forum

First beatmap! (Kyun! Vampire Girl - IM@S) Feedback

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tinybagels
Hi everyone! If you have the time please check out my beatmap for Kyun! Vampire girl in Easy and Normal difficulty. I had a lot of fun making it so I hope you have fun playing it. I hope I can get it ranked at some point. I know the way I do it is a little unorthodox, so i'm curious to know what you think!!
Thank you!

EDIT: Thanks so much Endaris for the feedback. I've edited the note placement to make more sense with the timing and customized the hitsounds. I also added a hard difficulty!
Endaris
If you intend to rank it at some point, take a look at the ranking criteria, specifically the osu! specific part.
There are several rules and guidelines to ensure that maps of certain difficulty levels conform to a standard and if you intend to rank it, you should be following them.
For your difficulties that means that you would want to redo the locations of your circles and sliders to fulfill time-distance equality, make sure you have no overlaps that are more difficult to interpret than needed and hitsound your map.
You can find plenty resources on mapping in this thread.

Overall I think you have good grasp on how to map rhythm in osu! so once hitsounds and clarity are added, this should be somewhat decent.
Topic Starter
tinybagels

Endaris wrote:

If you intend to rank it at some point, take a look at the ranking criteria, specifically the osu! specific part.
There are several rules and guidelines to ensure that maps of certain difficulty levels conform to a standard and if you intend to rank it, you should be following them.
For your difficulties that means that you would want to redo the locations of your circles and sliders to fulfill time-distance equality, make sure you have no overlaps that are more difficult to interpret than needed and hitsound your map.
You can find plenty resources on mapping in this thread.

Overall I think you have good grasp on how to map rhythm in osu! so once hitsounds and clarity are added, this should be somewhat decent.

Thank you so much for the reply!! I'll keep working on it and fix the distance issues.