forum

Status of player behind name

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +707
show more
Saten
Yes long names are a big issue if you're gonna have the text after your username.
KuroHari_old

Sakura wrote:

Also remember that osu! is a rythm game not skype or MSN messanger
theowest
I can imagine this getting very abused.
geckogates
support! would love to have the warmup status, maybe something for when your performing at your best too, like "on fire" xD
Phenomz
Make the userpanels larger? xD just sayin'
Kluddio
approved +1

Would be good to be able to write "warmup" i don't know how many times someone have commented on me while im doing my warmup ^^
ann_old
I like the idea. /away is so 2011.

Support.
Tom69_old
Dropped some stars. Still supporting because of usefulness. :>
H_Hitachiin
I would totally support if I had not use my star >.<
mangga_old
i support this :3
Kuro
I can see the abuse in this but I can also see the benefit. I would love to put warming up or busy so certain people won't pm me when I'm busy. :roll:
+ I believe it'll be hard to abuse something as simple as this so you'd have to be a complete idiot to successfully get in trouble over it.
XinCrin
Good Idea , i support this :)
Aqo
A lot of people want this to have exactly the following 3 statuses:

1. Warming up ( = just logged on, playing like shit, don't expect anything)
2. On fire ( = playing good now! give map requests, gonna kick ass)
3. Farming scores ( = please don't interrupt me I'm just trying to FC this shitty map)

Would be nice if there was at least a dropbox to pick those
CZ2267
maybe I support this (:
theowest
Here's a must have idea. Not being able to put any message behind the "name" when you're silenced. In case you want to find a way to communicate.

edit: The current message should also be cleared in case that's the reason you were silenced. e.g. Hateful/insults comments on another person as a status.
FrzR
++ Support!

Just like a normal chat room. Or maybe Yahoo! Messenger. XD

"Canned" Chat might help silenced players but.. i guess that could spam the room. Any thoughts? :3
Aqo
Bump.

can you please implement this already

Renard wrote:

I think it would be useful if people could put a status behind their name at manual choice
Just give us options like "Practicing", "Not Serious", "Setting Scores", "Warmup" if you don't want to let users write manual choices altho manual would really be better.

I was playing with an arcade stick (for clicking) today and a bunch of people came to spec me fail on streams. wtf. please let us write a status already ._.
Kluddio

Stefan wrote:

Not neccessary at all, but maybe it will be implemented.
It's not always about "Neccessary" it's a fun thing and it won't hurt the game.
It's like /away *Text*, but it is under your avatar.

But it could be abused with text that is not for 18 or less people.
that might be bad.
Aqo

Cloudio-san wrote:

Which is also true for like everything ever? It's not like people can't "abuse" avatars either with nsfw images. If you don't post on the forums you can have a nsfw avatar forever and never get caught. This is not a reason to not bring up a feature that many people would find useful.

Almost every single person I know would have a lot of use for this feature and would use this all the time.
Wishy

Aqo wrote:

Cloudio-san wrote:

Which is also true for like everything ever? It's not like people can't "abuse" avatars either with nsfw images. If you don't post on the forums you can have a nsfw avatar forever and never get caught. This is not a reason to not bring up a feature that many people would find useful.

Almost every single person I know would have a lot of use for this feature and would use this all the time.
You do get caught even if you don't play/post in forums.
vipto
babump

support~
Blaziken
Wow, Fezu....
(Support)
theowest

Blaziken wrote:

Wow, Fezu....
(Support)
norwegian oil
Mosti07
looks cool :D
Cleatis
Support :)

Good idea
Winshley

Kidding. :P Anyways, support~
theramdans
Hmm just like personal message in skype/MSN messenger, woluld be great xD
Support~
deadbeat
theowest

deadbeat wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/15359 xD
marking that as duplicate then

funny how op is banned on this topic .-.
Spare
need this :3
Jenny
"playing with my uguu bitches and having kawaii time on my bed"

(Kyonko indeed is uguu but I can't play her :<)
TheVileOne
Giving this thread some more attention. It would be like /away only better.
she_old
I like the "silenced" one.
darkmiz
Renard - Banned forever
Akhlis_old
Please accept my stars :3
Great idea!
MoonChow
The Pics Died cant see them.

