror, i'm not the one who tries to purposely antagonize people by calling their community shit and insulting them over hours.

i gave you an actual reason in my post above. OT was a circlejerk back then and it is a circlejerk now, you just don't like it anymore because you're no longer part of the circle.

Do you have any awareness at all, self-awareness or otherwise?
https://puu.sh/vT0IV/7aea47043e.png
https://puu.sh/vT0LB/22d483dc9d.png

its utterly identical, there has been a surge of low quality for ages. All you need to do is take a look back without your shitty confirmation bias.

People are just blinded by nostalgia, as they always are. Expect the next wave of idiots that crying about ''everything having been better in the good old days'' in 4 years.

Lol
kai99

Aurani wrote:

You see, if you make a thread that says "Flanster best boi ban me daddy" or has a similar theme, 5 times in a month, you're either extremely lonely and needy for attention, have some sort of mental issue so you can't understand the basic concept of content that SHOULDN'T be posted, despite a heap of examples from the past showing you how to behave, or you're just an utter troll who understands everything but gives absolutely no fucks regardless of what's going on.
oh lmao this is such an obvious fact
sorry i had to say this

well but those kinds of threads usually tend to not get much attention, get wastelanded, or locked most of the time, so I really didn't see a problem with those, although i have to say there is an abundance.

and i have to include this from Railey's given screenshot

wew
Comfy Slippers
I do NOT have a problem with people being dumb and having a giggle every once in a while
Yet you call them imbeciles.

Which is similar to what you guys had "back in the day". For you, it's easier to trashtalk rather than participate and understand the meaning behind some of these threads. Only then will your arguments beat out the things I say.
Aurani
@Riley

Okay, so far I've respected every single one of your posts, but no more. I have thus far said 4 times, FOUR TIMES, that I'm NOT discussing "old vs new" and you once AGAIN, for the second time now, completely ignore it and go on about comparing random shit that isn't even in the scope of my posts.
Do you have an issue reading things, or what? Do I somehow need to spell it out for you that a retard 5 years ago and a retard today are the same?

The people I've called retards aren't a community, unless you don't know what the definition of a community is, nor do I "protect" people from the past. I'm protecting the people who actually made good content and I could give less fucks about you trying to purposely shove some kind of notion of me "wanting the past in the present".

I mean, it's completely baffling to me how I thought so highly of you, only for you to now time and time again show me that you're ignoring everything I say and add random arguments that aren't even connected to my original point.

To spell it out for you once and for all:
I do NOT think that I "don't belong in the current circlejerk" nor do I wish that the old circlejerk would return so I can be back in it. If you did your research, you would've noticed that I never was in any kind of group here and never really belonged to any circlejerk.

I do NOT have any kind of "nostalgia", since the people I loved back then I still talk to, more or less, so your point there is also moot.

I mean it appears that I should've just deconstructed your posts line by line just to make you understand a thing that you should've understood without me spelling it out for you.
Railey2

Aurani wrote:

I don't visit the place for half a day and people are already showing their retarded side.

The reason "old OT" was a much better place is because of two things:
1) People who shitposted at least displayed a minimum of 80 IQ in form of witty shitposts, compared to today's OT regulars who do their utmost to post the most autistic, least funny bullshit they can think of, if the concept of "thinking" can even be applied to their pitiful existence
2) In spite of all the junk that was undeniably there, some threads were still breeding grounds for nice discussions, compared to today when the only "intelligent" discussions spawn in ITT and even those immediately get tainted by the sheer scale of idiocy circling around this place.

All in all, old OT might've been a filthy piss bottle, but the current OT is like a bucket full of 8-month old semen mixed with salmonella and cockroach spit.

Hika wrote:

Oops sorry. I'll post more then.
You flatter yourself, slave.

You've clearly side with the people that pretend to have lived in this mysterious golden age of OT, where everything was better. That's exactly what i've addressed in my posts, because that time where OT stunk less never existed.

you're a hypocrite and a liar. Own up to your shit.

i really appreciate your posts, don't be so stupid.
B1rd

Railey2 wrote:

Real talk.

its common knowledge that people have a strong tendency to romanticise the past. The reasons for that are manifold, but without going further into it:

The only difference between OT back then and today now is, that you have a harder time relating to the people that frequent OT today. You lost your exclusive club and since you're not invited to the new one, you interpret lots of the banter and inside jokes here as senseless shitposting (because thats what it looks like to you).

But there's a new community here today and they're having a blast, just like you did 5 years ago.

You can still have meaningful discussions with most people here, the possibilities are all there.. you just don't have an interest in actually getting to know anyone here.
Complaining is always easier than actually getting engaged once more.

if you want to keep feeling bad about what you've lost but refuse to see whats there to be gained, then the past will always look more appealing than the present.
You make your choices.
I don't need a pretentious pseudo-intellectual such as yourself telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about because you don't want to admit that this community is shit. Shitposting existed back then to a limited degree as well, but there difference was that there were some individuals who weren't just shitposters and who were actually interesting to interact with. I understand the "culture" and "inside jokes" of shitposting perfectly, it's just as asinine as it was back then, it's low quality posting that doesn't require any thought or effort. Anyone could do it, I have no desire to.

And like I've been saying, you're just one of these people that refuses to admit that there might be objective standards, that it might have been better back then (it was) for people who were looking for somewhat meaningful interaction.
Aurani
Are you actually TRYING to compare someone like Wojjan, the greatest of all shitposters, to something like "dear kai99", to name a random thread? Because that's the kind of shitposter I like, compared to a normal, mindless shitposter. Just because people like Wojjan existed, doesn't mean there weren't shitposters back then who are the same as the ones I'm talking about right now.

The ONLY side I stand on is my own side. I'm explaining my point of having a problem with people who REPEATEDLY (note the word - to answer Comfy's "yet you call them imbeciles") fail to contribute ANYTHING of note.

As for OT stinking less being a myth: "only 25% of people will be here after 4 years" - so if the other 75% are replaced with mindless turnips (it's just an example, chill your tits, since I already know that you want to take the number literally), compared to there being a 50-50 in the past, doesn't that prove that it's filthier now than it was before?
I personally think there were more serious and intelligent people active back then, and by that point I shall remain until you provide solid evidence for the contrary, in which case I'll change my opinion. Nostalgia has no play in it, as it's my rational conclusion after having been here for 4 and a half + 2 years.
kai99
cmon, wojjan was legendary. can't compare. what are you saying
what has this comparison gone to
has science gone too far
i wont be able to replicate wojjan's thread no matter how hard i tried lmao and that's why i'll stay another mindless 1xxxth shitposter in this forum
Railey2
there are plenty individuals that are interesting to interact with here, you just don't know that because you've been talking to yourself for the last 3 years.
Mahogany

Blue Dragon wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

Here we go! The moment we've all been waiting for. The reason why Mara and B1rd and Auranai and Hika and abraker are the only ones here that have been here for 5+ years are still here; one of the reasons why the others have left. This is it!
the reason why most of the OT oldfags left is because this place is a pile of stinky shit

I mean at least before it was a laughable pile of stinky shit

now it's just stinky
If they left because the place was shit then they were part of the problem

Also, if we got rid of the worst people here (wink wink) there'd be more space for actual discussion instead of "muh feels" bullshit and shitposts.
Aurani
No, the thread wasn't made by you, Kai.

Railey2 wrote:

there are plenty individuals that are interesting to interact with here, you just don't know that because you've been talking to yourself for the last 3 years.
Explain the "talking to yourself" part.
show more