kekw

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mops12
kekw
Endaris
https://discord.gg/ppy collaborate if you want to make an impact
Also, did you know that isn't the final version of the rebalance? :^)
lolboatz
Pretty sure flow aim calculation isn't even implemented yet to the new pp rebalance. Be patient, because it's not even close to being finished.
Vuelo Eluko
i forget the url you can use to run ppls profiles through upcoming pp changes, can you link me?
Topic Starter
Mops12
kekw
Vuelo Eluko

Mops12 wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

i forget the url you can use to run ppls profiles through upcoming pp changes, can you link me?
https://newpp.stanr.info/

Endaris wrote:

Also, did you know that isn't the final version of the rebalance? :^)

Yep, i wrote it in P.S

Endaris wrote:

https://discord.gg/ppy collaborate if you want to make an impact

Thanks for link, always wanted to participate in upcoming pp changes.

Interesting.
My pp barely changes at all. Seems a lot of people lost large amounts and others gained a lot. I wonder if on average more people lost or gained?

I like how Jesse1412's unique speed scores are losing all their pp because of people abusing high bpm streams by double tapping. Unintended consequence ftw. Also funny to me how now his best scores are some junk farm maps he played during a short period where he was trying out pp farming.
Topic Starter
Mops12
kekw
Endaris
You should always keep in mind that every player will have more pp than the site lists.
Maps that take a steep fall in their value get pushed out of top plays but they will be replaced by maps that the preview tool doesn't consider.
These are my lowest 20 scores in the preview:

Needless to say that I have scores that will be worth a lot more than these that aren't considered for the preview.
My 95.27% FC on https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/431971#osu/936768 for example will yield about 200pp according to the calculation. Right now it's at like 146 or so and does not show up.
What is especially notable is that high quality chokes on longer maps seem to be rated much higher than in the current system (my highest gain is +51pp on a map where I have 1048/1265 combo and 98.09% acc). For most people these won't show up in any preview.
So while in the preview about 70-75% of players lose pp, it will probably go towards an even 50:50 split in reality.

I also want to note that the worst offenders of cheap DT plays actually lose or gain nothing. The hardest DT play in my top plays that is also top 50 on the map scoreboard rightfully gains its ton of pp in my opinion.
Vuelo Eluko

Mops12 wrote:

This high bpm streams debuff seems dumb and unfair towards speed players like gayzmcgee, informous, zestiny, etc., if it's only because of double tappers.

Actually, accuracy as it pertains to high bpm was seemingly buffed, otherwise how can you account for gayzmcgee going from rank 31 to rank 11? I think he deserves it personally, but the fact is double tappers are foregoing acc to abuse the star system for pp, often using mods like ez just to make double tapping even simpler, so if the high bpm nerf is only to low acc plays but this allows them to reward proper speed like gayz's which is actually accurate at absurd bpms above 280 I am all for it.

Endaris wrote:

You should always keep in mind that every player will have more pp than the site lists.
Maps that take a steep fall in their value get pushed out of top plays but they will be replaced by maps that the preview tool doesn't consider.
These are my lowest 20 scores in the preview:

Needless to say that I have scores that will be worth a lot more than these that aren't considered for the preview.
My 95.27% FC on https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/431971#osu/936768 for example will yield about 200pp according to the calculation. Right now it's at like 146 or so and does not show up.
What is especially notable is that high quality chokes on longer maps seem to be rated much higher than in the current system (my highest gain is +51pp on a map where I have 1048/1265 combo and 98.09% acc). For most people these won't show up in any preview.
So while in the preview about 70-75% of players lose pp, it will probably go towards an even 50:50 split in reality.

I also want to note that the worst offenders of cheap DT plays actually lose or gain nothing. The hardest DT play in my top plays that is also top 50 on the map scoreboard rightfully gains its ton of pp in my opinion.

All my extremely short cancer dt plays lost basically all of their pp, while the longer maps gained it.

Looks like i lost a lot more than i gained based on these but most of the scores losing large amounts of pp were not very high on my top ranks to begin with. My net loss was only -15. The person right above me on the leaderboard after the change lost over 600 oof

On the bright side, it gives me some motivation to go back and fix my golden sky/dai dai genome chokes and steers me away from the ultra short burst aim maps like Grab Some Sun which I absolutely hated to play anyway.

Looking forward to see the flow aim changes too. It's still a long term goal of mine to fc midnight siege dt and it looks like that map may be getting buffed.