forum

[duplicate] Custom SD/PF

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
loplop6754
This mod would be a variation of the the mods Sudden Death, and Perfect. The way it would work could be executed in a few ways, but before I go into that, let me actually tell you what the mod would do.

So we all know that sd/pf are great for trying to get a new okayish pp play, but we are faced with two options, One miss and you die, and 300s only. The mod would allow you to configure your instant death trigger, for example, if you wanted to get an fc with around 97-100% acc, you could set the mod to No-Miss, 10 100s, No 50s, and that would kill you if either of those conditions are met. This way you can actively decide the actual criteria for dying rather than the computer just giving you two options.

Now as for the execution, that's not something i've been able to come up with a good solution for. A mod like this would most likely need it's own menu, so my first idea is this. When you R-click on the mod, it would open up a small overlay, in this separate panel, it would display all the possible outcomes of a click (Miss, 50, 100, 300) and you could type the numbers next to those, and that would be applied to the mod. For example, typing 7 next to 50 would mean after 7 50s, you die.

Another idea for execution would be the same as above, but done on this website via your profile or something.

This mod could also be used as a difficulty increase mod. You could limit the number of 300s to 1 so that if you hit a note properly, you die, thus making this able to be used as a challenge mod as well.

Thank you for reading through my first fourm post, and please tell me about ways you would execute this idea, or why you think it might not work/be useful via the comments.
Death
Topic Starter
loplop6754

Death wrote:

This is a very popular request: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/141061

OH, thanks for letting me know