Yuzu new speedranker confirmed !
gratz <3
Mafumafu
Wutttt??!!!
Is this the one I tested????
So fast!!!!

anyway, gratzz!
TicClick
I have to return it back to WiP due to poor use of antijumps that make spacing changes barely readable, if not unreadable at all:
  1. 02:41:652 (1,2,3,1) -
  2. 02:45:216 (1,2,1,2) -
  3. 02:48:781 (1,1,1,2,3,1) -
  4. 03:05:415 (1,2,3,1) -
  5. 03:54:127 (1,2,3,1) -
  6. 04:17:889 (1,2,3,4,1) -
  7. 04:36:899 (1,2,3,1) -
  8. 04:41:652 (1,2,3,1) -
An ideal option would be to remove all antijumps like 00:36:602 (2) at all and instead make something else that plays better and doesn't require maintaining attention on a high level all the time.

The following sliders end on literally nothing and should have their tails snapped appropriately (perhaps you wanted to snap them to 1/2):
  1. 00:23:831 (1) -
  2. 02:44:028 (1) -
  3. 02:45:216 (1) -
  4. 03:06:008 (3) -
  5. 03:46:033 (1) -
  6. 03:54:721 (3) -
  7. 03:56:503 (1) -
  8. 04:37:492 (3) -
  9. 04:39:275 (1) -
  10. 04:42:246 (3) -
  11. 04:44:028 (1) -
----------

Random find:
  1. 01:29:177 (1) - has its tail nearly silenced when there's an audible sound. Why? The correct placement is this: http://puu.sh/fBcCZ/acb2b92716.jpg
Nozhomi
I want to do my nazi modder while this map is sadly unrank again.

- Miracle :
  1. 00:07:790 (3,1) - Blanket could be better.
  2. 00:23:533 (6,1) - and this one is worst...
  3. 03:36:304 (1) - Are you sure about finish on 1/4 tic here ? Sounds really like 00:23:830 (1,2) - .

Go rerank it ! o/
Nyukai
Giralda

Giralda wrote:

I'm gonna break my laptop if this goes rip again
I guess I have to honor my word.

RIP laptop
Okoratu

ByBy_ChAn wrote:

Yuzu- wrote:

I am gonna slap someone if this goes rip again
I am gonna kill someone if this goes rip again
hahaha

also to what criteria do you judge whether antijumps are readable or not
also since when is extending sliders for (uhh idk reason, vocals or something maybe, didn't take a proper look at all of your examples) unrankable
Myxo
Honestly, wtf...
For some reasons some of the lately disqualifies have so weird reasons I can't agree with, and I'm sure it's the same for other BNs. The question is how we are supposed to not make these mistakes again when we can't see the mistake...
Good luck with the requalify, Yuzu c:
Topic Starter
Maruyu

TicClick wrote:

I have to return it back to WiP due to poor use of antijumps that make spacing changes barely readable, if not unreadable at all:
An ideal option would be to remove all antijumps like 00:36:602 (2) at all and instead make something else that plays better and doesn't require maintaining attention on a high level all the time.

The following sliders end on literally nothing and should have their tails snapped appropriately (perhaps you wanted to snap them to 1/2):
----------

Random find:
  1. 01:29:177 (1) - has its tail nearly silenced when there's an audible sound. Why? The correct placement is this: http://puu.sh/fBcCZ/acb2b92716.jpg
This is bogus. The only thing I'd fix (which I will) is the last point and it's not something you should unrank this map for.

The antijumps are fine, it's not supposed to be a NORMAL diff and they are NOT unreadable; not one person I spectated playing this map failed to do them.

Regarding the sliders, since when is this something unrankable? All of my sliders that you pointed follow something; it's not the first time something like this is used, and no one - again - had issues with playing this.

I will fix your "random find" and nothing else. Users that have checked this map apparently didn't have one problem with it, so if you or anyone that might agree with you have an issue with my patterns then make sure it's not personal stuff and then return the heart.

@Nozhomi, fixed blankets.
Shiro

Yuzu- wrote:

TicClick wrote:

----------

Random find:
This is bogus. The only thing I'd fix (which I will) is the last point and it's not something you should unrank this map for.

The antijumps are fine, it's not supposed to be a NORMAL diff and they are NOT unreadable; not one person I spectated playing this map failed to do them.

Regarding the sliders, since when is this something unrankable? All of my sliders that you pointed follow something; it's not the first time something like this is used, and no one - again - had issues with playing this.

I will fix your "random find" and nothing else. Users that have checked this map apparently didn't have one problem with it, so if you or anyone that might agree with you have an issue with my patterns then make sure it's not personal stuff and then return the heart.

Hello.

Your use of random spacing and needless antijumps because you are too lazy to come up with something that actually fits is bogus.
Your rhythms are mostly bogus and silencing sliders that end on a strong beat in the song is bogus.
Your comboing is bogus.
Your attitude as a mapper is bogus. If you're not going to fix them, then I can nuke this now and let it rot. What do you choose ? We're not going to waste our time trying to help you make this better if you're not even willing to admit it can be improved.

00:23:831 (1) - This ends on absolutely nothing and is bogus. This alone is unrankable.

The antijumps being readable and playable doesn't make them good. This could go through a lot of improvement, but if you believe you're better than that, then let me nuke this and work on another mapset.

Please contact me with your decision. I'll be waiting. If you decide to actually improve this, then I can help.
Topic Starter
Maruyu

Shiro wrote:

Yuzu- wrote:

Hello.

Your use of random spacing and needless antijumps because you are too lazy to come up with something that actually fits is bogus.
Your rhythms are mostly bogus and silencing sliders that end on a strong beat in the song is bogus.
Your comboing is bogus.
Your attitude as a mapper is bogus. If you're not going to fix them, then I can nuke this now and let it rot. What do you choose ? We're not going to waste our time trying to help you make this better if you're not even willing to admit it can be improved.

00:23:831 (1) - This ends on absolutely nothing and is bogus. This alone is unrankable.

The antijumps being readable and playable doesn't make them good. This could go through a lot of improvement, but if you believe you're better than that, then let me nuke this and work on another mapset.

Please contact me with your decision. I'll be waiting.
Hi.

My random spacing makes sense to me. No one else had a problem with it, and I have faith in the people I ask to take a look at my maps. I had the need to show and ask for opinions and not once someone else had a problem with it. The needless antijumps? Well, I mapped them on the drum hits. To be honest, I really, really like how they fit. It's not an issue, but we'll get to that afterwards.

Rhythm is interpreted differently depending on how you listen to a song. I listened to it this way, so I mapped it this way. That's it.

Ranking Criteria wrote:

...the end of a slider can be silent, but only do it if it makes sense...
I did this to be able to follow the instruments on the background interactively through sliders. That's why most of them are silenced. The one case where it doesn't fit was TicClick's "random find" and even though it's no reason for unrank I agreed on changing it.

my comboing makes sense. arguably spam, but nc every downbeat (standard), every SV change (standard) and antijump (pretty logical).

00:23:831 (1) - this thing is there. go listen to it better; maybe it's unsnapped - I don't believe so - but it's there.

About attitude and you calling me lazy. with what reasoning do you call me lazy? Do you by any chance know how much time I spend looking at my maps, thinking about how i would like so much to improve and get better? How can you be talking about my attitude if you can just come in here and completely disregard my efforts put towards this? It makes me sad there are penalties to the BN that are involved in this map due to something that seems personal preference. that's why my attitude is bogus.

At this point it's inevitable - any map ranked can be improved in a certain way and yet they stay. this unrank is something sad and the future of this thread makes any faith of mine in the staff go poof.

Go ahead and nuke it if you still do not see my points.

That will be all.
Shiro
That is a much more proper answer. Why was it so hard to get it from you ? Now what you need to work on is making the map more consistent so the spacing feels like it was planned.

I'll need more detailed explanations for the drum hits if you're willing to because I still don't understand how you did them. If you want to keep them, we need to make them consistent.

That slider I pointed out should be snapped on 1/4, that would be okay.
Squigly
really good map yuzu! really consistent, and yeah it isnt a normal diff dont know why its being treated as one.
TicClick
I'll post, because it seems I'll be unable to catch the mapper in-game before going to sleep.

Instead of starting the attack, you could re-read my post and notice that I did not treat your difficulty as a normal one and that I did not ban the usage of antijumps. It's just the way you mix them with 1/4 that makes them poorly readable and unintuitive.

If you want to keep them, well... All you have to do is fix the spacing and make it equal, so that 1/2nd beats have approx. twice as much space in between as 1/4ths: http://puu.sh/fBNzD/908410e39b.jpg. This is a must, thanks to patterns I listed on the previous page, especially ones like 02:45:216 (1,2,1,2)

As for sliders tails, I find your explanation satisfactory, but please snap each of them at least to 1/4:
  2. 02:48:781 (1) -
  3. 02:58:286 (3) -
Xinely

Desperate-kun wrote:

Honestly, wtf...
For some reasons some of the lately disqualifies have so weird reasons I can't agree with, and I'm sure it's the same for other BNs. The question is how we are supposed to not make these mistakes again when we can't see the mistake...
Good luck with the requalify, Yuzu c:
literally i have same mind with despe

good luck on requalify papa, sorry im bad musume >.>
Topic Starter
Maruyu
all of the 1/4 in the map is now mapped using the same DS as 1/2 (DS as 1/2 was ~0,28x so 1/4 is now ~0,28 as well, making it half the distance (just as you said)

fixed everything basically

sorry everyone, especially the BN's that got penalized for this map. really
emilia
This is the first time I actually witness a double DQ.

Good luck on the re-approval~
Hinsvar
I'm ready to help get this back to track. I still have a few suggestions, though.

1. Consider adding "The Song of Saya" to tags since it is the official title of the game's English localization (by JAST USA).
  2. Move the preview point to 03:50:487? The current preview point makes the preview play, like, a few hundred miliseconds of an instrument that is kinda disturbing, and I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to do that.
  3. 04:29:770 (4,1) - Uh, I don't know if you didn't intend to make a blanket here, but I think you should, to make them look neater. It's still possible even with the current positioning, so don't worry.
  4. 04:57:097 (1,2) - Consider combining them into one 3/2 slider with a repeat. I know you're doing the current rhythm to follow the first syllable ending at 04:57:690, but the singer is still holding her voice to sing the second syllable, so connecting the sliders would be better.
No kudosu.

Poke me once you're done replying to these suggestions (no need to fix ofc).
Topic Starter
Maruyu

Hinsvar wrote:

I'm ready to help get this back to track. I still have a few suggestions, though.

1. Consider adding "The Song of Saya" to tags since it is the official title of the game's English localization (by JAST USA). added the word song, since anything below 3 characters doesn't count anyway and I doubt people use "the" when searching lol
  2. Move the preview point to 03:50:487? The current preview point makes the preview play, like, a few hundred miliseconds of an instrument that is kinda disturbing, and I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to do that. k
  3. 04:29:770 (4,1) - Uh, I don't know if you didn't intend to make a blanket here, but I think you should, to make them look neater. It's still possible even with the current positioning, so don't worry. it was there how did it go away QAQ
  4. 04:57:097 (1,2) - Consider combining them into one 3/2 slider with a repeat. I know you're doing the current rhythm to follow the first syllable ending at 04:57:690, but the singer is still holding her voice to sing the second syllable, so connecting the sliders would be better. k
No kudosu.

Poke me once you're done replying to these suggestions (no need to fix ofc).
fixed all
Hinsvar
I think I have an unconscious precognition ability.

Satellite
Hi.
Please changed Artist / Romanised Artist

Artist : いとうかなこ
Romanised Artist : ITO KANAKO

Source : http://kanataro.com/disco.html

I won't touch this set, please take good care of it next BNG.

Good luck.
Hinsvar
Rebubbled (#1).

We decide not to do all-caps on the artist's name because we believe the all-caps is just a styling for the website's header, considering she does use both all-caps and normal-caps in her singles' covers, and she is normally referred using normal capitalization.

If there's a strong reason why it needs to be all-caps, sure, tell Yuzu.

EDIT: I dunno TicClick told me to rebubble ok
Myxo
Ugu #2
smallboat
Still Looks fine

Approved !

Nyukai
Wrong icon pls gratz
Nozhomi
Good ! Gratz on rerank~
Myxo
Yey :3