forum

Touhou PyP IV (Game over - Mafia wins :>)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sakura
The thing is, if he faked it to make you claim, the scum is in a lot of trouble now, because you can watch me and catch one if i get killed, or if they kill you i can revive you, but BRBP had no way of knowing that.
Kitsunemimi
I just noticed that BRBP appeared on the Users browsing this forum, and then he disappeared again.

Awaiting his reply to the questions he said he'd answer some time around now.
VoidnOwO
:)
Kitsunemimi
Yeah, it's kinda messed up ._.
VoidnOwO
VoidnOwO
Sakura
So NH is gonna be dead, and i'm gonna be dead tonight...

And i'm still feeling better about Jinxy on his latest posts, makes me wonder if scum is lurking... like kanye or Royston.
VoidnOwO
NoHitter
Using dayvig on the first day when you have no solid suspects yet is such a waste. And in this case you incapacitated a town information role.
Please rethink your strategy next time. If you are in danger of a lynch and want to prove yourself, claim then ask people who they want shot.

*sigh*
Sakura

Rules wrote:

don't do anything stupid plz
welp
fartownik
@mod: asking for a deadline extension if you're not here when it's past it.
Kitsunemimi
There's a lot I want to say because part of me doesn't believe what just happened because of how dumb this is... but I can't because this has already gotten way out of hand.
I demand kill confirmation from pieguy :/
fartownik
Where's that pieguy when you need him
Sakura
Making pies obviously *runs*
fartownik
Or making guys *runs*

NOPE
Sakura
Quick re-read through everyone's ISO, since i haven't done any proper re-reading yet, don't mind if some reads change a bit:

Town Null/Neutral Scum

fartownik: Lots of analysis he says he's leaning on scum on NH+Jinxy+BRBP, he had some reasons to suspect Jinxy, but I don't remember him explaining his scumreads on the other 2, Could you explain what reasonings you had at the time? What has changed since then and why?

Tanzklaue: Lots of IIoA and posts that appear to have content while they actually say nothing in the end, fluffing, then starts getting awfully defensive for a vote on me and starts throwing pre-emptive OMGUS accusation defense, and he's the only person to point that there could be mafia aligned dayvig (or the first at least), dunno for what purpose?

Royston: Seemed awfully sure that I was town despite everything going on, however his ISO doesn't have much to begin with, he does have some interesting content.

Rantai: Coasting, fluffing, very little analysis and some maybe scumslip? on p/2464945/

Rantai wrote:

Not that he could actually do much else to hurt us either (VT, right?).
Raging Bull: Good analysys ftr: p/2459755/ this is called chainsaw defense if both me and farto were scum, also p/2461030/ this confusion feels genuine, hence my townread on him.

NoHitter: I believe his claim, besides he's gonna flip soon anyways from what it seems...

Lilac: Despite being new, he already some quite interesting analysis i doubt newbscum would be capable of faking these things.

Kitsunemimi: Lots of Analysis as well.

Kanye West: Not enough content to be able to form a decent read.

Jinxy: Then we have this guy, who seemed to like to place suspicion on me without getting involved and when I call him out on it suddenly votes me, his latest posts look like good analysis tho, so he's back to null.

BRBP: This guy's been doing lots of scummy things today, including that headshot to NH, I don't think he's cleared by all means, but I wouldn't want to waste a lynch on him if he's town, i think it's better for a cop if existant to scan him tonight.

Now with all that.
Vote: Tanzklaue

Questions are always welcome.
Raging Bull
Lilac isn't new haha.
Raging Bull
My next suspect I have is probably Kanye. He's active around his game and he was generally inactive as mafia last game when I was his partner.
Raging Bull
Yay mod is on
Tanzklaue
and yet another complete 180 flip flop by sakura. I honestly don't get you anymore girl.

I still vote BRBP, because I still think he is the most likely to be scum, especially with recent developments (jinxy looking more town [though that can be just strategy]) and BRBP not really convincng me either.

I also have suspicions on kanye and royston, simply for not being here. the amount of lurking from both is suspicious.

even if you're a complete newcomer, you normally don't post almost anything at all. royston could be newbie scum that tries to hide without giving much info to us. kanye could also do the same, to lesser extents (he posted a few times in contrast to royston).
Topic Starter
pieguyn
way to go making 7 pages of posts while I was asleep O_O
first off, deadline extended by 24 hours

*everyone is going about their usual business, when all of a sudden*
MASTER SPARK!!
suddenly a huge flash of light appeared, and it seemed directed at NoHItter. It seemed to be directly coming from BRBP. next thing we knew, NH died..

