forum

Status of player behind name

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +707
Topic Starter
Renard_old
so i think it would be useful if ppl could put a status behind their name at manual choice( FROM A PREMADE LIST >>> examples

silenced / bored / sad / happy / busy...training... go on and on :3

Edit: Unless you can only choose from a list of status. <<< thats what i meant not actually typing it down
Failed
Seems pretty cool.

Support.
Aqo
Good idea, I often really wonder about this when seeing people listed in F9. +support
Sakura
Seems like another way people could abuse to "talk" when being silenced, no support.

Edit: Unless you can only choose from a list of status.
Naikaze

Aqo wrote:

I often really wonder about this when seeing people listed in F9
+1

+support
Topic Starter
Renard_old

Sakura wrote:

Seems like another way people could abuse to "talk" when being silenced, no support.

Edit: Unless you can only choose from a list of status.
disable the feature for silenced ppl then , and make the list of choices of what status to put in a CHOOSEABLE LIST manually and not actually manually typing it down
Stefan
Not neccessary at all, but maybe it will be implemented.
Tom69_old
Especially warmups would be a nice status. I am tired of crying in #spec about how bad I currently play.
Failed

Tom69 wrote:

Especially warmups would be a nice status. I am tired of crying in #spec about how bad I currently play.
^ lol
Phenomz
The "@ Silenced" example seems like a good idea lol
Sakura

Phenomz- wrote:

No, for the same reasons that bancho doesnt PM you when a moderator silences you.
Topic Starter
Renard_old

Sakura wrote:

Phenomz- wrote:

No, for the same reasons that bancho doesnt PM you when a moderator silences you.
keep in mind these are just examples, :3
Sakura
Still tho, dont you have the statuses: "Idle" "Playing" "Watching" "Editing" "Modding" "Afk" "Submitting" already?

You also got the /away command.
Re_Znseemm6
It's very good!! vote,vote!!XD
Topic Starter
Renard_old

Sakura wrote:

Still tho, dont you have the statuses: "Idle" "Playing" "Watching" "Editing" "Modding" "Afk" "Submitting" already?
yes but still many players can be half afk move their mouse once to see somthing and still be afk or busy, or ppl will not know if som1 is doing warmups or playing for real ( wich usually 99% of the players play really bad when their not warmed up , this can be usefull to avoid many incoming PM,s to players wich are not needed with this tiny little feature :3, or som1 thats half afk moving the mouse somtimes and som1 typing to him and not getting responds wich can be quite annoying, ... its a very simple feature wich can help alot in several ways, aswell in overview but also in status, besides the osu standard status system cannot show if som1 is busy while not beeing afk or warmups
Rizumu Tenshi
Must work. AFK is not needed as the status gets black, but other stuff as "Warm up" would be nice :)
Works great with Dash Hopes 3 and most hard-to-pass songs (even the retarded-because-so-hard, that includes Dash Hopes 3) when you're trying to nomod them, type "Struggling" and, well, the beatmap being played tells the rest. However, for example, you're playing Kuusou Mesorogiwi because you find it fun, but you passed it thrice. That's something else, you know... But still works at that situation. Overall, this works, and, with the mods displayed without having to see the /np or spectate, you'll get the full explanation of what the player is doing when he's playing. For example, The Big Black. I can HalfTime that but then at a time I wanted to HT FL it, then you immediately think I'm struggling. Then at a time HalfTime only. You're gonna be confused, right? And there's no /np in the example... This still works. Double +2.
lemm
awoo
Topic Starter
Renard_old
yap thats what i had in mind... just a simple feature for status
Phenomz

Sakura wrote:

Phenomz- wrote:

by the way, I'd like to know those "reasons", what's wrong to know when you're silenced? You still taking alone like a retard, why can't bancho tell you when someone silenced you... you still can't talk but you KNOW that you can't.
Kaona
Got no stars :( but I support this and would really like to see it implemented~ :D
cr1mmy
Will be a good update, support this!
Zumi

Kaona wrote:

Got no stars :( but I support this and would really like to see it implemented~ :D
^^
Tsukimi Luna
+1
[BlinK]
Maybe a list of them could be like

Away
Busy
Warming Up
Do Not Disturb
Looking to Multi
Looking to Spectate
Listening to Music
Sick/Ill
Recording

EDIT: I'll add anyone's suggestions here I guess
Struggling
Bored
Sad
Happy
Training

EDIT 2:
Val0108's: Sleep
Geckogates's: On Fire

Ect ect.

Anyways Support, i used all of my stars already lol
deadbeat
don't really need away since your icon changes colour when your afk anyway
[BlinK]

deadbeat wrote:

don't really need away since your icon changes colour when your afk anyway
But sometimes i just alt tab into osu and alt tab back out, and it says i'm afk when i dont touch it. When i'm actually at the pc
Nokeru

Renard wrote:

Edit: Unless you can only choose from a list of status. <<< thats what i meant not actually typing it down

I wanted to say what Sakura mentioned... But Renard edited :x
So, I'll support this. Because yes and because Renard forced me (?)
Now, seriously, I don't think any bad would be take if we add this little thing~
And anyway.

[BlinK] wrote:

Maybe a list of them could be like

Away
Busy
Warming Up
Do Not Disturb
Looking to Multi
Looking to Spectate
Listening to Music

EDIT: I'll add anyone's suggestions here I guess
Struggling
Bored
Sad
Happy
Training

Ect ect.l
^Yeah. Something like that would be okay ºoº
theowest
I don't understand how this feature request got so much activity in the past hour. :(
sCam
i want this just for warmups lol
[BlinK]

theowest wrote:

I don't understand how this feature request got so much activity in the past hour. :(
Magic
PhiLL A
+1
Lolitsune

[BlinK] wrote:

Warming Up
I would use it all the time lol
No stars at the moment, +support
Andrea
I like the idea.

Supporting this :3
Saten
nice for away messages as well

so support~
Hypello
i really like the idea, when you start playing osu you're basically crap :P.
So if ppl spec you then its kinda ashaming :p
So support :D
PhiLL A
so much activity in 1 hour
Sakura

Sakura wrote:

Topic Starter
Renard_old
the away command removes as soon u start playing :3
Ayu
My support is here.
val0108

add sleep
MightyHazama
Hey, I'm all for this idea. Total support!
Saten

Sakura wrote:

Sakura wrote:

with /away, you actually have to send a message for it to appear. With this you'll know beforehand.
Mythol
nice
Ayu
I laughed at Val's post.
Mrs Sparrow 0w0
Good idea! Like the warmups-idea n.n
deadbeat

Saten wrote:

Sakura wrote:

with /away, you actually have to send a message for it to appear. With this you'll know beforehand.
i'd rather the /away message since you can put more detail into it.
but there are some ideas that could work for this
Mongeed
so much stars
rickyboi
Support. This is nice.
KSHR
Let me support this! This idea sounds good to me.
It will take a little long time to be accepted. But never give up for people who is supporting this please!

fight~
Milkshake
would be nice to have a list somewhere where you can choose afk/brb/warming up(/commiting suicide because i'm noob), i don't have stars but support.
show more