forum

Easy Mod discussion / post your easy mod records!

posted
Total Posts

Biggest reason you don't play easy mod?

Low AR
46.55%
Low OD causing extra misses
1.53%
Circle overlap
20.31%
0.50x score
13.79%
Confusing extra lives
2.30%
Other (post)
2.30%
None, I play it
13.22%
Total votes: 522
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Former title: "Why is easy mod the least used mod?"

It's come to my attention that even though I'm just decent at the game, people regard me as a pro just because I can play easy mod...

I never understood that for most people. I mean, when we started out and played Easy and Normal maps, those had low AR too, and we learned to read it as we got better... then everyone who can play Insane diffs suddenly forgets how to? I can understand people who drill AR10 and can sightread it eventually losing that ability, but everyone else confuses me... Some patterns make clusterf*cks that are absolutely unreadable with easy, and I'll admit that, but most of the time it's not that bad!

The multiplier is fair (harder than halftime but still heavily reduced) and the pp gain is fair (very little) but some people even think easy mod should give extra points! Heck I know at least 5 people who can read easy mod at least as well as me, some better, and they're better players too, so obviously this inability doesn't apply to everyone... I'm not very good and I get top40 with easy mod on some maps with little effort, so I'm curious to know: why exactly do most refuse to use it?

EDIT: Changed title
VelperK
pro
Gon
0.5x? i don't *hate* it, but i feel there's almost no incentive to learn it, at least for me
-Tenshi-

VelperK wrote:

pro
Topic Starter
MillhioreF

VelperK wrote:

pro
oh shut up xD
Winshley
I chose "Nope, I play it". To me, playing with Easy mod is all personal satisfaction, and it's challenging especially with Hidden mod. :P

I can bet that Low AR is the highest reason people avoided Easy mod, followed by Circle overlap.
Sup A Noob
Regarding Easy Mod for improving skills, I have NoFail over everything else.

Regarding Easy Mod for difficulty, I just can't stand clusterfucks and low AR. I *can* read them, but I just don't like them.
G0r
I agree that there is no incentive to play Easy mod, simply because it lowers your score. I don't particularly find something fun unless I feel I'm doing it for some benefit. I can understand how someone might enjoy messing around with it, though.

P.S.

VelperK wrote:

pro
kriers
I started using easy mod to gain my comfortable reading of AR 7 and 8 back. Apart from that, I regard easy mod as only a gimmick like mouse only.
Tanzklaue

kriers wrote:

I started using easy mod to gain my comfortable reading of AR 7 and 8 back. Apart from that, I regard easy mod as only a gimmick like mouse only.
it's really funny how some people fail to do any map below AR9, just because they are too fast :D
kriers

Tanzklaue wrote:

it's really funny how some people fail to do any map below AR9, just because they are too fast :D
It's especially funny that they're not really too fast or anything. They just don't know how to read circles properly.
Instead they base everything on reflexes, which obviously becomes a problem on lower AR as they get quicker :P
SapphireGhost
stuff

Click for a replay and 3 silly 100s.
I should start a thread for requests to play things with Easy mod.
XK2238
Easy mod helps a lot when playing Standard shitmaps (especially the high-SV ones) in Taiko. In fact, I do prefer (and like) this mod much more than Half Time when it comes to difficulty-decreasing. But for Std itself, I usually go No Fail.

if anyone cares
G0r

kriers wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

It's especially funny that they're not really too fast or anything. They just don't know how to read circles properly.
Instead they base everything on reflexes, which obviously becomes a problem on lower AR as they get quicker :P
Agreed. You can tell that this is the case when they have trouble with a map that switches rhythms or has sudden pauses. Some players, who otherwise are just fine when the map stays fast, will die every time when a map does this.
Lybydose

MillhioreF wrote:

I mean, when we started out and played Easy and Normal maps
false. I didn't play easy/normal because low approach rate is so much harder than high
silmarilen
i dont play easy mode but that doesnt mean i hate it.
Mythras
Yeah i dont hate easy mod but like... i dunno it kinda seems like a waste of time. To me it's kinda like forcing myself to do something annoying and complicated on hidden for LESS points.

If you wanna rock easymode be my guest.
xsrsbsns

Unkind wrote:

i dunno it kinda seems like a waste of time. To me it's kinda like forcing myself to do something annoying and complicated on hidden for LESS points.

If you wanna rock easymode be my guest.
This, it's actually an obvious reason for most people really.
Laharl
Easy's cool.
JesusYamato
too hard
i don't like hard things
show more