forum

Pause after Esc before Retry

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +32
Topic Starter
Aqo
How many people hit Esc just to pause and then accidentally retry and lose their playthrough because of that?
would it be possible to add like a 0.5-second delay before you can click retry after pausing with esc to prevent this.

if possible make this a toggle in options
MieraK
Not really high priority i would say, but yeah, happened to me aswell so support.
she_old
Weird enough it happened a lot to me too, support.
jemhuntr
please add this to the back button as well >.<
PROGUY
Why not have a key to instant-reset instead?
Y'know, "press R to restart"?
CXu
Anyone retrying 384394 times on the same map will be pissed if this happens :p
silmarilen

CXu wrote:

Anyone retrying 384394 times on the same map will be pissed if this happens :p
this
i often instant retry, having to wait every time i want to retry is lame.
MillhioreF
Maybe this would go well with t/111328 - there could be a half-second pause before Retry and Return to Menu are clickable, but they could be immediately used with shortcut keys.
Saten
It doesn't happen very often. But when it does, it can be frustrating.
But there are times when I want to retry immediately, so the delay would just be in the way.
Topic Starter
Aqo

Aqo wrote:

make this a toggle in options
in fact give this a global hotkey. So that the user can either be in "retry-fast" mode or in "delayed retries" mode. win-win
buny
This happens to me but only because of the bug with mouse buttons disabled and having the mouse clicks coming up as soon as they're re-enabled
jemhuntr

buny wrote:

This happens to me but only because of the bug with mouse buttons disabled and having the mouse clicks coming up as soon as they're re-enabled
I have the same exact problem.
theowest
what if it could check if you're doing well or not

"Are you sure you want to retry? You're doing so well!" lol
jemhuntr
Lol dafuq
Topic Starter
Aqo

theowest wrote:

"Are you sure you want to retry? You're doing so well!" lol
hahahahaha xD

would be nice :3

tickbox in options: [ ] Confirm on Exit During Gameplay
Mysterica
Good idea.
Fapping one map is not pretty
Dark Adonis
Meh. When you want to retry quickly, meh.
RaneFire
Retrying requires a double click if pressed within 0.5 seconds? Not necessarily a wait, but a conditional wait that is flexible.
I dunno... "hotkey enable/click disable" sounds like a better solution imo.
But pressing it accidentally happens to me too.
Tanzureir
IMO adding a confirmation before retry/back to menu when the player has either played longer than 2~3 mins or went past the middle of a map seems a good idea.

Moreover, an option can be offered in the "Options" to let the user adjust in which conditions (like how long the player has played / where the player is in a map (like 1/2 or 1/4 or 3/8) ) to ask confirmation when retrying, and also users can totally disable this function if they think it is annoying.
Stefan
Uh.. seems legit since many many people (which includes me as well) make this mistake.
Wouldn't mind to see this, support.
Winshley
I never had this problem, except when during breaks (where I always place the cursor at the middle), pause the game afterwards to take a break for half a minute, and then accidentally clicked it when I touch the mouse. :P

Note that when the word "toggle" is included on the request, the chance of getting this feature implemented are going very slimmer. :roll:
Oinari-sama
I don't have this problem after getting used to using ENTER to resume.
Jacqli
Well some of us agree with this and some of us disagree this *include me
so if this feature is added just don't forget to make an option box for this.
I hate slow things :(
Primula_old
Yep, this is very frustrating.
Make it possible to toggle such a feature in the options.
dkwon8715

Aqo wrote:

How many people hit Esc just to pause and then accidentally retry and lose their playthrough because of that?
would it be possible to add like a 0.5-second delay before you can click retry after pausing with esc to prevent this.

if possible make this a toggle in options
no.
5no.
get gud scrub
Will3x
support support support
Knarf
Support! It is just an option so a win-win situation.
Koko Ban
t/129084

the auto-retry/kick to song select glitch can be nice, but sometimes it can really be annoying especially when the game did something you don't want it to do.

a really simple solution for this is to give the options a "confirmation screen" before it proceeds. (pressing space would choose YES and ESC would choose NO or you could just click either choice) but if this simple solution would make your life a living hell, then idk =shrugs=
Leeham
Supported. Definitely need the "Are you sure?" prompt and the 'R' hotkey (or whatever it is bound to) for quick retry.
Skriggniichan
How hard is it to press esc then left click. Takes 2 seconds flat if even that, no prompt asking if you really meant to press retry because obviously you did because you pressed it.
Pituophis
I used to accidentally hit retry a lot. Would be a good feature IMO.
MattMayuga
I really hope for this to be in the real game. It would be better if it was.