forum

How to improve at osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kanye West

Purlpo wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

Actually the triceps have nothing to do with streaming speed. That would be the intrinsic lumbricals and the extensor digitorum. Streaming involves rapid extension and flexion of the metacarpophalangeal joints of your index and middle finger as well as some pronation/supination of the forearm. The triceps actually extend the entire forearm and don't really contribute.

tl;dr wrong muscle
I wished I was as intelligent as you are
No you don't, I'm retarded. I just know big words
winber1
but i thought big words = intelligent

??

????
kriers
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

tl;dr I am Einstein
winber1
your iq greatly surpasses mine
Elit3noob
no "how to improve at spinners (for mouse-users)" :?
Coro

Elit3noob wrote:

Make really tiny circles around the center of the spinner.
It works really well that way~
buny

Elit3noob wrote:

spin small circles, gradually raise speed when you're confident in drawing scribbly circles
Frizz
Or try to use lower sensitivity. Lower sensitivity helps you spinning in small circles a lot.
Elit3noob
you guys sure about spinning with smaller circles? I tried it ages ago but I seem to spin much slower when I do small circles
Zare

Elit3noob wrote:

you guys sure about spinning with smaller circles? I tried it ages ago but I seem to spin much slower when I do small circles
Once u get used to it, u will spin faster with smaller circles. Also, u have more control over ur mouse. With big circles the chance of missing a hitcircle right after the spinner is much higher because u have to find the cursor first..

However, it takes long to get fast at spinning.. When I started 6 months ago i spinned about 250 spm. Now It's around 380-420, sometimes more.
In the end, it's all practice.
silmarilen
spinning in small circles is not nnecessarily faster, but it gives you a lot more control over your cursor.
if you are spinning all over the screen and right after the spinner there are some jumps you first have to find back your cursor, then reposition, and then do the jumps. if you spin small circles you already know where the cursor is, you can do the repositioning during the spinning and dont have to worry about anything.
Kanye West

Elit3noob wrote:

How to improve at mouse: copy kriers
thelewa
It used to be "Copy taNa"
winber1
doesn't really matter where you spin in relation to the center as long as it is not random spamming motion. It just has to be decently close and accurate. most noobs just panic throw their cursor everywhere .
kriers

thelewa wrote:

It used to be "Copy taNa"
I copied taNa
thelewa

winber1 wrote:

doesn't really matter where you spin in relation to the center as long as it is not random spamming motion. It just has to be decently close and accurate. most noobs just panic throw their cursor everywhere .
But Rucker's spinning was random spamming motion.

I mean he just tensed his hand until it started shaking and then he tried to spin at the same time.
kriers

thelewa wrote:

winber1 wrote:

I mean he just tensed his hand until it started shaking and then he tried to spin at the same time.
That's basically what I do too
Wishy

thelewa wrote:

winber1 wrote:

He played with a super small area too so yeah.
lolcubes
It really makes no difference what kind of sensitivity you have if you want to spin well. It's just that it's easier to know how well you're spinning in regards to the center of the spinner if the circles are small. I actually tried spinning with 5700 dpi and mouse accel on and max sensitivity in game, basically it was so ridiculously high that even doing smallest movement would make your mouse go to the edge of the screen, and even with those "squares" the spins were still just as good. :p
Bweh
Thanks
G0r
The way I see it, small circles are better for when you have low DPI, but high DPI is really difficult to control with small motions like that, so to get the same result you need to do larger circles.
Mythras
hardest part of the entire game is keeping the pen close to the damn tablet, if there was a tablet that never dc'd based on distance i'd be amazing
Kanye West

Unkind wrote:

hardest part of the entire game is keeping the pen close to the damn tablet, if there was a tablet that never dc'd based on distance i'd be amazing
You can always drag, and it's okay if you accidentally tap too if you disable mouse clicks.
Uncle Buly
Sticky this kawaii uguu thread desu pls
Full Tablet
A good trick to spin faster is using a tiny cursor (so you can do tiny circles without obscuring the center of the spinner). My spin speed improved considerably (from about 380 average to 420 average, about 460 when I put an effort in spinning) when I changed my cursor's size from about 51x51 pixels to 26x26 pixels (I use a tablet BTW, I don't know if that would help with a mouse), also, with enough muscle memory maybe you don't need visual feedback at all to spin.
Kanye West
It's easier to spin in large circles with a mouse. I actually preferred to spin in medium or large-sized circles when I used mouse because it was more natural that way.
Aqo
It's different for everyone, Kanye. My spins with tablet are waaaay larger than my mouse spins. (might be because of recent area change but still)
kriers
spinner size is 100% dependant on the area/dpi you are using for mouse and tablet...
Topic Starter
jesse1412
I do the tiniest spins in osu!
buny
Has anybody actually improved from this?
Bweh
My accuracy improved by about 2% thanks to this.
silmarilen

kriers wrote:

spinner size is 100% dependant on the area/dpi you are using for mouse and tablet...
not true, my spinner size changed but my dpi didnt. its also dependant on how good you are at controlling your cursor.
kriers

silmarilen wrote:

kriers wrote:

not true, my spinner size changed but my dpi didnt. its also dependant on how good you are at controlling your cursor.
given you spin the same, it really is.
enik

buny wrote:

I improved really a lot, raised my accuracy, aiming and streaming skillz. All thanks to this advice:
SPOILER

jesus1412 wrote:

Basically, practice.
Dekonare

buny wrote:

Yup, just keep practicing and practicing.
buny
Oh I didn't know you improved by practicing.
Topic Starter
jesse1412

buny wrote:

Oh I didn't know you improved by practicing.
That's why I made this thread 8-)
Aqo
practicing certain things made me worse at other things

jesse what do

halp
Topic Starter
jesse1412

Aqo wrote:

practicing certain things made me worse at other things

jesse what do

halp
Practice suicide so you can be better at life 8-)

EDIT: Changelog: -100% kawaii
+100% cool
Zakdawg
Aren't there any tips regarding how to improve overall endurance and finger speed?

That would be most welcome as I personally cant accurately stream faster than 180 bpm :(
show more