forum

[result screen] Show how many slider breaks you've got (osu!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +157
show more
deadbeat
lol. i was about to requesting adding that to the OP, but your 1 step ahead of me :p
i think both slider breaks and combo breaks would be interesting to have, since the number of misses doesn't all ways equal the number of combo breaks.
Zare
Nice idea, support \o\
Keredna
After reading the further posts, I more or less get what you guys are talking about. Basically just a more detailed report.

Regarding my post earlier, I was referring to ranked/approved maps.

Times when osu! didn't 100%: Almagest

Deadbeat mentioned that you can just view the top 40/50 for full combo: Strangeprogram
And since it's Cookiezi's gameplay, I would've easily confuse that as the max combo of the map.
As for looking into test mode.... meh ~_~, that's just my laziness.

I personally just want to know if I missed any combo, which can be solved by subtracting my current combo with the total combo of the map (which is why I suggested displaying that instead earlier).
Topic Starter
theowest

Keredna wrote:

After reading the further posts, I more or less get what you guys are talking about. Basically just a more detailed report.

Regarding my post earlier, I was referring to ranked/approved maps.

Times when osu! didn't 100%: Almagest

Deadbeat mentioned that you can just view the top 40/50 for full combo: Strangeprogram
And since it's Cookiezi's gameplay, I would've easily confuse that as the max combo of the map.
As for looking into test mode.... meh ~_~, that's just my laziness.

I personally just want to know if I missed any combo, which can be solved by subtracting my current combo with the total combo of the map (which is why I suggested displaying that instead earlier).
then support this: t/86421
or something
Wishy
I thought this was about slider breaks --> meaning when you lose your whole combo.
Topic Starter
theowest

Wishy22 wrote:

I thought this was about slider breaks --> meaning when you lose your whole combo.
I mean both. Anything that affect your combo but isn't a miss. = the two types of slider breaks.
bwross
The thing is that tail drops don't actually "break". Technically, they're more like a form of bonus.
Topic Starter
theowest

bwross wrote:

The thing is that tail drops don't actually "break". Technically, they're more like a form of bonus.
Yeah, you fail to gain the last combo from the slider, thus making your combo smaller. I want to include them because they affect the total combo and they're not counted otherwise because they're not misses.

Bonus? They certainly isn't a good thing if you want full combo.
bwross
The thing is that they don't "take" anything from your total combo... you technically fail to gain the +1 bonus to combo that comes with holding down the slider long enough. And because of that your final totals won't be as high as people who collect all the bonuses... which, yes, isn't a good thing if you want to maximize your totals, but that's true of giving up bonuses in any game.
Topic Starter
theowest

bwross wrote:

The thing is that they don't "take" anything from your total combo... you technically fail to gain the +1 bonus to combo that comes with holding down the slider long enough. And because of that your final totals won't be as high as people who collect all the bonuses... which, yes, isn't a good thing if you want to maximize your totals, but that's true of giving up bonuses in any game.
yeah, that's what I mean.
PhiLL A
all of my yes
Mindwaves
if it's add on taiko mod and CTB mod,that's very cool and helpful.

support.
Topic Starter
theowest

mrMindwaves wrote:

support.
obviously
Saten
If you fail to finish a slider but but didn't miss any slider ticks. Then you wont break the combo but you'll get a 100 so you'll lose accuracy. Not sure if you can call it a bonus then.
Basically, you can do anything. Just don't miss any slider ticks or the tail.

I kinda support this. Seems very useful.

Btw, where will these slider-breaks go on the result-screen?
Tsukimi Luna
To be honest adding it will make the result-screen a bit wierd~
Support >w</
Topic Starter
theowest
It's possible that the screen might need some redesign. It's also possible that it may also display average mistimed hits on replay screen t/87536
bwross

mrMindwaves wrote:

In CtB, in the final screen the tick marks (ie 100s) and tails/reverses (which are 300s) are always accounted for (if you miss any, they get added to misses). Max Combo equals 300s + 100s + misses... you don't get that in standard (the tick marks aren't accounted for anywhere other than the combo count).

What's missing from the CtB score screen (but not the website) is the missed droplets, and that's been requested:

t/90924

In fact, this request is seeming to be the standard version of that request. The Taiko equivalent as well as spin counts also gets some discussion in that thread.
XPJ38
Yes, please. Yes.