-support untill i see some pics
ReVeNg3r
invisible pls :oops:
TheVileOne
BUMP

I really want this to happen. I think it's much more informative to set a custom status instead of afk/idle. osu's definition of AFK is hardly inaccurate. Most AFK people will become active if you message them. /away is inconvenient to use, and is not well known. you can't see someone's away status until you've already messaged them. I feel stupid trying to contact a player marked as AFK and they are actually AFK. It wastes time waiting for a player to respond that might be AFK.

This would all be solved if you could set your status to describe what you're doing. There could be a textbox somewhere or it could be activated via command.

Example

!status Watching youtubes, may not respond
!status bug testing
!status eating
StickyPicky

TheVileOne wrote:

BUMP

I really want this to happen. I think it's much more informative to set a custom status instead of afk/idle. osu's definition of AFK is hardly inaccurate. Most AFK people will become active if you message them. /away is inconvenient to use, and is not well known. you can't see someone's away status until you've already messaged them. I feel stupid trying to contact a player marked as AFK and they are actually AFK. It wastes time waiting for a player to respond that might be AFK.

This would all be solved if you could set your status to describe what you're doing. There could be a textbox somewhere or it could be activated via command.

Example

!status Watching youtubes, may not respond
!status bug testing
!status eating
boat

Sakura wrote:

Seems like another way people could abuse to "talk" when being silenced, no support.

Edit: Unless you can only choose from a list of status.
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I may as well add in that this is a silly argument against as it's abusable in other ways already, as well that you're most commonly silenced for inappropriate behavior in public chats which this clearly wont affect at all.
Abel

boat wrote:

Sakura wrote:

Seems like another way people could abuse to "talk" when being silenced, no support.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I may as well add in that this is a silly argument against as it's abusable in other ways already, as well that you're most commonly silenced for inappropriate behavior in public chats which this clearly wont affect at all.
So, why cant this be locked when you are muted like the "pm others, write in chat, change your userpage, submit a beatmap" ?
And yes, I want this too
Shohei Ohtani
It'd be cool if this could be added, and it would appear when you open up a private PM dialog.

ie. if I were to type "/chat Users423", and he had a status in effect, upon opening the tab, it would automatically say "Status: Currently streaming, please don't PM!" or something.
Abel

CDFA wrote:

It'd be cool if this could be added, and it would appear when you open up a private PM dialog.

ie. if I were to type "/chat Users423", and he had a status in effect, upon opening the tab, it would automatically say "Status: Currently streaming, please don't PM!" or something.
YES

Curently eating ramen..
HATERS GONA HATE :P
Aireu
if i had a star i would definitely put it down here :D
Rin Kagamine
Good idea ♥~

Vote! :)
Tshemmp

Aqo wrote:

A lot of people want this to have exactly the following 3 statuses:

1. Warming up ( = just logged on, playing like shit, don't expect anything)
2. On fire ( = playing good now! give map requests, gonna kick ass)
3. Farming scores ( = please don't interrupt me I'm just trying to FC this shitty map)

Would be nice if there was at least a dropbox to pick those
haha, this is perfect, please make this happen
Nyxa

Sakura wrote:

Abel wrote:

boat wrote:

So, why cant this be locked when you are muted like the "pm others, write in chat, change your userpage, submit a beatmap" ?
And yes, I want this too
If you'd have to set your status through chat (like /status Eating KFC fingers will be sticky please don't watch) wouldn't that automatically disable the feature for silenced people? If you could only choose from a list of statuses it'd be practically the same as what we have now.

Also, it'd be nice if I could set myself to "Editing" when I'm working on a GD since for some reason people seem to assume that there is another Tess whom I'm modding for. That, and some of the other things listed in this thread are pretty neat. Just /away doesn't cut it, seriously.

Lastly if there are statuses can there be a Do Not Disturb status that when toggled stops giving you notifications when you get messaged or hled? I'm tired of hearing that jolly osu message sound and having my taskbar pop out when trying to watch yuri.

This should be a thing.
Verniy_Chan
Good idea..
xAsylum
I like it :)
+1 support
epuxeka
I need this. Please add!
- Sugoi Sugoi -
@Fezu (96) 0_o
Amazing idea take my stars (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