forum

Official OT! Parliament 2019 election

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

OT! Parliament election 2019

Beloved fellow denizens of OT.
Today, I am honored to announce the OT! Parliament member election for the year 2019.

As president Achromalia have announced, I have been entrusted with the responsibility of hosting this year's election for the OT! Parliament.
This election will pick out four out of six registered candidates to serve as members in the OT! Parliament.
This election will last for a week. The results will be announced shortly after.

As stated by president Achromalia, the Parliament's duties are:

- Set and absolve laws; set taxes, fees, tolls and other official burdens.

- Keep track and uphold official institutions.

- Keep track of and uphold intra-forum industry.

- Administrate the OTPD and other government agencies.

- Ensure quality remains within the forums.

Further specific details of each member's duties will be specified once they're elected into the OT! Parliament.

Voting rules and list of candidates

Rules throughout the voting duration:

- Each and every single OT denizen has the right to vote. Although voting isn't mandatory, denizens are encouraged to vote.
- Candidates are allowed to vote, even if it's for themselves.
- Denizen's votes will only be accepted through DMs as stated in the "How to vote" section. Votes that doesn't follow voting instructions will be ignored.
- Denizens who are serving OT jail time or have lost their right to vote by the decision of the OT high court will not be allowed to vote.
- A denizen's vote will be cancelled or considered to be invalid in the following circumstances:
  • The vote was by a denizen that has recently lost denizenship.
  • The denizen's vote was accepted but said denizen have lost their denizenship during the voting duration.
  • The denizen's vote was proven to have been influenced by bribery or any other kinds of voter manipulation.
- Acts of voter manipulation like buying votes, bribery or rigging the voting system is strictly forbidden. Any candidates that are found to be violated will be disqualified immediately.
- Candidates are not allowed to cooperate in any circumstances for any reason.
- Be civil and respectful. Debates are allowed as long as they are civil and isn't done with ill intent, but any acts of defamation will be punished accordingly to the severity of each case.
- At the end of the election, 4 out of 6 candidates with the highest amount of votes will be picked to serve as members of the OT! Parliament.
- The results of the election will be announced after one week.
- If there isn't enough votes to get to a decision, or when candidates have the same amount of votes, then the OT! Parliament will decide on who will be accepted.

List of candidates:
  • abraker
  • Ashton
  • Zain Sugieres
  • Penguin
  • TeeArctic1
  • Vuelo Eluko

How to vote:

Denizen's votes are accepted via DMs.
Please PM me the name of the candidate that you'd like to vote for, either through the Osu! forums or on Discord.
List of candidates can be found in the "Voting rules and list of candidates" section.
Denizen's vote will be accepted in the duration of one week after this thread has been made. Any further votes after the voting duration will not be accepted.
Ashton
Why you should vote for Ashton:

-Experienced OT!Poster!
I have made a numerous amount of high quality threads, each differing in styles and execution.

-Knowledgeable activist, journalist, therapist and scientist!
I have studied the behaviours of other denizens, as well as foreigners, to aid them in times of need and predict any mishaps that may happen. I am responsible for ensuring the safety of our people in the event of a BN apocalypse.

-I’m cute!
Duh!

-
Vuelo Eluko
Błogosławieni miłosierni,
Albowiem oni miłosierdzia dostąpią.
Błogosławieni miłosierni,
Albowiem oni miłosierdzia dostąpią.
Zain Sugieres
vote for me lol
abraker
Why support someone who necros? Let the threads be at rest.
Zain Sugieres
ur mad
abraker
Not just mad, I'm mad scientisto.
Ashton

abraker wrote:

Not just mad, I'm mad scientisto.

Admitting to be mad, but also illiterate?

I, Ashton, am an all around joyous person; I will not get mad at you. I will talk with you. I will consider you. I will appreciate you.
abraker
aRE yOU mAD aT mY iLLITERACY?
Zain Sugieres
ur both dumb
abraker
You are simply lacking the intellectual capacity to comprehend the high and sophisticated form of conversational exchange that is currently present in this area.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
We need more voters!
There have been a decent amount of votes since the last 29 hours, but it's not anywhere near enough to reach a solid conclusion.
Anyone who haven't voted yet, please do. Even candidates are allowed to vote and they can vote for anyone, even themselves.
Votes are accepted via private messages on either the Osu! site or Discord.
abraker
Everyone who votes will get 10 OT!Bucks, courtesy of A-Breaking Laboratory
Ashton
Bribery!
abraker
how is that bribery?
Ashton
Offering money for votes. Disgusting!
abraker
I am offering a reward for voting anyone. They can vote you for all I care, so long they vote.
Zain Sugieres
yea but vote for me
Achromalia
eh, yeah, but actually, vote for vuelo, who has a really decent and noble cause >:O
abraker
*gasp* our dear president is biased!?!

vote for me I'll bring this slacker into tip-top shape!
TeeArctic1
Guys guys, the only cause that matters is eradication of disgusting ducks, let's be real here. I'd appreciate your vote
Zain Sugieres
vote for me im cool
abraker
cool as as ice cube who stands frozen in front of the crowd?
Achromalia
abraker's the maddest of lads. a vote for him wouldn't be too bad.
abraker
the only one mad here is you. Shoo, Mr. president, shoo! Away, go influence some other election.
Carmlillball
Achro and Putin have influenced the US elections
TeeArctic1
I call for a thorough investigation into this collusion
Has our infallible president given in to the temptations of corruption? If so, I have a bone to pick with him
Achromalia
It's primarily up to the public to decide.

Besides, I can still vote after all. Shouldn't it be fair to support the ones you vote for?

and really, i can say whatever the hell, supporting those i don't vote for.
abraker
hmmmmmm
ColdTooth
h
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

NOTICE

4 days have passed since the voting was open.
Denizens will have 3 more days to vote if they haven't already.
The voting polls will be closed and no further votes will be accepted afterwards.
An announcement of election winners and votes statistics will be released after voting is complete.

Glory to OT!
Ashton
Yay!
Penguin
Hey guys, you probably forgot that I'm a candidate in the running. Which is exactly why you should vote for me! You'll never have to be bothered with annoying and silly political matters with me in office!

VOTE PENGUIN!
Ashton
Remember to vote for me!
TeeArctic1
Ordner shall be reinstated to OT, glory to our homeland
Vote Tee
abraker
Yea but I'll actually get shit done
ERA Puzzle
Yes but if you vote for me absolutely nothing will happen because I'm not on the ballot and your vote would be wasted please dont do that go out and vote people thanks
payney
hey guys, vote for whoever you want, as long as theyre on the ballot
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

NOTICE

The voting poll will only be open for one last day.
Denizens whom haven't voted yet will have one last day to submit their votes.
The voting polls will be closed and no further votes will be accepted once time has ran out.
An announcement of election winners and votes statistics will be released after voting is complete.

Thank you all for participating in this OT! Parliament election.
Glory to OT!
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

NOTICE

The voting poll is now officially closed. No further votes will be accepted at this point.
A separate thread for announcing the election winners will be made shortly.
The announcement thread will also serve as a post election discussion thread for denizens and a post election speech thread for candidates.

Glory to OT!
show more