So many S's with sliderbreaks... This feature NEEDS to be implemented.
Saten
Spinners in taiko and ctb are not counted towards your max combo and doesn't affect your accuracy in any way.

Well the drumrolls in taiko (at least on the non-specific ones where they appear more often) are what affects the score most if you FC a map.
Spinners intaiko are easier to clear because you don't have to be that accurate

Having the ticks also counted would be better
It would be easier to justify if a player with low accuracy got a better score than a high accuracy player
Sometimes, even a HD/HR player gets better score than a DT player.
Topic Starter
theowest
Interesting. Thanks for the insight Saten.
bwross
The essence of these requests is in accounting for all the score opportunities. There are two categories of those opportunities... the ones everyone expects to get and the ones that most people expect to fall short of perfect (which get considered more as a bonus that separates out the top scores).

The first category is everything that adds up to max combo for standard (this includes spinner completion, but not the spin bonus), combo stuff + droplets for CtB, and everything for Taiko (circles + slider ticks + dendens). For these objects it's always interesting to know your shortfall... it doesn't really matter if Taiko slider ticks and dendens don't affect accuracy (they also don't add to your total hit count), they affect score significantly and come in fixed batches that people expect to collect (or at least really try to). Dendens are certainly very important in Taiko and shouldn't be overlooked to focus only on slider ticks... there are some maps where the top scores have HR, but DT is not to be seen (even though the map is easy and slow enough that you'd expect DT), and the reason is simple, HR gave enough in larger dendens to dominate over even the HR+DT scores (which got smaller dendens)... an extreme example of this is the Loituma spinner map (HR gets a 129 hit denden for 38700 points, but if you add DT you get a 97 hit denden for only 29100). For Taiko, you really want to know how many slider ticks and denden hits were hit/missed. The missing information for standard and CtB has already been discussed.

The second category is Standard spinner bonus and CtB banana time bananas... this is where the showing information on the amount of spinner bonus and banana catches come in. It's yet another key piece in the accounting that can show why one score beats out another... as well as providing targets to meet or beat.
Topic Starter
theowest
So you also want to be able to see how many slider ticks you've got in taiko
and how much spinner bonus you get in standard and ctb?

sounds good so I requested them: t/100576/ and t/100578/
bwross
Well, to me it's all really the same request. If one mode is getting something, the other modes should probably get support for analogous things. CtB already covers missing droplets (on the web page), but Taiko and standard don't get coverage for their missing slider objects. And once you get to dendens (which are much like sliders), you should consider supporting spinners in other modes too.

But I suppose it doesn't hurt too much to have the threads for each... it just might spread people's stars a bit thin.
Topic Starter
theowest
They are a bit too different. You can't request multiple requests in one post. I'd be too complicated. What if just one of these requests are added?
bwross
Then I'd think that the other modes got shafted. It's like if Sanbai mod was added for taiko only... standard and CtB rightfully deserve the same opportunity to play actual double time, without having to submit three different requests. If something makes sense in other modes it should be covered by a single request.

Maybe spinners are a bit too different and should be a separate request, but slider ticks (standard and taiko), dendens, and droplets are really the same things.
Topic Starter
theowest
I did some research and found out that missing these tiny "droplets" in CtB just lowers your accuracy, while the slider ticks are a bit bigger. The biggest fruits are the notes.
All of this is already displayed on the ctb score screen.

that leaves osu!, which is what I'm proposing here. Showing how many slider breaks (the two types) you've got on a map.
VelperK
epic drawning theo

support ofc :)

also make sure (peppy) to check this one too for ctb! t/90924
Topic Starter
theowest
The redesign:
bwross
I'm well aware of what's shown on the CtB screen. The droplets are typically at tick rate 4 (for TR 3 maps they're at 6), so if the map uses TR 4, they don't appear at all, only the big drops (this results in maps where FC == SS). What's missing from that screen are the missed droplets... the caught droplets are there, the missed fruit/drops is there, but the missed droplets are only listed on the website. Droplets aren't just accuracy, they're also worth 10 points and add to Total Hits.

Also, when you're done with CtB, that also leaves Taiko (not just CtB). The ultimate request is simply, "Show the misses that aren't already counted on the score screen"... because the X count on every mode comes up short in that regard.

And stop calling them slider breaks if you want to include tail drops. That's confusing. Tail drops simply don't break. It needs a better name. Or perhaps, slider breaks and tail drops should be listed separately.

