forum

Took a 2 day hiatus and lost all skill.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Celebration
Took a break for 2 days due to a vacation.

I lost what feels like everything. I can barely stream 200BPM for 2 seconds anymore when before I could stream 200 for about 20 seconds. Can barely aim 5 stars and my aim isn't snappy like it was before. I miss most singletaps, reading is always off, and I also lost my grip. I've been playing for a few hours now and I can't seem to get back into it. This is making me angry :(

Can anybody help me get back into the groove?
lonkor
there was a period in my osu career when i played very rarely, around 1 hour playtime every week for several months. it made me lose my mouse grip and arm position which made playing the game very demoralizing, don't know how else to describe it. i endured it somehow and got my grip and arm position back to comfortable levels again. but you are saying that you lost all your skill in just 2 days.

are you sure you "lost all skill"?
are you sure that you aren't just having a bad day or two?
are you sure that you could stream 200bpm for about 20 seconds CONSISTENTLY and it wasn't just a fluke?

if the answer is yes then i don't know how to help.
Almost
You just need to follow 3 simple steps:

1. Stop being a drama queen
  2. Lower the difficulty
  3. Play more
Topic Starter
Celebration

lonkor wrote:

there was a period in my osu career when i played very rarely, around 1 hour playtime every week for several months. it made me lose my mouse grip and arm position which made playing the game very demoralizing, don't know how else to describe it. i endured it somehow and got my grip and arm position back to comfortable levels again. but you are saying that you lost all your skill in just 2 days.

are you sure you "lost all skill"?
are you sure that you aren't just having a bad day or two?
are you sure that you could stream 200bpm for about 20 seconds CONSISTENTLY and it wasn't just a fluke?

if the answer is yes then i don't know how to help.

Well then I don't know. Yes I'm sure of all that.

Almost wrote:

2. Lower the difficulty
  3. Play more

You're no help and you are everywhere.

Almost wrote:

2. Lower the difficulty
  3. Play more

Almost
Yes, nothing I say is relevant because I'm decaying right?
Topic Starter
Celebration

Almost wrote:

Not quite that. You don't answer with the intention of helping someone. You rather sarcastically answer in a way to make them feel like they are dumb for even saying it.
Endaris

Celebration wrote:

Almost wrote:

2. Lower the difficulty
  3. Play more

He's right though.
Your history before you created this thread is full of 6*+. Yes, you do need to lower the difficulty and play more to get away from performing poorly on 6* maps.
Topic Starter
Celebration

Endaris wrote:

Celebration wrote:

Almost wrote:

2. Lower the difficulty
  3. Play more

He's right though.
Your history before you created this thread is full of 6*+. Yes, you do need to lower the difficulty and play more to get away from performing poorly on 6* maps.

What do you mean? I play too many 6*'s? How did you even see that?

I need more maps that are 5 stars.
Endaris
There's an option to see the most recent failed scores on your profile among many other things if you use this browser addon:
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/408541
Almost

Celebration wrote:

Almost wrote:

Not quite that. You don't answer with the intention of helping someone. You rather sarcastically answer in a way to make them feel like they are dumb for even saying it.

LOL. Do I answer sarcastically all the time? No I don't, I do on occassion when questions are just plain silly however the solutions I give are sarcastically correct - this one too if you were to actually have bothered to think about it. I purposely threw in some spice for you simply because I know you dislike me for whatever reason.

Here, let me throw you a bone a help explain things for you.

Stop being a drama queen is simply telling you to stop over exaggerating about your problem as it's only causing you further frustration. It's not the end of the world and literally everyone goes through it from time to time.

Reducing difficulty is the solution to your problem. Go practice basics and warm back into playing what you did before. If you're a weight lifter and you just aren't feeling too hot for whatever reason, are you going to still be going in to lift the heaviest weights you could lift before? No, you would drop the weight and ego.

And finally play more is self explanatory.
marcelo
I took 2 month break and it took me a while to get used to it again.
This may sound retarded but, maybe you are setting your expectations too high for yourself. Maybe you aren’t warmed up aswell, or maybe today isn’t just one of your good days. I’d say that you aren’t really warmed up lol, judging from your posts, you only played 200 bpm stream maps and not playing lower bpm stream maps. Also the aim thing, taking a break may also change the way you aim, so try a different area or a more comfortable grip. I had a small area from before I took a break and after I took the break my area basically became 1/4 off my tablet
Antiforte
Most of the advice here already solves your question, but just to recap:

Play easier maps. It'll help you to play the difficulties that your eyes and mind can actually follow and comprehend, since that is when you actually have the chance to correct your mistakes, and improve.

Also, just lower your expectations in general. There is nothing wrong with wanting to improve, but you should also be able to handle the situation that you won't improve everyday, to just accept it as it is and play something easier.

As an aside, y'all should really let go of this bad blood. It does no one here any good to be worked up over some silly remark about some number on a circle-clicking game.
im flat

Almost wrote:

2. Lower the difficulty
  3. Play more

couldn't have said it better myself
Topic Starter
Celebration
LOL im sorry for posting this cuz i just absolutely demolished, ill quit being a drama queen.
tonimi007
huhu i lost my skill, help me
Lilyn
tonimi this post is 21 months old aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Brainage
why is it only the 5 and 6 digits that necropost and how do they even find these old forum posts?
oblivion2k

Brainage wrote:

why is it only the 5 and 6 digits that necropost and how do they even find these old forum posts?
You realize "only 5 and 6 digits" is about 99.9999% of the active playerbase?
WitherMite
because anyone who is good at the game is spending time playing instead of looking for old forum posts to dig up.

that and yea, by the nature of how numbers work most players are above 5 digits.