forum

[invalid] #offtopic Channel

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +322
Topic Starter
Sync
In aims to make the channels more relevant (#modhelp, #osu, #taiko etc) I propose we add a new channel called #offtopic. There was some support in #modhelp when the idea was brought up earlier (some were also against the idea).

I'd say that we give it a chance -- if it goes bad then we can always get rid of it.
thelewa
No Sync this is a really fucking bad idea you suck

and so does charles

especially charles

god he's a faggot
Wojjan
We tried #forumshit some time ago, which basically devolved into exactly this. I liked that while it lasted.

I do want all the BATs to know that the moderation in #offtopic is to reflect the moderation in Off-Topic.
Kanye West
Support, might as well use my votes on something
MillhioreF
oh lordy +24 priority in 3 minutes
Shohei Ohtani

thelewa wrote:

and so does charles

especially charles

god he's a faggot
dkun
k.
thelewa

CDFA wrote:

thelewa wrote:

and so does charles

especially charles

god he's a faggot
Genesis Rose

CDFA wrote:

thelewa wrote:

and so does charles

especially charles

god he's a faggot
Cyclohexane
I doubted the idea because I thought recreating Off-Topic in chat format was weird, unneccesary, and wouldn't work cause the chat would need moderation (And I couldn't be able to replicate my behavior in the actual OT without risking many a kill)

But Sync told me to try it out, so yeah. Let's give it a shot, see if it can work.
boat
but password secure it and only hand the password out to OT regulars and not reveng3r and imercurial
Shohei Ohtani
>tfw you aren't an "OT regular"
awp

Wojjan wrote:

We tried #forumshit some time ago, which basically devolved into exactly this. I liked that while it lasted.

I do want all the BATs to know that the moderation in #offtopic is to reflect the moderation in Off-Topic.
Proposed Rules for #offtopic:

bans for linking to NSFW/illegal materials (warez, hacks etc), and flooding. You guys can sort out the rest of your fucking problems on your own.
boat
and automatic silence if your name is imercurial or reveng3r :<
Kanye West

boat wrote:

but password secure it and only hand the password out to OT regulars and not reveng3r and imercurial
If #offtopic is happening, this cannot.
Mismagius
is this the "don't you fucking dare taking anything seriously in here" room

i'd like that

oh wait we're in the internet
Mercurial

boat wrote:

Man, offtopic is near shit, I don't want to join in your senseless room.

also, why the fuck am I here?

boat wrote:

and automatic silence if your name is imercurial or reveng3r :<
Also, I'm Mercurial, so I'm not silenced, you know.
Hika
^ ok then
boat

Mercurial wrote:

bptbpbptbptpbpt
#sob
Mercurial
Oh boat, you're a person so serious, I'm surprised of your ability to face out everything so diplomatically.
boat
lmao
Topic Starter
Sync
let's be ~positive~ about this
Ekaru
*shrugs* On one hand, #modHelp is working as intended. Its not-glorious purpose is to be a filter for #modReqs that contains all the discussion that used to make #mod an unorganized mess. On the other hand, the #mod community was a mapping/modding community, and #modHelp was designed to be a chat for that community. But, people who have nothing to do with that community sometimes join #modHelp because they want a non-#osu chat channel.

As such, I see no real reason to not give it to them. Just remember that it's your guys' responsibility to stop it from turning into another #random.
Vish024
Nope. #osu exists for this. #offtopic would only cause more clashes between our so-called "off-topic regulars" and others.
Kanye West

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Nope. #osu exists for this. #offtopic would only cause more clashes between our so-called "off-topic regulars" and others.
Well hopefully if we had an offtopic channel, #osu would contain more discussion on actual gameplay and less "post your random shit here" type stuff.
GladiOol
a channel where we are allowed to have fun?!?!?!

you have my vote.
Kanye West
Bumping. Here, take more votes.
Carlos

trust me...
[Dellirium]

Rock Forever wrote:

trust me...
That's why we don't need this.
Kanye West

[Dellirium] wrote:

Rock Forever wrote:

trust me...
That's why we don't need this.
That's why it would be moderated so shit like this doesn't happen.
Tsukimi Luna
Yes yes Yes yes Yes yes Yes yes Yes yes Yes yes Yes yes Yes yes Yes yes Yes yes Yes yes
+8votes go
Vext_old
Sure, I will gladly blow my entire load of votes on this.

+77 to +139? Well, that was fun.
Kluddio

thelewa wrote:

and so does charles

especially charles

god he's a faggot
Watch out! We got a badass over here! :)

Hehe
Kanye West
So when is this going to happen.
deadbeat

Kanye West wrote:

So when is this going to happen.
yesteryear :<
[Dellirium]

Kanye West wrote:

What's the difference between this channel and #osu then?
Ephemeral
why not
JFRN
good idea, only for fun xD. +Support.
Stefan

[Dellirium] wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

Because it will have more swag.
Drafura
First : Who let these guys escape from the OT subforum ? I thought they was trapped forever right there :(
Corin
This is the worst idea ever to be thought by humans.

+star
Kitsunemimi

[Dellirium] wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

This.

If anything, I'd prefer an #ontopic, because #osu is already filled with so much spam and shit that I want a cooler place to be to keep my sanity. And no, #modhelp is no good either because for a while now, it's often either been completely dead, or some random people who I don't know are using the entire channel up.

However I still really just dislike this idea nonetheless.
Mercurial
I'm with you Kitsu but... what does #ontopic means for you?
Soner Wolf
support!
Konei
Yeah :3
Kanye West

Kitsunemimi wrote:

If anything, I'd prefer an #ontopic, because #osu is already filled with so much spam and shit that I want a cooler place to be to keep my sanity. And no, #modhelp is no good either because for a while now, it's often either been completely dead, or some random people who I don't know are using the entire channel up.

However I still really just dislike this idea nonetheless.
Well if there were an #offtopic, then #osu can have more game-centered discussion, with any offtopic discussion being moderated
Wojjan
two (2) cents: We're gonna have to be clear in that while the target audience is that of the Off-Topic forum it's gonna be impossible to incorporate its entire mentality into a channel.
ztrot
I can see the merit in add this channel but I fear the cons would out weigh the pros not only that some would take the channels name off topic as a justification to spam shit everywhere and we have enough problems keeping #osu civil on some nights.
MillhioreF
We could have Wojjan !kill everything that moved. Yeah, that'd work.
ztrot
yeah I don't think that is gonna work to well we have two dedicated ops for #osu as is now and they have a tough time on some day (in no way am implying it is utter hell 24/7)
and one wojjan, iirc I could be wrong been out of staff for a bit, wojjan is just a forum op right?
show more