Edit: And that graph isn't useless. When playing Autopilot/Relax, it's the way to see if a screw up would have been fatal.

Edit 2: Also, it would probably be better to group misses together and hits together. Ie, swap the spin bonus and the misses.
Topic Starter
theowest

bwross wrote:

What's missing from that screen are the missed droplets...
There's already a feature request for that: t/90924
I'm not changing anything else. Stop complaining and support VelperK's request. I'm not talking about CtB in my request.

bwross wrote:

Also, it would probably be better to group misses together and hits together. Ie, swap the spin bonus and the misses.
Good idea.
Mira-san
He meant this way.
Nessuka
yes
deadbeat

bwross wrote:

Also, it would probably be better to group misses together and hits together. Ie, swap the spin bonus and the misses.
I can see why you would think that, but i think keeping the miss where is it is better imo. reason being because it belongs more with the 300's/100's/50's whereas the slider breaks and spin bonus is just extra information
Topic Starter
theowest

Mira-san wrote:

He meant this way.
yes, thank you.
deadbeat

theowest wrote:

Mira-san wrote:

He meant this way.
yes, thank you.
the hit300g.png doesn't need to be there imo though. keep that out and put the hit0.png back where it was and then yeah. thats about right
Mira-san

deadbeat wrote:

theowest wrote:

yes, thank you.
the hit300g.png doesn't need to be there imo though. keep that out and put the hit0.png back where it was and then yeah. thats about right
I created it. Will do. c:
bwross

theowest wrote:

bwross wrote:

What's missing from that screen are the missed droplets...
There's already a feature request for that: t/90924
I'm not changing anything else. Stop complaining and support VelperK's request. I'm not talking about CtB in my request.
Actually, you were (complete with a screen shot). I had assumed that that matter was settled, but apparently it wasn't. When I said that, it was in response to you saying that nothing was missing... so naturally it needed further discussion, because there was something missing (plus I felt that I should fill in what your research on droplets missed).

Of course I know about that request, I linked to it in this thread, VelperK has linked to it, and now you've linked it (I think everyone here knows that thread's number by heart now). Which is fine by me... go ahead and keep linking these requests together. I'm not complaining. :)

It also occurs to me that it would be even better to not have text for these things... icons would fit better with skins and the other items on the screen. Plus, it saves on localization. I'm thinking that slider misses might be able to be done like CtB misses... a combination of the skin's slider tick with hit0 (yeah, that doesn't really cover tails... maybe a small (CS10?) slider with an X would be better?). Spinner bonus could use spinner-circle (I've looked through a few skins, including the default template, and they do look good enough reduced). Other modes could substitute their equivalent graphics.

deadbeat wrote:

bwross wrote:

I can see why you would think that, but i think keeping the miss where is it is better imo. reason being because it belongs more with the 300's/100's/50's whereas the slider breaks and spin bonus is just extra information
The misses are in the column with geki and katu, which aren't score/combo things like 300s/100s/50s, they're bonuses to the HP meter. So I really don't see it as too important to keep it where it is... not when swapping it with the spinner bonus in that mockup would put it at the bottom of the column with the 300s/100s/50s... grouping it both ways (with hits in the column, with fellow misses in the row).
deadbeat

bwross wrote:

The misses are in the column with geki and katu, which aren't score/combo things like 300s/100s/50s, they're bonuses to the HP meter. So I really don't see it as too important to keep it where it is... not when swapping it with the spinner bonus in that mockup would put it at the bottom of the column with the 300s/100s/50s... grouping it both ways (with hits in the column, with fellow misses in the row).
i'd still rather keep them where they are. i'm pretty much gonna be pretty stubborn on this sorry :(
i think the original(yet badly drawn) mock up image i made should work just fine. oh, and thanks for the nicer image btw mira-san. looks good
Mira-san

deadbeat wrote:

bwross wrote:

i'd still rather keep them where they are. i'm pretty much gonna be pretty stubborn on this sorry :(
i think the original(yet badly drawn) mock up image i made should work just fine. oh, and thanks for the nicer image btw mira-san. looks good
Thanks. :D
Keredna
Is this request also including the spinner bonus? If it does, can you make the end result display the total bonus score (including the amount generated by the multiplier)?
Cuz from what I know, a 5000 spinner bonus at 300 combo is not the same as the 5000 bonus at 400 combo.
show more