forum

Keep timeline zoom after testplay [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
winber1
I tried searching for this, but meh, didn't find anything. Or my keywords were horrible.

Anyways, it's quite simple. In editor, after you finish testplaying a map (f5 button), whether you just want to check how something looks, or actually play the map (or etc.), you go back into editor, but the timeline zoom reverts back to its original default state.

If you don't know what I mean, here is an example:

Before you testplay, the timeline zoom looks like this:
After you press f5 and testplay, and then come back into the editor, the timeline zoom looks like this:

As you can see, the timeline zoomed out.

It's just annoying to zoom back, and this zoomed out default state makes it annoying to read and see the timeline hitcricles, espeically on really fast maps.

All I'm suggesting is that the osu! editor does not revert back to this original default zoom, but rather it keeps your current zoom throughout your editing session unless you manually change it again yourself.

I don't think it's that hard to implement either.
Azure_Kite
I agree with this, so +support
Stefan
Support this. Shouldn't be that big thing to implement.
Saten
YES
It's annoying to zoom back everytime, especially after you zoomed in from the [Timing] tab which can zoom further than normally if necessary
Archangel Tirael
It's more like a bug report than future
request... I support, this may be fixed.
Aqo
oh well, my goal was to bump this thread originally anyway, and I just realized I don't have a post here

+support. please already notice this thread and fix this next patch please, it should be really easy to fix... add extern var for zoom level, maintain value from it between sessions. easy
ann_old
Yes, would so love this
Sakura

Aqo wrote:

[...] please already notice this thread and fix this next patch please, it should be really easy to fix... [...]
If this is a bug that needs to be fixed why isnt this thread on Tech Support then.
theowest
Here's somewhat the original thread.
t/55731
Sakura
Ah i see, marking this as duplicate then.