forum

PP Farming isn't possible right?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tables
I checked my friend's recent maps played and he just got some S's and A's .. nothing special for easy/normal songs... he got 1000 pp in a day..

My other friend is level 22 and only has 3 or 4ish top 500 ranks, and he has tons more pp then me.. i have a rank 1 , rank 6, tons of 20-30s and lots of <500's..

How are they getting so much PP, this system is so confusing to me.. please explain someone? How could they possibly get so much PP?
Meat_ball3
BECAUSE YOU SUCK TABLES
Topic Starter
Tables

Meat_ball3 wrote:

BECAUSE YOU SUCK TABLES
<3 u meatball :D
var1ation
Alright... here you go.. practice and get better at the game ;D but really Just play the game and try getting highscores.. PP is based on skill now more than playtime.
Wishy
Ranks on easy diffs are worth shit. Plus there are many factors that I don't know about.
Sey
If you wanna know how they work check the wiki entry: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points
Continue discussions in the Performance Point - Thread now: t/90815
Topic Starter
Tables

var1ation wrote:

Alright... here you go.. practice and get better at the game ;D but really Just play the game and try getting highscores.. PP is based on skill now more than playtime.
^^^^^^^

This guy is the secret farmer.
Frizz
Go play Insanes
var1ation
You wanna play a variety of songs... Not just most likely hard songs...
IppE
Easiest way to "farm" pp is to get a FC in new insanes.
Luna
Or just don't care about rank, play the maps you like with the mods you like and eventually your pp will adjust
DR nibbles
that is easier said then done. although i play for fun, i cant stand it when my rank starts to go back up. Thats me though :)
lolcubes
By farming, it means that just ranking whatever scores (rankwhoring) won't increase your PP. If you score high ranks on maps, it's natural that you will gain PP.

Also, use the already existing PP thread for PP discussion and stuff here: t/90815.