NoHItter (Futatsuiwa Mamizou) - Watcher - master sparked D1

Votecount 1.5:

BRBP (5) - Lilac, Jinxy, Raging Bull, Tanzklaue, Kitsunemimi (L-2)
Jinxy (2) - fartownik, BRBP
Tanzklaue (2) - Royston, Sakura

deadline is in 34:17
Lilac
DAMNIT, PIEGUY.

Just when I was posting. Far out, mate.
Royston
aah what the hell is going on
posting when I get home
Lilac
Unvote. I am more than convinced BRBP is town, in fact, I never really suspected he was mafia after my 3rd post against him when I broke his reasoning down on him voting for Sakura. It was pressure to actually get a decent slip out of him and frankly I didn't get anything useful. Even the tons of "I'm town" sentences, though they made me sick, didn't really give me the impression of mafia. I am being serious about making a better case though, I can not deny that you were all over the place.

Vote: Royston

Leaving this vote here until he actually gets home. It's like...9AM in Australia (EST) dude. The hell are you at this time?

I also forgot about the possibility of a Serial Killer to balance the mafia of 3. That is definitely a possibility.
Kitsunemimi
I am very tempted to keep my vote on BRBP for the hell of it.
But then that would honestly just make things worse so.... fuck.

Unvote

Was thinking about posting analysis and other thoughts buuuut... well,
This kitsune is way too tired today, so for now she's going to go take her afternoon (evening) nap. We'll be right back after these short messages~
fartownik
Okay, BRBP is most likely Town. The scum is probably in Tanz, JInxy or Kanye. Judging by meta, Tanz's is different from the game he was playing as Town, he also plays pretty weird I must say.

JInxy is like the most likely to be scum imo. Not really defending himself, not scumhunitng + voting BRBP. I don't think he'd be scum with Tanz though since they're both voting him and it'd be a pretty bad move from their side.

Kanye's meta matches his games when he was scum. The guy is too busy to post anything? Maybe ask for a replacement then? 5 posts in the entire game with 27 sites. Pretty.

^ these are the main candidates, though the main ones are usually wrong, so here's what my guts tell me: RB is likely to be scum. Lilac/Kitsunemimi could be scum but not really together.
Tanzklaue

fartownik wrote:

Okay, BRBP is most likely Town. The scum is probably in Tanz, JInxy or Kanye. Judging by meta, Tanz's is different from the game he was playing as Town, he also plays pretty weird I must say.
are you trying to meta read a guy who has completed only one game?
also explain me how I act differently to my previous game, and how I act "weird".

my vote stays on BRBP until somebody shows himsself as more likely to be scum than BRBP. I'm sure that a candidate will come up in the next 34 hours.
Lilac
Or that you can actually scumhunt and find out yourself who you think scum is more likely scum then letting other people do it for you.

If anyone was looking back to this game for your meta, Tanz, they would consider you lazy and unhelpful.
VoidnOwO
Raging Bull
unvote
Kitsunemimi
....Now that I look at Tanz, he sort of seems a bit scummy....
Just somewhat, not too scummy... but...
I actually agree with Sakura about his IIoA. He seems to just kind of go with the flow. Like he will agree with what other people are saying, but he doesn't post much about his opinions, and I don't think I've seen him pick up something new that somebody hasn't mentioned yet. I also agree with how Tanz's reaction to Sakura's vote on him was a bit too much. It might just be in his personality though.

Tanzklaue wrote:

you are weak because there was the chance that you don't get lynched, and you most likely wouldn't have gotten NK'd since scum would rather keep you around for the misslynch.

so basically you gave away the possibility of at least one revive and exchanged it for no revive and an extension of your live by 24 hours.
This post felt really strange to me, and it seems like nobody reacted to it because it was overshadowed by BRBP's hyper-contradictory post which had followed...

There was a whole series of posts made by him from 1-2 days ago that makes it sound like he's obsessing over town-benefit. Like how Sakura baiting a bandwagon on herself could only hurt town, a bunch of "useful to town", "beneficial to town", etc.
But now he insists on keeping his vote on BRBP, who is essentially confirmed (bad) town. He doesn't even explicitly deny it himself. He doesn't even unvote like I did. I'm pretty sure we all know BRBP is town, or at least there's very good evidence of it, but you're keeping your vote on him? Seems kind of contradictory.

...As a matter of fact,

Tanzklaue wrote:

I'm sure that a candidate will come up in the next 34 hours.
He could just be lazy, but we already have two people who are being suspected. Jinxy, who has been under close inspection for quite a while now... and Royston, whom Lilac has voted for recently. Hell, you were even suspicious of Royston a few hours ago...?

Tanzklaue wrote:

I also have suspicions on kanye and royston, simply for not being here. the amount of lurking from both is suspicious.
It seems like you're just keeping your vote on BRBP just because it seems the most likely that he'll be voted off for his actions as long as enough votes stay on him for the one remaining day.

Oh yeah, and remember Tanz's RV on Kanye that he withdrew on? He reacted pretty sharply when Sakura just asked him a simple question. "really, you're reading to deep into this." seems kinda like an overreaction. This is rather minor, I could be wrong but, maybe Kanye is scum with Tanz, and Tanz voted Kanye because he was actually joking around, and then removed his vote so people can't start an unintentional bandwagon on Kanye.

....Hopefully that's all for now... I feel bad for making posts that are so focused on individual people here, but I just seem to notice one thing after another... please dont hate me Tanz ;~; Maybe I'm overanalyzing... @_@
or maybe i'm AMAZING... nah

I don't want to make a super duper fat long post, so I'll take a look at Jinxy in a seperate post... Hopefully it won't be as long as this one.
Royston
Okay, based on what I've seen I'm keeping my vote on Tanzklaue. As I stated in my last post, Tanz's posts seem to be pretty narrow in focus and not very analysis heavy.

Tanzklaue wrote:

I prefer to lynch a bad vanilla townie over possible good townies.
I'd rather lynch possible scum over bad townies.

But for me one of the major points I've noticed is that Tanz has completely ignored my vote on him earlier. Like, completely, I can't find mention of it anywhere. And as a town player, I'd want to know why people are voting for me.

Speaking of which, Lilac, why did you vote for me? Just to put pressure on me, or do you think I'm scum? You noted in a previous post that you thought either BRBP, me, or Rantai was scum. Why vote me and not, say, Rantai?
Tanzklaue
I offered to give my reads, zo you even. nobody asked me about them, so i didn't give them.

Unvote

I'll give my reads before I go to bed I think.

that means now in this very post.

BRBP and Sakura: pretty much confirmed bad townies at this point, still a little bit iffy about BRBP, but we can't get more out of him I think. most likely because there isn't much more to him.

fart: null, like he supported sakura even though everyone was against her, didn't do anything especially scummy though, nothing great for town either, yea, solid null.

kitsune: leaning town, rather active, and though you could argument on flip flop, his changing of targets is reasonable (as thios game swung now multiple times from one suspect to another).

Lilac: leaning town, most active scumhunter, but I have a feeling that there is something to her/him (ot: are you a guy or a girl?). that's why I only lean town here.

RB: leaning town, made strong points in the jinxy-sakura discussion, also was rather active in the BRBP affaire.

jinxy: null-ish, with a hint of a hint of scum. really, only minor hints though. his behaviour over the last few posts was generally less scummy than before, though him keeping his vote BRBP won't bring him any good (like it didn't to me).

so, now the interesting part.

the trio of kanye-rantai-royston.
all three of them are majorly lurking, with 5-5-4 posts after game start respectively. all of them lurk in the shadows, and the answers we seek will probably be hidden amongst them.

I'm 100% sure that at least one of them is scum, and fairly sure that a second one lurks among them, as most of the active players are leaning town in my eyes.

kanye seems like a proffessional lurker, who with his posts seems to be active, but actually doesn't contribute all too much to the discussion (because they are mostly over anyway when he joins in).

rantai not being active seems just off, I never encountered him being really inactive. it definetly rings my alarmbells.

royston just seems to do what every new player would do if he enrolls scum: not posting at all so he doesn't draw attention on himself since he doesn't know how the game really works.

I hold my vote back, since I am tired and I have no close lead as to who in particular is scum. hope i could clarify some things. won't post for like 6-7 hours though. good night.
Kitsunemimi
Oh... yeah, and here comes my late follow-up post.

So far, I'm getting the feeling that Jinxy is town.
Most of what he said so far was against Sakura, but that was pretty natural since everyone was suspecting her. The thing about Jinxy is that he seems to provide some decent reasoning, particularly about Sakura's question avoiding. He hasn't posted all *that* much, but from what I'm seeing from his ISO, his posts look incredibly normal to me. It may seem like he was trying a bit too hard to extract information from Sakura, but he instantly unvoted once her role was revealed.
It is true that he hasn't really posted anything to defend himself though. That's kinda odd, but I don't know if we can really call him scummy for that. Frankly, I was never too sure why he got voted on in the first place. Fart just seems really focused on him though...

Uh, onto other people I guess.
Sakura and fart are both good, but I found it hard to read into fart's posts.

I also get the feeling that Lilac is town, because his posts are high quality, he makes good points and posts seem quite town-oriented.

RB's posts don't make him look scummy, but I feel like they're overwhelmingly lacking in content.

Rantai and Royston really need to post more. Half of Rantai's posts were before the game started... Royston's posts don't seem to be all that useful, but I get the feeling that he's just new townie (this is actually my second game of mafia though... ;3;). If Tanz is scum though, then it's unlikely that Royston is also scum because of the focus Tanz puts on him. I could also be wrong, and it might be the other way around.

Kanye, due to his overall lack of posts and generally ambiguous behaviour, as well as the point I mentioned above with my Tanz post, is leading me to believe that he is mafia too. The problem here is that it looks like he's too busy to post, and he might be using the game he's running concurrently as an excuse for not posting but.... ehhh... maybe he really is busyyyy you don't really know.

I'm still feeling that Tanz is more scummy.... I realize that there almost certainly is scum within that afk lurk group, but you're one who I can sort of actually put my finger on... Like, look, right now, I'm suspicious of you, so posting a readlist isn't going to do much... Why don't you explain the things that I mentioned in my last post...?

I am also in denial of the entire mafia consisting of only lurkers.
Jinxy
Unvote

Came back from school, sleepy, will read and post thoroughly later k thx
Lilac
I want to bring up that Marisa might still be the old role she was in Touhou PyP I and be a lover with mafia. That's really wishful thinking though but I do want to say. @BRBP: Are you a lover role too?

Okay, okay. Deep breath. Unvote.

Vote: Kitsunemimi.

Here's why. This was a quote that Hina/Mimi said about Tanz.

Kitsunemimi wrote:

But now he insists on keeping his vote on BRBP, who is essentially confirmed (bad) town. He doesn't even explicitly deny it himself. He doesn't even unvote like I did. I'm pretty sure we all know BRBP is town, or at least there's very good evidence of it, but you're keeping your vote on him? Seems kind of contradictory.
Sure, you might have said that. However, you also voted for BRBP a couple of posts after he claimed to shoot. Do you know how many posts? You voted for him 25 posts after he shot NoHitter. That, according to this forum was almost two hours after the shot. Here are the reasons why you did that previously but this is a summary. You agreed with Tanz to lynch a dayvig who just shot and now in the matter of 12 hours, you've done a complete 180 on Tanz's comment and Tanz himself. Read below.

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

I still think it's more likely for BRBP being a mafia aligned dayvig than for jinxy to be scum. BRBP's actions just scream of being scummy, and with this kind of play, he won't help us all that much either.
^ this exactly.

BRBP's recent posts are just way too stupidly scummy for him to somehow be pro-town dayvig. I'm calling bullshit.
I am now holding you accountable for this comment. You're calling 'bullshit' on a possible modkillable offense of a fake dayvig. Why didn't you just wait for pieguy to confirm instead of using Tanz's comment? Here is the complete icing on the cake.

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

I prefer to lynch a bad vanilla townie over possible good townies.
This. I'd still rather not have our town completely shot off to bits by this BRBP.
Tanz was really bad to have said that in the first place. That is definitely the worst thing to say and you agreed to him. Not only that, earlier you denied BRBP of being a vig at the beginning of that whole post and just almost near the end of the same post, you are in fear of him shooting town to bits? Your reason to vote for BRBP earlier was that you thought he was scum...and at the end of that reasoning...you softly admitted he was a dayvig? And still voted for him? This is something I can not understand and should have found out sooner.

Unless of course, you still agree with Tanz about a mafia dayvig like you did before. Also, you're next Tanz for propagating this and Mimi following for god knows what reason.

As Royston said, do not lynch bad town, lynch mafia. Unless, you know, you completely forgot about your wincon or your wincon is to lynch town. Then hurrrr.
Kitsunemimi

Lilac wrote:

However, you also voted for BRBP a couple of posts after he claimed to shoot. Do you know how many posts? You voted for him 25 posts after he shot NoHitter. That, according to this forum was almost two hours after the shot.
I'm UTC-4, meaning that it was just before 11 AM for me. I had just gotten to work, and had some things to work on before I had the chance to read all of the stuff that went on in the thread and take it all in. That included pretty much everything since things started turning bad for BRBP. I simply had to make that post since I was utterly convinced that he was scum.

Lilac wrote:

Kitsunemimi wrote:

BRBP's recent posts are just way too stupidly scummy for him to somehow be pro-town dayvig. I'm calling bullshit.
I am now holding you accountable for this comment. You're calling 'bullshit' on a possible modkillable offense of a fake dayvig. Why didn't you just wait for pieguy to confirm instead of using Tanz's comment?
Again, I didn't feel like waiting. I couldn't make a single post in between the time I had posted and when shit started going down. After BRBP made his response, I was tempted again to post more, but that time I withheld because it started to seem a bit true, and chose to wait for confirmation.

Lilac wrote:

Kitsunemimi wrote:

This. I'd still rather not have our town completely shot off to bits by this BRBP.
Not only that, earlier you denied BRBP of being a vig at the beginning of that whole post and just almost near the end of the same post, you are in fear of him shooting town to bits? Your reason to vote for BRBP earlier was that you thought he was scum...and at the end of that reasoning...you softly admitted he was a dayvig? And still voted for him? This is something I can not understand and should have found out sooner.
First of all, that part of my post was for if I was completely wrong and BRBP was actually townie dayvig.
Second of all, I had actually failed at reading earlier, and I missed that BRBP said he was only one-shot. This probably ruined it for me. For some reason, I decided to ignore the fact that Tanz had said "vanilla townie", because it wasn't the focus of my post. Afterwards, when I had realized my mistake and when we got confirmation from pieguy, I felt that the BRBP issue had been dismissed, so I didn't bother clarifying.
At that point, since I had realized that he doesn't have his dayvig ability anymore, I took my vote off of him because there isn't the risk of him shooting off another innocent.
But during the time of my original post, I hadn't known that, so I was under the impression that he could continue to screw us up even more. I guess I should've read more carefully.

By the way, it's possible to be 'convinced that someone is scum', but still have doubts. I could hardly believe what had even happened, so I just tried to make the best of it, and include my thoughts on other possible situations. Had there been proper clarification, I would've immediately taken my vote off, which is what I had done after pieguy's confirmation.

Lilac wrote:

You agreed with Tanz to lynch a dayvig who just shot and now in the matter of 12 hours, you've done a complete 180 on Tanz's comment and Tanz himself.
You seem to ignore the fact that it was only after pieguy's confirmation that I could believe the things that BRBP said, and that was when I made my 180. For my original post, I hadn't made a proper analysis of Tanz beforehand, so I didn't have any idea of whether or not he was really scummy, but the ideas that he expressed at the time were similar to mines which is why I had agreed to some of the things he said. It was only after I took a look at him that I realized that his posts seemed odd. I would never just contradict myself like that without a reason/cause (that being the confirmation of BRBP's innocence)

Lilac wrote:

As Royston said, do not lynch bad town, lynch mafia.
And as such, I took my vote off of BRBP :I

If you just want me to admit it, then I will, I was completely wrong about that post I had made, and you should take into consideration how I might've felt about the things that BRBP said at the time. And as much as I'd like to stay around and tell you exactly what I was thinking (tbh I'm not too sure about it myself), I really have to go to bed now, otherwise tomorrow morning would be an utter mess for me...
Raging Bull
Well this game sure changes a lot. From Sakura - > Jinxy - > BRBP - > Tanz. Finally an interesting game I suppose.

Has there really ever been an instance of mafia dayvig? I'm not sure. I don't really know pieguy's flavor since I was only in his first Touhou PyP.

I don't know much about current people right now. For now

Vote:Kanye

Played more games than Royston. Exactly the same behavior as scum in DotA. Moderates his own game, but no time to post here. Suspicious imo.

I'll also do a bit more reading.
Lilac
Unvote. I'm satisfied (about 55%) with that response. I have a feeling that BRBP has something more to his role though, it's just a meta feeling with Marisa Kirasame.

Vote: Tanz. Similar reason as to why I hurtled on Hina/Mimi. I'll build a further case as I read on but I think I used quite a bit of my brainpower already, it's bad because I know there's something wrong with my brain and that ain't really good for my body or my mental state.

While we're here, I also actually left a breadcrumb as to what my role is too. Haha, it's nothing like NoHitter's Tanooki though, it requires a thought process and deduction as opposed to find a word like that.
VoidnOwO
show more