forum

[added] Save Timeline Zoom to .osb Files

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Esupanitix
I'm in the middle of mapping IOSYS - Usatei, which has a BPM of 380 and a Beat Divisor of 1/6. This creates problems since I have to zoom in all the way every single time, due to the fact that I can't see a blasted thing in the correct spot.

I'd like it if .osb files could have the Timeline Zoom saved as a minor convenience for those who can't really render that many shapes in osu! without it crashing.
Kitsunemimi
Why .osb
adam2046
Another terrible name change...
Ok idea. Maps remember other things right?
Topic Starter
Esupanitix
Thank you for the compliment on the name change but that doesn't apply here.

To Kitsunemimi: Because some people have different zoom settings for different maps, and that's why .osb instead of the .osz file.
Gens
That doesn't make sense... osb is strictly only for storyboards. The idea is pretty nice, but it would definitely have to be in the .osu per difficulty. Surely making zoom in once per difficulty is better than doing it everytime.
Ayeen_old

Gens wrote:

That doesn't make sense... osb is strictly only for storyboards. The idea is pretty nice, but it would definitely have to be in the .osu per difficulty. Surely making zoom in once per difficulty is better than doing it everytime.
So no more mod " Delete .osb" from the modders pop in your map's thread
Starrodkirby86
Should be .osu instead of .osb. Going off from what Gens said, .osb strictly stores Storyboard data, as shown with its default information of [Events]. Also, .osb applies to a whole mapset, which wouldn't do very well when you're switching from an [Easy] to an [Insane], where the Divisors are totally different. .osu stores the Beat Snap Divisor and Grid Size data, so why not store the Zoom level? This can be convenient when working with a song that uses a beat snap divisor 1/4 and up.
awp
Is the .osu file used for storing parameters unrelated to the beatmap? This seems like a bad design to me.
Starrodkirby86
There's a section in the .osu for stuff like this though, so I would assume the Zoom Level can be, to say the least, related to it.

[Editor]
DistanceSpacing: 0.8
BeatDivisor: 4
GridSize: 16
theMikeAG
This sounds more like something that should be saved to your user profile rather than on a beatmap by beatmap basis. I personally zoom in every time I enter the edit menu and it would be nice if it stayed zoomed in all the time.
grumd
bump!
supporing but not supportng cause i have no votes
Enna Alouette
Support ~ o.o
theowest
So this is the original thread of this feature request: t/95041

almost exactly the same. different ways to do it.
deadbeat
this is now added \:D/
timeline zoom is now saved to the .osu
TheVileOne
Joy, another setting I will need to add to my reader. >.>