forum

Beat-Up Osu! Suggestion [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
IBaddyI
Hey Community,
Im a huge fan of music games.
I play lots of different types and as I played osu, I really missed something like Beat-Up!.

You play it with your numpad, that means...
left side: 7 4 1
right side: 9 6 3
Beat-Up!-Bar: Space

It is really fun and harder songs require training and skill.
I allready tried Taiko, but it isnt the same feeling.
It is a different kind of mode that is not harder to play like taiko, but in a different way.
It brings also more beat-, rythm and hit-feeling into the game, unlike taiko.
Additionally, if you hit a 100x Combo, you get your first Score-Multiplyer. And after you hit 300x you get your second.
To see your progress in hitting the Combos you've got that botttom-mid bar, that is charging for every hit you make.
Till 100x Combi, you lose only -20x Combi, if you miss a note. But after hitting it, you'll miss your complete combi and have to start over.

Some of my friends replied to my suggestion: "why dont you play beatup in other games?"
well, because I really like Osu! and in other music games, its hard to get new maps, especially hard ones.
Plus I think, a music game is in need of some gamemode like this.

I allready looked if someone posted this allready, but didnt found anything.
So if its a repost, Im really sorry, just wanted to suggest this awesome type of gamemode and I would be really pleased to see BeatUp on Osu! and ranking against other people :).

If you got any suggestions/questions/critics on it, dont hesitate to post it right here.
If I missed something to explain/mention, I will answer it and update the Main-Post.

P.S.: Im not even sorry for my bad english o;

(Video-Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTS-1ndd_9I )
deadbeat
I don't think we need another multi key game mode now that we have osu!mania.
its not available on the public build yet, but there is a lot of work going towards to it
those
Ew what's the name of this game
Oh right, Audition. Fair suggestion, but I doubt it will be implemented; it takes a long time to properly develop a new game mode.
Aurele
Ohplease, not Beat-Up.
Inb4 One-Two, Rhythm Holic, etc...
Archangel Tirael
And on what criteria should the game determine what kind of needle should move? I think that this idea is fundamentally contrary to the original planned by osu!, Thereby transforming it from a rhythm game in the music game. (I hope, understand what I mean. :) ) Another would be offered to add to osu! BMS emulator and simulator DJMAX: Trilogy. :D
Topic Starter
IBaddyI

deadbeat wrote:

I don't think we need another multi key game mode now that we have osu!mania.
its not available on the public build yet, but there is a lot of work going towards to it
I took a look at Osu!mania.
Its pretty much the same. But its the first time, I read about this mode.
But in my opinion, they should make the Interface more like beat-up for more clarity.

I also forgot to mention that Beat-Up! also got an additional hit. Its the bar on the bottom mid; you have to hit it with they Space-Key.
Also, I'll try to explain a little bit more about the gameplay in my first post.
Mithos
More people play beatmania/guitarhero/stepmania/DDR/etc than Beat-Up!, so the format for osu!mania will follow those games. It's just appealing to the masses.
Sakura
Inb4 Blue chane, Red chance
MMzz
I'm pretty sure osu!mania is going to serve as a multi-game simulator.

You have the ability to set what keys you want basically giving us the ability to emulate DDR/stepmania/DJMAX/beatmania and IIDX.
So we're getting more than one mode out of osu!mania ;)
Archangel Tirael
Looked screens of Osu!Mania...
I hope that in the "normal"
Osu! such a regime will not
fall and he will remain in Osu!test.
deadbeat
osu!mania will most likely cross over to the public build when osz2 is fully released. might be earlier, but unsure on this
Azure_Kite
osu!mania will be released to the public when it's ready to be. Any discussion on when that is is really just baseless speculation, other than peppy did say it'd likely be after osz2's release.
Archangel Tirael
To be honest, in osu!mania I have not played, but the device of its gameplay guess. If my suspicions are confirmed, I should say that the very idea of this regime very bad! I think it is fundamentally contrary to the original planned by osu!. All I need now is to learn how the game determines which path will fall "note." If this position is calculated from the X-axis hitcircle in Beatmap, I hate this regime. If this regime needed their files (not .osz or other files that are not compatible with the osu!standart), then why it is called OSUm!ania? Which in this case, this mode is related to osu!?
deadbeat
what???
Archangel Tirael
Yes ... Perhaps rattled off a lot
of things too much, because
in this mode, I have not
played since I am not
supporter. To buy a supporter
in my backwater need a good
try. And the commission will
have to pay very large. :)
Azure_Kite
I think you should hold your opinions to yourself until you have actually tried it. Considering your Beat Up idea is a mashed up idea of osu!Mania, you are in turn suggesting this request is a Very Bad idea.
theowest
I always wished there was a numpad based rhythm game, meaning I would be able to press numbers very easily if I became good at it.

This is not what I would like to see in such rhythm game.

I also like the idea of using your alphabetic keys to the rhythm, something like this but rhythm based.
kazuki25_old
osu .... can i suggest ?? can we have translator engine while talking to other countries???please because sometimes i cannot understand other people because their own language thank you soo much and more years to come ....! banzai :D
Oinari-sama

kazuki25 wrote:

osu .... can i suggest ?? can we have translator engine while talking to other countries???please because sometimes i cannot understand other people because their own language thank you soo much and more years to come ....! banzai :D
There are already tons of online translator engines like google translate so I don't see a need for that.

Besides, online translation never works well. Here's a translation of what you said back to Filipino. Does it make much sense (I don't understand Filipino btw)?
Filipino Translation
osu .... maaaring i iminumungkahi? magkaroon kami ng mga tagasalin engine habang pakikipag-usap sa ibang mga bansa?? dahil minsan ay hindi ako maunawaan ang ibang tao dahil ang kanilang sariling wika salamat sa iyo Soo magkano at higit pang mga taon na dumating ....! banzai

3rdly, this is the wrong place to request for translator engine. Make a separate Feature Request thread.
jemhuntr

Oinari-sama wrote:

Besides, online translation never works well. Here's a translation of what you said back to Filipino. Does it make much sense (I don't understand Filipino btw)?
Filipino Translation
osu .... maaaring i iminumungkahi? magkaroon kami ng mga tagasalin engine habang pakikipag-usap sa ibang mga bansa?? dahil minsan ay hindi ako maunawaan ang ibang tao dahil ang kanilang sariling wika salamat sa iyo Soo magkano at higit pang mga taon na dumating ....! banzai
that translation is good enough, it gives you a bit of idea about what he or she said. I'll re-translate it manually.
manually re-translated
osu .... can i suggesting? to have us a translator engine while conversation in other countries?? because sometimes i don't understand the other people because their own language thank you Soo how much and more years to come ....! banzai
google re-translate
osu .... can i suggest? We have translators engine while talking to other countries? because sometimes I do not understand other people because their own language thank you soo much and more years to come ....! BANZAI

some weird translations, but it makes some sense. that's better than having no idea what other people are saying, especially when it's on a different character set.

but anyway, in-game google translate will never be implemented. peppy was interested to have one, but due to it's high daily cost, it's hopeless.

and yeah, don't post off-topic replies.
VoidnOwO
:oops: